Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

I have searching for a bit on here and can't find number to fax to request OBC for owning stocks. Can anyone help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI You only receive OBC on any overage. Example. Lets say you are doing a 7 day cruise and you have OBC already of $50.00 you will only receive $50.00 more from the stock credit. If you already have $100.00 OBC you get nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twodaywonder said:

FYI You only receive OBC on any overage. Example. Lets say you are doing a 7 day cruise and you have OBC already of $50.00 you will only receive $50.00 more from the stock credit. If you already have $100.00 OBC you get nothing.

 

I don't think that is the case anymore for cruises booked on/after June 1, 2019.

Edited by Another_Critic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

 

I don't think that is the case anymore for cruises booked on/after June 1, 2019.

That is true.  That's why we canceled and rebooked to get our $200.00 OBC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, biomedbob said:

That is true.  That's why we canceled and rebooked to get our $200.00 OBC!

 

I think you mean $250!  There is no longer $200 OBC interval.  It's now $50, $100, or $250.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

 

I don't think that is the case anymore for cruises booked on/after June 1, 2019.

 

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

 

I don't think that is the case anymore for cruises booked on/after June 1, 2019.

Please explain. That is what happend while we owned the stock. Has it changed. if so. What are they doing now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

 

Please explain. That is what happend while we owned the stock. Has it changed. if so. What are they doing now?

Read the link in post #2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

 

I think you mean $250!  There is no longer $200 OBC interval.  It's now $50, $100, or $250.

Wrongo, we just got $200 obc for our 12 night cruise scheduled in January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bananawindnj said:

Wrongo, we just got $200 obc for our 12 night cruise scheduled in January.

 

They must have changed the tiers again and did not update the shareholder website (surprising, with their fabulous IT track record 😉 )

 

BTW, I only got $100 for my 10 night cruise early last month (submitted request July 24).

 

https://www.rclinvestor.com/faqs/shareholder-benefit/

 

2. What is the benefit?
SHOW LESS
  • $250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights
  • $100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 13 nights.
  • $50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.
Edited by Another_Critic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does it mean " Benefit is not combinable with travel agent rates"?   Is this any travel agent or just the ones with Block pricing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fred30 said:

What does it mean " Benefit is not combinable with travel agent rates"?   Is this any travel agent or just the ones with Block pricing?

 

They most likely mean interline rates, which are rates travel agents can use when they themselves are traveling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They do mention interline rates separately.  As long as it doesn't mean you can't use a travel agent.

 

Thanks!

Edited by fred30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fred30 said:

They do mention interline rates separately.  As long as it doesn't mean you can't use a travel agent.

 

Thanks!

 

We've been able to get the shareholder benefit OBC with several cruises booked via travel agent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 12:25 PM, twodaywonder said:

FYI You only receive OBC on any overage. Example. Lets say you are doing a 7 day cruise and you have OBC already of $50.00 you will only receive $50.00 more from the stock credit. If you already have $100.00 OBC you get nothing.

 

 

No, booked 4 cruises last month and got the full stock holder, MyVegas, and  Royal OBC.  Since it changed in June the agents are not fully aware of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bilyclub said:

 

 

No, booked 4 cruises last month and got the full stock holder, MyVegas, and  Royal OBC.  Since it changed in June the agents are not fully aware of this.

How did the MyVegas OBC work? Did you have to book with their agent or could you add it after booking with your own TA? I have not had much luck with MyVegas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blondie from arizona said:

How did the MyVegas OBC work? Did you have to book with their agent or could you add it after booking with your own TA? I have not had much luck with MyVegas.

 

I booked direct with Royal,  then redeemed the points and sent the email.  One $100 OBC in my name for one cruise,  and one $100 OBC in the wife's name for a different cruise.   I was using online agencies and never was able to get anything, so that's why I tried booking direct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bilyclub said:

 

I booked direct with Royal,  then redeemed the points and sent the email.  One $100 OBC in my name for one cruise,  and one $100 OBC in the wife's name for a different cruise.   I was using online agencies and never was able to get anything, so that's why I tried booking direct.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bananawindnj said:

Wrongo, we just got $200 obc for our 12 night cruise scheduled in January.

 

 

Maybe you applied for it before they changed the amounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just some data points:

 

I just received an email on three cruises I have coming up which I requested the benefit on.  They were all booked on Celebrity through the casino program.  The one which was listed with a Group # was not eligible for the benefit and the other two which were not listed with a group # were eligible.  The group # one is one of those which come with specific sailings listed with specific stateroom categories (via email/post).  The ones without a group # are those which were my selection with the casino discounts applied.  The specific text on the one which was declined said "...it is not combinable with the price code listed on your reservation.".

 

In June I requested the benefit on four Royal sailing and there was a mix of with a group # and without but they all went through just fine.

 

Just tried the new online submission system and was very surprised that everything seemed to work just fine.  I'll see if that works as well as emailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...