Silver Moon experience

shdo

Hi, I keep checking in between loads of laundry. We were on Silvermoon 2 which holds 18 people. There were 15 of us and another nice couple who we had heard of on cruise critic. The boat is beautiful and only 1 year old. I didn't see Silvermoon 1.

We took a short shuttle bus when we got off the ship to the terminal. Then you go through the terminal to the outside where they pick you up and take you in a bus to the dock. (I didn't know you have to walk to the other side and go outside to find them-not very far)

If you email them, they should get back to you within a day or so. The lady's name that I dealt with was Emma. She is very accomodating.:)

They charged my credit card right before we left for our cruise, even though I booked this in May. We paid the balance when we got to the Catamarran.

PS-It was $80/adult and $50 per child

I am still debating whether to do Silver Moon for my family of 4. I heard awesome things about Silver moon I but to save about $120 I might book Silver Moon II. Is Silvermoon I worth about $120 more or will we be happy with II?

Marcy, You won't be disappointed in Silvermoon II. Go on their web site and you can see pictures of it. It is only 1 year old and in pristine condition. I think the only difference is that II holds 18 people and 1 holds 11. More room to move around. We really enjoyed it last week.

Marcy, You won't be disappointed in Silvermoon II. Go on their web site and you can see pictures of it. It is only 1 year old and in pristine condition. I think the only difference is that II holds 18 people and 1 holds 11. More room to move around. We really enjoyed it last week.

Thanks for the feedback. Silver Moon I has a cabin, doesn't it? Does Silvermoon II?

My 14 year old son just informed me he won't go on a sailboat because he thinks he'll get sick. How rocky was it? I think he thinks this becasue he almost got sick on Nativeway,s boat in Grand Cayman swimming with the stingrays, but it was really rough and a hurricane was a day behind us.

Silver Moon II does not have a cabin that you would sit in. There is a rest room down the steps and they prepared food there. It is a day sail boat not the type you would over nite on. The SM I is sometimes used for overnites and has a bed.

It was not rocky when I sailed on SM II. There is plenty of room and more shade on II.

Hi We were on the Silver Moon about 2 weeks ago ( Me for the second time) It was fantastic as usual. I've been on both boats, The Silver Moon 2 is a little bigger, but equally as beautiful as the Silver Moon. I still haven't set foot on Barbados yet! If we do this cruise again (Celebrity Constellation) I will probably book it again! Both boats were the same price. Maybe it's more if you are going to book a private excursion ..

Hi, I keep checking in between loads of laundry. We were on Silvermoon 2 which holds 18 people. There were 15 of us and another nice couple who we had heard of on cruise critic. The boat is beautiful and only 1 year old. I didn't see Silvermoon 1.

We took a short shuttle bus when we got off the ship to the terminal. Then you go through the terminal to the outside where they pick you up and take you in a bus to the dock. (I didn't know you have to walk to the other side and go outside to find them-not very far)

If you email them, they should get back to you within a day or so. The lady's name that I dealt with was Emma. She is very accomodating.:)

They charged my credit card right before we left for our cruise, even though I booked this in May. We paid the balance when we got to the Catamarran.

PS-It was $80/adult and $50 per child

gourmetgal, this is where I got the proce for SilvermoonII from, unless luvdasea meant he paid that upfront and the rest when they got there????

I've been going back and forth about our port activities on our April Serenade cruise and finally emailed the oceanadventures site to book a charter on either Silver Moon or Silver Moon II. Now I fear I may have waited too long and there will be no availability for our 4/22 cruise. Anyone been in touch with them recently and happen to know if they're pretty much booked for April? I could kick myself...I'm usually much more decisive:o about these things.

Also, how quickly can I expect a response from them?

Thanks,

Kathy

I could not get the date I wanted as I just recently read about it. I did e-mail them and received a response in 1-2 days.

Good Luck! It sounds great, wish I had done my research earlier!

I could not get the date I wanted as I just recently read about it. I did e-mail them and received a response in 1-2 days.

Good Luck! It sounds great, wish I had done my research earlier!

May I ask how long before your cruise you made the inquiry?

Hi Marcys, Would you believe my keyboard was broken? Anyhow, we paid half the total cost by credit card for our deposit and you can pay the balance by credit card or with cash when you get on the boat. I hope you get on!:) Michele

FYI on when I booked with them......

We are going to be in Barbados on March 29th and I just emailed Emma a couple days ago to inquire. The SilverMoon II was not available but Silvermoon I was so I quickly reserved that!

I heard back from Emma the next day after inquiring.

Did SilverMoon arrange your transporation when you got off the ship or do we have to make them? What are the hours of the excursion? Thanks!:)

Kiki, we are scheduled to use them in a few weeks. Here is the info that Emma sent me, "We ask that you meet our representative at Gare 2 in the Cruise Terminal for 10:30a.m. Allow 15 minutes to get from your ship to the Cruise Treminal." So, I guess we walk!

It is a 5 hour excursion.

Hope this helps.

Kiki, we are scheduled to use them in a few weeks. Here is the info that Emma sent me, "We ask that you meet our representative at Gare 2 in the Cruise Terminal for 10:30a.m. Allow 15 minutes to get from your ship to the Cruise Treminal." So, I guess we walk!

It is a 5 hour excursion.

Hope this helps.

Hi Michelle,

You are actually picked up by a bus...no walking. It is only about a five minute drive from the port. You just need to walk out in front of all the shops. I loved this excursion it was so worth the money that we spent on this! I would do this all over again!

Kiki, I'm glad you got in. Just walk through the shops to the front of the cruise terminal and they will pick you up in the bus and take you to the boat. I think they had ocean adventures written on their shirts.Have fun!:)

Thanks for the feedback. Silver Moon I has a cabin, doesn't it? Does Silvermoon II?

My 14 year old son just informed me he won't go on a sailboat because he thinks he'll get sick. How rocky was it? I think he thinks this becasue he almost got sick on Nativeway,s boat in Grand Cayman swimming with the stingrays, but it was really rough and a hurricane was a day behind us.

Marcy s, I get seasick all the time. (It's alittle embarassing-I vomit on fishing boats and the Block island ferry), but I didn't get sick on Silvermoon.:D It's worse if you are inside. It wasn't that rough. A few waves riding out to the turtles, but it was fun. Where we stayed to eat lunch, there were no waves. I didn't even take anything like dramamine.

• 3 weeks later...
jonahwicky - what day were you on the silver moon / from what ship? we were on feb. 9 from the serenade. it was the best excursion and the weather was beautiful.

Wendy,

I just found your post. We were the group of 4 that was with you guys. Was it you that rode the tube? I have some great pictures from that day. We're going to book Silver Moon again for next year's cruise.

Did I understand right that this is a 5 hour excursion on both Silver Moon and Silver Moon II?

It sounds like a great trip.....

Yes, that is in the description that the tour operator e-mailed me. They are each 5 hours. The difference in the price has to do with the number of people onboard.

We go in 2 weeks and can hardly wait!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Marcy s, I get seasick all the time. (It's alittle embarassing-I vomit on fishing boats and the Block island ferry), but I didn't get sick on Silvermoon.:D It's worse if you are inside. It wasn't that rough. A few waves riding out to the turtles, but it was fun. Where we stayed to eat lunch, there were no waves. I didn't even take anything like dramamine.

My mother is also prone to sea sickness and had no problems whatsoever.

Archived