Yacht Club BREAKFAST Menu

Host Jazzbeau

On 9/1/2021 at 11:34 AM, LeCommandant said:

Thanks a lot!! Yes it will be the same I think. 

What about the policy to drink beverages outside the YC area ?

You will not have any difficulty as a YC guest in ordering whatever you are able to do so in YC at any other bar elsewhere on the ship.  At the Meraviglia Lounge at the Atmosphere Bar near the mid-ship pool, the pours were most generous.  

6 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

Except the champagne bar here you get Nicolas Feullatte only.

To get the others you need the +package...as long as available...

Something I’m really looking forward to, for the last time it seems, next month.  Very much enjoying NCL’s PremPlus at the moment. 🥴 hic  Veuve Cliquot is going down a treat. 😁

Do you know the name of the person manning the Champagne Bar, by any chance, MT?

• 6 months later...
On 10/20/2019 at 2:51 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Breakfast:

Breakfast-1.jpg

Breakfast-2.jpg

Please note that what MSC claims to be "maple syrup" is actually "breakfast syrup" There was no maple syrup on board the MSC Seashore in YC on the March 5th 2022 cruise. No sure if they will amend the menu. The management didn't seem to care. I took a picture of what the waiter claimed was maple syrup. 

IMG_2614.JPG

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fighterone said:

Please note that what MSC claims to be "maple syrup" is actually "breakfast syrup" There was no maple syrup on board the MSC Seashore in YC on the March 5th 2022 cruise. No sure if they will amend the menu. The management didn't seem to care. I took a picture of what the waiter claimed was maple syrup. 

Doubt very much they will change the menu.  'Maple syrup' is used pretty commonly in the US to refer to products like this.

Regarding the Cold Cuts and Cheese:  

I had to order both and could not order a combination of the two.  For Breakfast, along with fruit, juice, and bread, I could not "clean my plate".  What a waste of food.  

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 4:12 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Doubt very much they will change the menu.  'Maple syrup' is used pretty commonly in the US to refer to products like this.

It's a shame really! The waiters were so sure that this breakfast syrup was actually maple syrup. We had just gotten back from an Azamara Quest cruise and I had saved a Dickinson mini jar of grade A maple syrup. I had it with me and gave a teaspoon to our waiter so he could compare. 

I was once on a HAL cruise, having breakfast in Club Orange and ordered Eggs Benedict with "crab". What I got was krab, "surimi" because they had run out of real "crab" or so they claimed. The chef did apologize though. 

IMG_2616.JPG

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/14/2020 at 2:02 PM, onlineangel said:

This may have been asked and buried in a different post somewhere but does anyone know if it is possible to order breakfast items via room service in YC that are not on the official room service menu? Such as those on the menu posted above?

I ask because on NCL (suite) they told us that we could order whatever we wanted for breakfast (within reason and if available, of course) even though not on the menu - just to manually write on the card what we wanted. 

Not sure if that's something MSC will do.

Thanks!!

I sailed on MSC Seashore July 23 - 30, 2022, and despite asking, no the staff would not deliver any restaurant meals to the room, even in Yacht Club.  I was told "only if the guests is ill" which I hesitated to lie about lest I be quarantined or interrogated.  This was disappointing because despite having "anytime" dining, the real dining time is only a 2 hour window for breakfast and again for lunch, and only in the dining room, meaning no private dining in your room.  Don't ask for it to go in the restaurant either; that's a no-go.  I had friends in the non-YC areas of the ship, and this policy meant separating ourselves on every meal.

For everyone's interest, I'm posting the room service menus of both Yacht Club and Aurea, both breakfast and all other times.  Note that Aurea has a MORE expansive list of options than Yacht Club does, despite paying 3-4 times as much as Aurea guests.  Also, the minibar in YC has fewer items than Aurea does.  I was denied any other meal options than what was on my menu, even when asking and when offering to pay.  Very disappointing.

Lastly, I've attached a picture of what all the YC room service meal options look like.  Note that the side item is always Lays potato chips.  None of the food items are hot (except the soup) nor freshly prepared.

Aurea Room Service Menu.jpeg

Yacht Club Room Service Menu.jpeg

Breakfast Menu Front.jpeg

Breakfast Menu Back.jpeg

Yacht Club Room Service - everything.jpeg

• Thanks 2

On 9/9/2021 at 9:39 AM, MarkusToe said:

Except the champagne bar here you get Nicolas Feullatte only.

To get the others you need the +package...as long as available...

On the MSC Seashore, sailing July 23-30, 2022, the included champagne in Yacht Club (premium drink package) was Nicolas Feuillatte, roughly a $30/bottle variety.  This was not served at every bar on the ship; some only had Prosecco or lower grades of sparkling wine only.  Personally, I found the included Prosecco to be more tasteful than the Nicolas champagne.

Any fancier, and you have to go to the champagne bar yourself, buy it (20% discount), then bring it back to your room.  the champagne bar did not have staff to bring it back to my room, ordering via room service was denied, as was ordering a bottle of any champagne via room service.  Instead, they insisted on pouring one glass at a time and sending to the room on a tray.  As many glasses as you want, but no bottle service.

For reference, Moet Chandon Brut was about $68/bottle after discount, and Veuve Clicquot Brut yellow label was about $80/bottle after discount.  They also have Dom Perignon and Cristal, both around $270 - $300/bottle (before discount).  I was able to use OBC to pay for the bottles I bought.

For comparison, I had unlimited Perrier-Jouët on Celebrity in the Penthouse (Retreat-level), and a bottle of Moet was included on embark day on NCL in an Owner's suite.  Generally, I was disappointed by what MSC considered "premium".

Also, if you order any drink anywhere on board that is > $15/glass, or not served by the glass at all, you must pay the full price of the glass or bottle, not the difference above $15.  This had a big negative impact to the value of my drink package since going even $1 over $15/glass meant the full price negating the value of the drink package altogether and forcing you to drink stuff you might not like.

In general, the Yacht Club value is poor, and it's a way better buy to go Aurea then buy a la carte thereafter.  See my other posts for more detail, or just message me and happy to share.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MmmmJason said:

I had friends in the non-YC areas of the ship, and this policy meant separating ourselves on every meal

And what's the problem? Looks like your idea was to invite them to your room to have non YC guest having YC dinner 

Edited by MarkusToe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MarkusToe said:

And what's the problem? Looks like your idea was to invite them to your room to have non YC guest having YC dinner 

The problem was that I invited and suggested to my fellow friends to come along on this cruise so we could all enjoy time together, and each buys whatever cabin class they desire and can afford.

I would like to have invited them to my room to enjoy conversation, while having refreshments or food.  They were also free to do the same with me, only their cabins were smaller not lending itself to do this.  And, I did pay for the larger cabin so why not use it for this purpose?

I don't mind paying for the food or beverages for the extra people, but that was not an option.  My goal was not to try to get something for nothing, and it wasn't as if the YC food options were better (they were less, in fact).

The YC experience for me ended up segregating us unnecessarily.  On Celebrity and NCL, I was welcome to host whomever I wanted back at our cabin and the butler was happy to provide the food and drinks we wanted for entertaining guests.  This only further encouraged more people to book in these nicer cabins.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MmmmJason said:

On the MSC Seashore, sailing July 23-30, 2022, the included champagne in Yacht Club (premium drink package) was Nicolas Feuillatte, roughly a $30/bottle variety.  This was not served at every bar on the ship; some only had Prosecco or lower grades of sparkling wine only.  Personally, I found the included Prosecco to be more tasteful than the Nicolas champagne.

Any fancier, and you have to go to the champagne bar yourself, buy it (20% discount), then bring it back to your room.  the champagne bar did not have staff to bring it back to my room, ordering via room service was denied, as was ordering a bottle of any champagne via room service.  Instead, they insisted on pouring one glass at a time and sending to the room on a tray.  As many glasses as you want, but no bottle service.

For reference, Moet Chandon Brut was about $68/bottle after discount, and Veuve Clicquot Brut yellow label was about $80/bottle after discount.  They also have Dom Perignon and Cristal, both around $270 - $300/bottle (before discount).  I was able to use OBC to pay for the bottles I bought.

For comparison, I had unlimited Perrier-Jouët on Celebrity in the Penthouse (Retreat-level), and a bottle of Moet was included on embark day on NCL in an Owner's suite.  Generally, I was disappointed by what MSC considered "premium".

Also, if you order any drink anywhere on board that is > $15/glass, or not served by the glass at all, you must pay the full price of the glass or bottle, not the difference above $15.  This had a big negative impact to the value of my drink package since going even $1 over $15/glass meant the full price negating the value of the drink package altogether and forcing you to drink stuff you might not like.

In general, the Yacht Club value is poor, and it's a way better buy to go Aurea then buy a la carte thereafter.  See my other posts for more detail, or just message me and happy to share.

Not sure why you had to go to the champagne bar to purchase a bottle of Moet, on the YC bar menu I have (from Virtuosa) there are several champagnes by the bottle (including Moet at £65) to purchase in the Connoisseurs selection. If you had gone to Top Sail to purchase it I'm sure one of the butlers would have put it on a tray and taken it back to your cabin for you, every time we headed back to our cabin with a drink someone always offered to carry it for us although we always declined.

2 hours ago, kernow said:

Not sure why you had to go to the champagne bar to purchase a bottle of Moet, on the YC bar menu I have (from Virtuosa) there are several champagnes by the bottle (including Moet at £65) to purchase in the Connoisseurs selection. If you had gone to Top Sail to purchase it I'm sure one of the butlers would have put it on a tray and taken it back to your cabin for you, every time we headed back to our cabin with a drink someone always offered to carry it for us although we always declined.

That would have been nice but unfortunately that was not the experience i had on this cruise.  The specifically asked both room service staff over the phone and directly from our butler, both were unable to provide any bottle of champagne above Nicolas F.  The room did not include any drink list other than the minibar list for generic alcohol (gin, vodka, whiskey).

1 hour ago, MmmmJason said:

That would have been nice but unfortunately that was not the experience i had on this cruise.  The specifically asked both room service staff over the phone and directly from our butler, both were unable to provide any bottle of champagne above Nicolas F.  The room did not include any drink list other than the minibar list for generic alcohol (gin, vodka, whiskey).

Wow, I'm really surprised that you were not able to get what is on the YC bar menu, I've seen some of your other posts, perhaps you were just unlucky with your butler. Did you speak to the YC director?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MmmmJason said:

I sailed on MSC Seashore July 23 - 30, 2022, and despite asking, no the staff would not deliver any restaurant meals to the room, even in Yacht Club.  I was told "only if the guests is ill" which I hesitated to lie about lest I be quarantined or interrogated.  This was disappointing because despite having "anytime" dining, the real dining time is only a 2 hour window for breakfast and again for lunch, and only in the dining room, meaning no private dining in your room.  Don't ask for it to go in the restaurant either; that's a no-go.  I had friends in the non-YC areas of the ship, and this policy meant separating ourselves on every meal.

Did you think of bringing food from the YC pool deck back to your room? We had great made-to-order burgers there several times and one time brought them to the room to enjoy on our balcony.

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2022 at 2:19 PM, Fighterone said:

It's a shame really! The waiters were so sure that this breakfast syrup was actually maple syrup. We had just gotten back from an Azamara Quest cruise and I had saved a Dickinson mini jar of grade A maple syrup. I had it with me and gave a teaspoon to our waiter so he could compare. 

I was once on a HAL cruise, having breakfast in Club Orange and ordered Eggs Benedict with "crab". What I got was krab, "surimi" because they had run out of real "crab" or so they claimed. The chef did apologize though. 

IMG_2616.JPG

The waiter must be like … damn let’s quit the job and change the company 😂

• Haha 2

On 8/11/2022 at 7:24 AM, MmmmJason said:

For everyone's interest, I'm posting the room service menus of both Yacht Club and Aurea, both breakfast and all other times.  Note that Aurea has a MORE expansive list of options than Yacht Club does, despite paying 3-4 times as much as Aurea guests.  Also, the minibar in YC has fewer items than Aurea does.  I was denied any other meal options than what was on my menu, even when asking and when offering to pay.  Very disappointing.

Lastly, I've attached a picture of what all the YC room service meal options look like.  Note that the side item is always Lays potato chips.  None of the food items are hot (except the soup) nor freshly prepared.

Breakfast Menu Back.jpeg

Is this the actual Aurea breakfast? Gonna bid on an upgrade^^

On 8/11/2022 at 7:24 AM, MmmmJason said:

Breakfast Menu Back.jpeg

Sorry I think this picture might be outdated. This is what I got from Aurea guests. 

A.JPG

On 8/11/2022 at 3:41 PM, MmmmJason said:

And "for comparison" sake - what was the difference in price - say a 7 day NCL  owners suite with a 7 day Royal Suite in YC - I'm sure there is a difference ~!!

For comparison I did a dummy booking for 1 week Caribbean cruise in October next year - NCL $20,533 YC $14,208  

You are going to pay over $6k a week more on NCL

Edited by Janet&Carl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/1/2021 at 10:50 AM, elbarney said:

Grandiosa July, Seashore is the same, I imagine Seaside will be.

QR_V_YC-BAR-LIST_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1624735625.pdf 264.36 kB · 335 downloads

Thanks for this list. I find the included wines in the Yacht Club rather disappointing. I was expecting better quality Italian wines like a Primitivo or a Nero davola or a Rosso de Montalcino. 
Ivi

• Like 1