can I do a search of this forum?

@stipmom and @39august Howdy! emo22.gif

I have moved your thread to the correct forum for technical assistance.

Hopefully, the following thread will be helpful for you both:

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Fat fingers & skinny keys!

5 hours ago, 39august said:

I can't see the search button either. 

On a mobile it is the magnifying glass icon on the blue toolbar above the posts. On a pc or wide display mobile the search is an oval containing the word Search upper right of the page under the user name.

3 hours ago, KruisingKaren said:

On my Android the magnifying glass searches the whole site.  Isn't it possible to search within a forum using a tablet?

Hopefully post #4  and on down in this thread will be helpful:

Host Kat emo32.gif

14 hours ago, KruisingKaren said:

On my Android the magnifying glass searches the whole site.  Isn't it possible to search within a forum using a tablet?

There are two magnifying glass icons. The one on the CC banner searches the entire site. The one I suggested using is on the blue toolbar. It only searches the boards or some portion thereof.

The white CC banner is always displayed. One may have to scroll to the top of the page to bring the blue toolbar into view.

19 hours ago, KruisingKaren said:

I can’t speak to your Android, but using my iPad, the search oval you are looking for appears when I turn the tablet in the horizontal position. 

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

I can’t speak to your Android, but using my iPad, the search oval you are looking for appears when I turn the tablet in the horizontal position. 

Its visible in portrait on my android

Screenshot_20191027-081205_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

21 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

Its visible in portrait on my android

Screenshot_20191027-081205_Chrome.jpg

Thanks but I wasn't talking about the blue tool bar (which also appears on my iPad in portrait mode), but about the search oval that is next to your screen name.  I find it easiest to search from there.   In any event, since folks mention that search oval so frequently, I wanted the poster to know how to find it on a tablet.

5 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Thanks but I wasn't talking about the blue tool bar (which also appears on my iPad in portrait mode), but about the search oval that is next to your screen name.  I find it easiest to search from there.   In any event, since folks mention that search oval so frequently, I wanted the poster to know how to find it on a tablet.

Never noticed that, its not there on android phone landscape but the search in the blue bar brings up the same function as the large oval.

1 hour ago, AlanF65 said:

Never noticed that, its not there on android phone landscape but the search in the blue bar brings up the same function as the large oval.

Does it? I know my options from my iPhone are different than from the desktop; I thought that landscape mode was similar to desktop.

20 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Does it? I know my options from my iPhone are different than from the desktop; I thought that landscape mode was similar to desktop.

It is on my tablet but not my phone, both Android. I think it depends on the viewport size, which is mostly determined by display resolution.