Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
stipmom

can I do a search of this forum?

Recommended Posts

@stipmom and @39august Howdy! emo22.gif

 

I have moved your thread to the correct forum for technical assistance.

 

Hopefully, the following thread will be helpful for you both:

Happy sails,

 

Host Kat emo32.gif

 

 

Edited by Host Kat
Fat fingers & skinny keys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 39august said:

I can't see the search button either. 

 

On a mobile it is the magnifying glass icon on the blue toolbar above the posts. On a pc or wide display mobile the search is an oval containing the word Search upper right of the page under the user name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On my Android the magnifying glass searches the whole site.  Isn't it possible to search within a forum using a tablet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KruisingKaren said:

On my Android the magnifying glass searches the whole site.  Isn't it possible to search within a forum using a tablet?

 

Hopefully post #4  and on down in this thread will be helpful:

Host Kat emo32.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, KruisingKaren said:

On my Android the magnifying glass searches the whole site.  Isn't it possible to search within a forum using a tablet?

 

There are two magnifying glass icons. The one on the CC banner searches the entire site. The one I suggested using is on the blue toolbar. It only searches the boards or some portion thereof.

 

The white CC banner is always displayed. One may have to scroll to the top of the page to bring the blue toolbar into view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, KruisingKaren said:

On my Android the magnifying glass searches the whole site.  Isn't it possible to search within a forum using a tablet?

 

I can’t speak to your Android, but using my iPad, the search oval you are looking for appears when I turn the tablet in the horizontal position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

 

I can’t speak to your Android, but using my iPad, the search oval you are looking for appears when I turn the tablet in the horizontal position. 

Its visible in portrait on my android

 

Screenshot_20191027-081205_Chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

 

I can’t speak to your Android, but using my iPad, the search oval you are looking for appears when I turn the tablet in the horizontal position. 

 

21 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

Its visible in portrait on my android

 

Screenshot_20191027-081205_Chrome.jpg

 

Thanks but I wasn't talking about the blue tool bar (which also appears on my iPad in portrait mode), but about the search oval that is next to your screen name.  I find it easiest to search from there.   In any event, since folks mention that search oval so frequently, I wanted the poster to know how to find it on a tablet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

 

 

Thanks but I wasn't talking about the blue tool bar (which also appears on my iPad in portrait mode), but about the search oval that is next to your screen name.  I find it easiest to search from there.   In any event, since folks mention that search oval so frequently, I wanted the poster to know how to find it on a tablet.

Never noticed that, its not there on android phone landscape but the search in the blue bar brings up the same function as the large oval.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlanF65 said:

Never noticed that, its not there on android phone landscape but the search in the blue bar brings up the same function as the large oval.

Does it? I know my options from my iPhone are different than from the desktop; I thought that landscape mode was similar to desktop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Does it? I know my options from my iPhone are different than from the desktop; I thought that landscape mode was similar to desktop.

 

It is on my tablet but not my phone, both Android. I think it depends on the viewport size, which is mostly determined by display resolution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...