SKY P. - stop reading all the threads, pics, videos

voljeep

16 minutes ago, voljeep said:

and just experience it all for ourselves when we board in December ?

thinking about doing this ... seems like it is overload at this point ... while I certainly appreciate all the info ...

So just don’t read it. Why must you try to ruin it for those who want to learn all they can? Just because you’re afraid to learn doesn’t mean everyone else is.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, richsea said:

So just don’t read it. Why must you try to ruin it for those who want to learn all they can? Just because you’re afraid to learn doesn’t mean everyone else is.

dude - where did that come from ?????

? - it was a question ... not a statement ... :classic_huh:

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, voljeep said:

thinking about doing this ... seems like it is overload at this point ... while I certainly appreciate all the info ...

My standard answer to posts like this - NO.  Keep the info coming.

• Like 1

Personally, I am thoroughly enjoying the information and photos we are receiving from those on board.   I appreciate the fact that they are doing it, and will continue to read as much about the ship as we can.  For me, its part of the excitement/anticipation.

I think it's more of the excitement of being able to get that little glimps of something new. I personally always believe once you do get on board a new ship after viewing threads, or videos, and pictures, you still get that awe-inspiring feeling once onboard. Viewing through your screens versus reality are two different things. The match of excitement is always there for me both ways 🙂

• Like 2

I'm genuinely and naturally just a very grateful cruiser. I can go on the same ship same itinerary week after week and I'm still always excited with the biggest smile on my face knowing I'm on a cruise. I guess you can call cruise happy. 😊

• Like 3

The OP’s comment after the title indicated that he was asking other posters how they felt about the practice of looking at photos, videos, and information prior to cruising on a new ship.  I’m the type of person who likes to be informed before going on a cruise or land vacation.  For me, it helps me to start enjoying the experience before I actually leave, thus extending the pleasure derived from the adventure.  Someday maybe I’ll forego looking at information and be surprised.  Who knows?  Maybe I’ll like it!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, High C's said:

Personally, I am thoroughly enjoying the information and photos we are receiving from those on board.   I appreciate the fact that they are doing it, and will continue to read as much about the ship as we can.  For me, its part of the excitement/anticipation.

I totally agree!! I have been eagerly awaiting this first cruise hoping that there would be pictures and info shared. I love seeing the pictures, videos and reading all that I can. I too truly appreciate the time and effort that others go through to share all of this with us. We will be on the Sky February 29th,  and I agree,  for me it only helps the excitement build!!!

Twenty-some years ago, when we took our first cruise, we knew nothing about the Dawn Princess.  We were overwhelmed since it was our first cruise, but I felt we missed many things simply because we weren’t aware of them.  Now I read all I can, just to prepare.  Don’t want to miss out on anything!  😊

Edited by CATGUY7
Spacing

10 hours ago, mevs904 said:

The OP’s comment after the title indicated that he was asking other posters how they felt about the practice of looking at photos, videos, and information prior to cruising on a new ship.  I’m the type of person who likes to be informed before going on a cruise or land vacation.  For me, it helps me to start enjoying the experience before I actually leave, thus extending the pleasure derived from the adventure.  Someday maybe I’ll forego looking at information and be surprised.  Who knows?  Maybe I’ll like it!

EXACTLY .... seems like a lot of posters read the title only ... then posted their reply

15 hours ago, voljeep said:

If you could do this, you are MUCH stronger than me! 🙂  Simply knowing all the info is there draws me to my computer like a moth to the flame! LOL