Question about elite status and laundry

sdnich

My husband and I just became elite after our last cruise and are cruising in about four days on a B2B with an eight day cruise and a seven day cruise to  Caribbean .My question is that I could have sworn that we were given a complementary bag of laundry after becoming elite and when I just re-read on the website it said for a cruise of 15 days or more?? Did they change it or did I miss read it? I was packing as if I would have laundry done complementary on first and second cruise not that I could not afford it just was looking forward to having it complementary! 
Thanks for info

Unless they've changed it recently (which I wouldn't put it past them!), it's always been a bag/cruise.  If both you and your husband are Elite, you each get a bag.  For each cruise on the B2B.  Given that Celebrity doesn't do 15 day cruises, that stipulation doesn't make much sense.

I'm Elite+ and get 2 bags/cruise and shall be very crabby if that goes away.

You definitely misread the website - per their website each elite is entitled to:

Two complimentary pressed items

One complimentary dry clean item

One discounted bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) for cruises of 12 nights or more

Complimentary bag of laundry (wash/dry/fold)

So you will have 2 free bags per cabin regardless of the cruise length.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

1 hour ago, sdnich said:

My husband and I just became elite after our last cruise and are cruising in about four days on a B2B with an eight day cruise and a seven day cruise to  Caribbean .My question is that I could have sworn that we were given a complementary bag of laundry after becoming elite and when I just re-read on the website it said for a cruise of 15 days or more?? Did they change it or did I miss read it? I was packing as if I would have laundry done complementary on first and second cruise not that I could not afford it just was looking forward to having it complementary! 
Thanks for info

You both will receive one bag of wash, dry and fold bag of laundry each (30 items each) on each leg of your B2B cruises.

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Given that Celebrity doesn't do 15 day cruises, that stipulation doesn't make much sense.

YIKES!  I hope you're mistaken on the no 15 day cruises - we leave a week from today for a 15 Hawaii from LA on the Eclipse  😉

They used to do these regularly, but it has been a while and this is just a one of  -- we're looking forward to doing it on Celebrity again 

Unless they've changed it since this past July, Elite gets 30 items (20 on shorter cruises), and Elite+ gets two 30 items.  It doesn't matter whether you use 1, 2, or 3 bags, it's the number of pieces (a pair of socks = one piece). 

You have to turn it within 3 days prior to the end of the cruise.  Check with your stateroom attendant for the cutoff date.  🍷

3 hours ago, killsport said:

https://www.celeses.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits shows one bag for Elite, two for Elite+

83C51FF5-3668-46F9-9811-D6A1AA08FBDA.jpeg

Too funny when I tap on this link it still says when you scroll down just a discounted bag I see your above display ??

I was not looking at select!

Edited by sdnich

In addition to your free bag (of 30 items) per elite person you are entitled to an additional discounted bag on cruises of 12 days or longer. The discounted bag costs $20. This is the Select perk also available to Elite

Edited by Beanb41
  • Like 1

This has been helpful. A related question. We become elite on the first leg of our Back to Back in May and have been assured that we will have the elite perks added for our second leg. The question is; does anyone know how soon you can get your laundry done at the beginning of a cruise? Asked for obvious reasons.

5 minutes ago, jgsatgka said:

This has been helpful. A related question. We become elite on the first leg of our Back to Back in May and have been assured that we will have the elite perks added for our second leg. The question is; does anyone know how soon you can get your laundry done at the beginning of a cruise? Asked for obvious reasons.

Put your bag out the first morning of the cruise.

To OP

The list said  there's a discounted rate for Wash, Dry and Fold....cruises 12 days or more.   The regular comp  laundry  is  as circled above in red. It comes back neat but not folded, generally. 

They use  very hot water.  We never send anything we cannot afford to  shrink or  lose but never lost anything or had anything ruined!   We send 1 bag  of darks with  socks,  colorfast tees, and shorts that won't shrink . And a sep bag of whites..socks, undies, tees.  Delicates and swimsuits can be done in the sink and hung in various spots to drip off, if no clothes line.

To jgsatgka...if you put it out that soon, I believe  no discounts will apply.  Check with your attendant

Edited by hcat
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Unless they've changed it since this past July, Elite gets 30 items (20 on shorter cruises), and Elite+ gets two 30 items.  It doesn't matter whether you use 1, 2, or 3 bags, it's the number of pieces (a pair of socks = one piece). 

You have to turn it within 3 days prior to the end of the cruise.  Check with your stateroom attendant for the cutoff date.  🍷

Good Point WINE-O, all laundry benefits are NOT valid during the last 3 days of the cruise.   So you can't use them right before you go home.

Edited by PelicanLvr

1 hour ago, jgsatgka said:

You can actually give it to your steward anytime after the boat drill..

Also, the OP appears to be Elite on both ends of their BtB, the benefits will not carry over to the second week.   Each cruise is treated separately.    

Edited by dkjretired
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Beanb41 said:

In addition to your free bag (of 30 items) per elite person you are entitled to an additional discounted bag on cruises of 12 days or longer. The discounted bag costs $20. This is the Select perk also available to Elite

Agree.