Shareholder Benefit Question

San10s

2 hours ago, CookieShip said:

I got a fairly quick response, sent on 10/26 and they added the benefit on 10/30.

However, it's only half the benefit.

I'm solo in the cabin, but I paid 50% "solo supplement". I put in quotes as they were offering 50% off for 2nd guest (yes I've never seen that before, just 3rd and 4th), so in my eyes I've paid a full cabin fare. We'll see what they say.

this was gonna be my next question, at what % of single supplement will you get full benefit?

if I pay 25%, 50% or 75% single supplement will I get full benefit or half?

17 minutes ago, SpainAlien said:

Silly question but what happens if you have requested and had the OBC applied to your cruise but then sell the shares before you cruise do they cancel the OBC?

No. But it would be fraud. 

Edited by BirdTravels

43 minutes ago, SpainAlien said:

Silly question but what happens if you have requested and had the OBC applied to your cruise but then sell the shares before you cruise do they cancel the OBC?

This is what it says on the site:

2. Who is eligible for this benefit?This exclusive benefit is reserved solely for shareholders owning a minimum of 100 shares of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NCLH) at the time of sailing

I'm not sure how they would enforce that though or find out if you sold them.

The fine print on the shareholder benefit form says “may not be used towards onboard service charges.” Aren’t you normally able to use onboard credits (e.g. from a travel agent) toward service charges? Is there some way they distinguish the shareholder benefit credits from other onboard credits?

On 11/1/2019 at 5:37 PM, bones774 said:

this was gonna be my next question, at what % of single supplement will you get full benefit?

if I pay 25%, 50% or 75% single supplement will I get full benefit or half?

Not sure, but I did not get a satisfactory resolution to inquire. They claimed my 50% supplement was a singles special and there was no offer for 50% off 2nd guest. 

Nothing I can do now to prove it existed. 

I certainly know to keep proof next time I book.

On 11/2/2019 at 9:58 AM, benp18 said:

The fine print on the shareholder benefit form says “may not be used towards onboard service charges.” Aren’t you normally able to use onboard credits (e.g. from a travel agent) toward service charges? Is there some way they distinguish the shareholder benefit credits from other onboard credits?

NCL has two types of OBC, refundable and non-refundable. Refundable credit is often given by travel agents. Every time I have gotten OBC from NCL, either from the shareholder credit or if they include it in a promo, it is non-refundable. It can be used to buy anything on the ship that is sold as far as I know, but cannot be used for the DSC. Any balance left at the end is forfeited and not returned to you.

On 11/8/2019 at 10:04 PM, AlexandNessa said:

I submitted my Shareholder benefit request 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard (and it's not applied to my account either). Submit early. 

Earlier this year I booked a cruise that was just 14 days away.  I immediately filed for the Shareholder Benefit and when it had not appeared on my account in 10 days, I called NCL Corporate and they immediately verified my submission and applied the OBC to my account.  Yes, it could not be used for DSC, but did cover other on-board purchases.