What to wear in the evening?

Maui rats forever

15 minutes ago, Jolee Marie said:

Ok now I see what you mean about the Brouhaha.  Someone made sure to point out the page on the website and was a bit sarcastic.  See you on board.

I printed out the page from the website, but didnt make any comments, so not sure how I was a bit sarcastic.  I printed because another poster said confusion on dress is NCL's fault because they don't have anything on their website about what to pack, which they clearly do.  I'll remember not to post anything on what to wear and just post the page from NCL.

Edited by NLH Arizona
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NLH Arizona said:

I printed out the page from the website, but didnt make any comments, so not sure how I was a bit sarcastic.  I printed because another poster said confusion on dress is NCL's fault because they don't have anything on their website about what to pack.

Sorry my fault I thought you were behind sarcastic because I did not read the web site.  Hope to see you on board and I will delete my other comment.

The person who said there was nothing on the page knows full well there is, and that poster was being sarcastic.  The person who shared the page didn't realize the first poster was being sarcastic, but in sharing it, was actually being helpful. Some people get offended when shown info from NCL website; however, that will always remain the #1 best source of info about anything and everything NCL.

Just made me think, on my recent cruise to Eastern Med, I have no idea what anyone else wore.  It just didn’t occur to me to notice, apart from one  Japanese lady in her early twenties who had worn a traditional Japanese outfit on the evening that you can have photos with the captain.  I thought that she looked lovely, I really love the Japanese traditions.  I just never noticed anyone else.  

I love NCL for the lack of emphasis on what people are wearing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

The person who said there was nothing on the page knows full well there is, and that poster was being sarcastic.  The person who shared the page didn't realize the first poster was being sarcastic, but in sharing it, was actually being helpful. Some people get offended when shown info from NCL website; however, that will always remain the #1 best source of info about anything and everything NCL.

Ok,  I'm confused.  I thought the person who responded to me was being sarcastic.  She was not being sarcastic and I have apologized to her.  All is well, at least I think it is.

5 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

Guess it just proves that no good deed goes unpunished.  Now I know why some will either respond with google it or search for it, instead of taking the time to try to help another cruiser.  Only took me all of 9 years to understand why some won't help.

Edited by NLH Arizona
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Just made me think, on my recent cruise to Eastern Med, I have no idea what anyone else wore.  It just didn’t occur to me to notice, apart from one  Japanese lady in her early twenties who had worn a traditional Japanese outfit on the evening that you can have photos with the captain.  I thought that she looked lovely, I really love the Japanese traditions.  I just never noticed anyone else.  

I love NCL for the lack of emphasis on what people are wearing. 

I have a funny story about a young Japanese lady on an excursion in Marrakech.  On our excursion ticket it said for ladies to keep their arms and knees covered, meaning to wear either pants or skirts below the knees.  This young lady came down with a micro mini skirt on, with knee socks that covered her knees.  Well, she did have her knees covered.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jolee Marie said:

Ok,  I'm confused.  I thought the person who responded to me was being sarcastic.  She was not being sarcastic and I have apologized to her.  All is well, at least I think it is.

Seashark was being sarcastic when saying too bad there isn't anything on NCL... Seashark is a poster who knows full well there is stuff there, and was basically criticizing you for not going there for your answer. 

3 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

I have a funny story about a young Japanese lady on an excursion in Marrakech.  On our excursion ticket it said for ladies to keep their arms and knees covered, meaning to wear either pants or skirts below the knees.  This young lady came down with a micro mini skirt on, with knee socks that covered her knees.  Well, she did have her knees covered.

Good one.

15 minutes ago, Jolee Marie said:

If you look at my post number 19, I wasn't responding to you, I was responding to another poster.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 9:02 PM, joeyancho said:

Here we go again.  No disrespect intended. I asked a similar question and it started quite a brouhaha. My advice is dress like you are going to dinner at a nice restaurant on land. Enjoy your cruise.  The Mexican cruises are a lot of fun.  

Ditto -