Interesting email this morning from HAL

ASIWISH

3 hours ago, catl331 said:

When the K-dam first arrived in the US (Nov 2016) we got a similar notice, but they said we could give them a cell phone number to send a text when boarding actually began.  We dropped off our bags around 10:30 and went "downtown".  While we were eating lunch around 12:00 we got the text. Got back to port around 12:30, went through the priority check-in line, and went right on board.

Check to see if they're still offering such a text-message service for your cruise.

Thanks for this reminder.  A few years back they offered to text us about a delay in boarding.  We received the text after we had boarded. :-)  Just as a precaution I updated my boarding doc details with my cell number and agreed to receive texts about this cruise.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I received the same notice yesterday.  It does make it a bit challenging when the hotels kick you out by 11.

See if your hotel will give you a late check-out.  If that doesn’t work out then ask about leaving your suitcases with them and do some last-minute shopping or relax by the pool until you are ready to go.  They are usually quite willing to accommodate requests like this.

• Like 1