MDR lunch?

AndyMichelle

33 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Maybe 45 minutes or so without too much difficulty or rudeness if you’re rushed for time. Or a lot less than that if you choose less and apologise nicely!

Ironically, despite the restaurant being fairly empty, we found the service at lunchtime quite slow, the waiters seemed too preoccupied with preparing for the evening. 

Didn't matter to us as we weren't going anywhere but others complained. 

Andy 

Edited by AndyMichelle
Spelling

15 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Maybe 45 minutes or so without too much difficulty or rudeness if you’re rushed for time. Or a lot less than that if you choose less and apologise nicely!

It will have to be a table for 2 then. 

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t find an example of a lunch menu at all. Only dinner and gala. Would be nice to have a look see. 

Have never done a mdr for lunch. It’s usually that we can’t be bothered for the sit down meal or we had a big breakfast. 

we did have the chicken and burgers and hot dogs by the pool one day. Did not enjoy them and that’s more our type of food really but they weren’t done very nice. The fries were just ok also. 

Got back from Azura's repositioning a few days ago.  We used the MDR for lunch probably about 60% of the time Time's we didn't: Didn't fancy the menu so did Tiffin at Sindhu (fantastic); shore day, did afternoon tea in the MDR instead; shore day, burgers on balcony instead; didn't fancy the menu so went to the buffet.

Most days I thought the MDR was well supported at lunch time.  Most of the times we wen went there was 

Don't know what happened there.

Most days, there was a queue before the doors opened.  We thought the choices were good, only 2 dyas out of 14 did we choose not to lunch in the MDR.  Did have a look at the Glass House, but OH doesn't eat fish and isn't keen on red meat, so combined with the cost, we didn't think that was good value for us.  Our opinion of course.

6 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Don't know what happened there.

Most days, there was a queue before the doors opened.  We thought the choices were good, only 2 dyas out of 14 did we choose not to lunch in the MDR.  Did have a look at the Glass House, but OH doesn't eat fish and isn't keen on red meat, so combined with the cost, we didn't think that was good value for us.  Our opinion of course.

It has only been on our last couple of recent cruises on Aurora that the menu has been very limited, hence attendance quite poor. 

It almost felt like they didn't want you there as the waiters couldn't wait to get you out to get ready for the evening. 

Good to hear this isn't fleet wide. 

Andy 

15 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

It has only been on our last couple of recent cruises on Aurora that the menu has been very limited, hence attendance quite poor. 

It almost felt like they didn't want you there as the waiters couldn't wait to get you out to get ready for the evening. 

Andy 

Sorry Andy it's the same on Oceana. The few times we went we didn't stay after we had read the menu.

16 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Its funny how we all like different things, we found the new style lunch menu in the MDR on Aurora was really good! My only complaint was that my baguette was soft and I really wanted it to be nice and crispy.  I sort of agree that the service was quite speedy but I took this to be efficient rather than rushed,  In fact, I'm not sure whether a waiter 'tutted' one day when I asked for a second coffee but hey, I'm on holiday and found it amusing,

I've never really found the MDR to be busy at lunchtime (and we did 83 days on her a couple of years ago) so didn't really think attendance had dropped on our recent cruise.

Andy and Michelle, you sound like a great couple with just the right attitude to enjoy your holiday your way, please can we join your table?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Waju said:

Its funny how we all like different things, we found the new style lunch menu in the MDR on Aurora was really good! My only complaint was that my baguette was soft and I really wanted it to be nice and crispy.  I sort of agree that the service was quite speedy but I took this to be efficient rather than rushed,  In fact, I'm not sure whether a waiter 'tutted' one day when I asked for a second coffee but hey, I'm on holiday and found it amusing,

I've never really found the MDR to be busy at lunchtime (and we did 83 days on her a couple of years ago) so didn't really think attendance had dropped on our recent cruise.

Andy and Michelle, you sound like a great couple with just the right attitude to enjoy your holiday your way, please can we join your table?

You are very welcome on our table, it's even better now that Brian1 is paying the bar bill.... 😊

I like efficient service, but certainly felt like a bit of an inconvenience these last 2 times. 

We witnessed a waiter roll his eyes and tut when a couple were shown to his section quite late when he had already set the table for the evening. 

As for the menu, I don't think we are fussy eaters, but often struggled to find something we both fancied on the day.

Some days were fine and we like it quiet, so not a problem. 

Andy 

14 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

You are very welcome on our table, it's even better now that Brian1 is paying the bar bill.... 😊

I like efficient service, but certainly felt like a bit of an inconvenience these last 2 times. 

We witnessed a waiter roll his eyes and tut when a couple were shown to his section quite late when he had already set the table for the evening. 

As for the menu, I don't think we are fussy eaters, but often struggled to find something we both fancied on the day.

Some days were fine and we like it quiet, so not a problem. 

Andy 

No worries I.m ordering those virtual bottles of champers and writing that virtual cheque as we speak.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

You could pay with your virtual drinks package Brian, but nothing I would be ordering would be included.. 

Andy 

People are getting worried about the bio condiments now.Glad that champers is sale or return.

• Like 1