Acropolis/ tour

Cruiseaholic07

We will be on the spirit on nov 24 from 7am to 6pm. We booked a taxi tour with Lorenzo Athens Taxi Tour, where he will pick us up at port and take us to the Acropolis and all the sites there,  Olympic stadium, temple of Zeus, ancient agora etc. Any way my question is should we pre purchase the Acropolis combo ticket , or wait until we arrive?  Also our tour was scheduled to start at 830, should we try and go sooner, since it opens at 8(acropolis). I’ve heard how busy it gets 

On 10/20/2019 at 7:51 PM, jcu1210 said:

Any way my question is should we pre purchase the Acropolis combo ticket , or wait until we arrive?  Also our tour was scheduled to start at 830, should we try and go sooner, since it opens at 8(acropolis). I’ve heard how busy it gets 

Yes.  Get your tickets ahead of time.  There is no reason not to.  There will be lines even in November. 

And start at 8 am so you can be up there ahead of the people standing in line to buy tickets.   

Another option if you can’t pre purchase is to visit another of the archaeological sites first (eg Roman Agora) and buy the multi-site ticket there as it tends to be less crowded. However if the Acropolis is the main highlight, you’re best to pre purchase and get there as early as you can to take it all in before the crowds descend. 

It was a few years since we there.  We had our private van awaiting for us at 7am, almost first off and on our way.   We were there in the peak time and hot summer. 

When we arrived it was before the place opened, there were a few people in line but to be honest the crowds were so short that any wait at that time was trivial.  It isn't like a place that "sells out" and people line up hours before things happen, its a come when you come and deal with line, crowds and heat if it is summer,  

We had our pick of tour guides ( recommended ) and we did a slow small group tour and some personal exploration, can say if you come after 10AM the crowds and heat can be crazy in the summer.   Early at opening you'll have a lot of space and sparse crowds IMHO