Sydney Hotel Post Cruise

mrobinson

We need a hotel after our cruise in Sydney for 1 night. We will be catching a 11 am flight back to USA the day after the cruise.

fyi we will have already spent 8 nights pre-cruise exploring Sydney so we don’t need anything too fancy. It will be Dec 23rd.

i have Marriott points and hopefully some Holiday Inn points by then.

also is there a Marriott hotel that is good for a few days pre cruise that is good for exploring Sydney. Would like to use my points,

thanks for assistance - we are booking this cruise at the last minute and we arrive in Sydney Nov 22

Almost any hotel in the central business area of Sydney is a suitable base for sight seeing. I would suggest you book your accommodation asap, particularly your 23rd December stay. I had a quick look at a hotel booking website and already close to 75% of places are already booked for the 23rd. For your 8 night stay, I would look at a serviced apartment (I realise you have Marriott points) as you will have cooking and laundry facilities in your apartment. 

Browse some of the hotel booking websites and when you find what you want, contact the hotel directly. Many find that you can often get a much better deal.

Enjoy your time down under.

Leigh

46 minutes ago, mrobinson said:

We need a hotel after our cruise in Sydney for 1 night. We will be catching a 11 am flight back to USA the day after the cruise.

fyi we will have already spent 8 nights pre-cruise exploring Sydney so we don’t need anything too fancy. It will be Dec 23rd.

also is there a Marriott hotel that is good for a few days pre cruise that is good for exploring Sydney. Would like to use my points,

thanks for assistance - we are booking this cruise at the last minute and we arrive in Sydney Nov 22

there’s 2 cruise terminals,I presume circular quay?

Pre cruise there’s a good Marriott circular quay and holiday inn rocks.

on your last day before you fly home I would stay at the airport.

The ship usually has a city tour and will drop you off at your airport hotel.

If you want to go out for dinner catch the train into town.

3 hours ago, mrobinson said:

There’s a holiday inn at Sydney airport that’s got good reviews. It’s not onsite but close.

I has a airport shuttle and there’s a train station 2 minutes walk.

If you’re in Sydney for 8 nights pre-cruise I wouldn’t stay in 1 hotel for all that time.

As Leigh said a apartment For 8 nights or do a side trip and leave your bags at a hotel they will store them.

Personally 8 nights in Sydney is to much.

Thank you all for your assistance. I will look into booking an airport hotel for the 23rd.

We won’t be spending 8 days in Sydney pre cruise. We have friends I. The Newcastle area and will spend a few days with them after a few days in Sydney.  Still trying to figure out how to divide up the time,

34 minutes ago, mrobinson said:

Thank you all for your assistance. I will look into booking an airport hotel for the 23rd.

We won’t be spending 8 days in Sydney pre cruise. We have friends I. The Newcastle area and will spend a few days with them after a few days in Sydney.  Still trying to figure out how to divide up the time,

The ships have a disembarkation tour to the airport,it only cheap . Leave the ship about 9:00 a couple of hours seeing the beaches a site’s  , then your hotel at the airport.

Pre cruise a overnight in the blue mountains or hunter valley.

7 hours ago, mrobinson said:

Marriott Pier one is great if you can get a great price with points. Built over the water.