Eurodam Live Blog, October 15 to 26, Vancouver to San Diego

BikeTreker

My wife, two friends and I are on the Eurodam.  We traveled from Vancouver to Santa Barbara and San Diego.  Today we are in Cabo San Lucas.  We sail this evening for Mazatlan and then to Puerto Vallarta before two days at sea as we return to San Diego.  I am blogging as we go.  I have already posted a couple of days and will be writing about Cabo shortly.  My blog has numerous photos of our ports of call as well as modest dialogue.  Join us at www.travelswithcappy.com and let me know what you think.

21 minutes ago, BikeTreker said:

A very nice person wrote and told me that the link to the blog was not working.  I am redoing it in this post.  Hopefully this one will work: https://travelswithcappy.com.  Everything is working.  Thanks again to the kind individual who let me know of the problem.

21 minutes ago, BikeTreker said:

A very nice person wrote and told me that the link to the blog was not working.  I am redoing it in this post.  Hopefully this one will work: https://travelswithcappy.com.  Everything is working.  Thanks again to the kind individual who let me know of the problem.

Thanks for your blog Great photos brought back great memories

Jim.

Edited by irishjim

Following along...your blog is great.  Love your photos and glad you enjoyed your stay in our home city of Vancouver.   We would have been on this cruise but are visiting with our first grand baby in Quebec.

We will be doing the Mexico cruise on the Oosterdam in late November out of San Diego and always stay there for several days.  One of my favourite cities.   

I just posted my final photos from the Eurodam.  Please let me know what you think.  You can find it at https://travelswithcappy.com.  I have also heard that there may be some problem connecting with this link.  If you have a problem then try this link.  www.travelswithcappy.com.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks.  Only thing to follow is the epilogue.   Look for it tomorrow.

On 10/24/2019 at 7:07 AM, DeeniEncinitas said:

Enjoying your blog. Since we live here in San Diego we are blessed with sailing on HAL to the Mexican Riviera or Sea of Cortez. Great photos so enjoy

Denise😊

There was buzz a couple of years ago about HAL working on a port in Rocky Point (aka Puerto Penasco) to expand HAL's ability to do Mexican cruises in the Sea of Cortez.  It seemed to die away.  Any news?

BikeTreker - nice blog and good photos!  

3 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

There was buzz a couple of years ago about HAL working on a port in Rocky Point (aka Puerto Penasco) to expand HAL's ability to do Mexican cruises in the Sea of Cortez.  It seemed to die away.  Any news?

BikeTreker - nice blog and good photos!  

Slidergirl,

you know we Loved Sea of Cortez and would do it every year until I believe it was 2010 or 2011 things were happening down in Mazatlan with high crime and drug problems and they stopped doing any cruises to Sea of Cortez!  This is the first year they are back on track and doing Mazatlan again! I asked our PCC in regards to Rocky Point and it was just that talk. She said time and money was an issue. I remember when that were building a new pier in Loretto for all the cruise ships and nice hotels when we were there and then HAL pulled out from cruising.

Sorry for the long answer🙄

Have a good day

Denise😊

2 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Slidergirl,

you know we Loved Sea of Cortez and would do it every year until I believe it was 2010 or 2011 things were happening down in Mazatlan with high crime and drug problems and they stopped doing any cruises to Sea of Cortez!  This is the first year they are back on track and doing Mazatlan again! I asked our PCC in regards to Rocky Point and it was just that talk. She said time and money was an issue. I remember when that were building a new pier in Loretto for all the cruise ships and nice hotels when we were there and then HAL pulled out from cruising.

Sorry for the long answer🙄

Have a good day

Denise😊

that's OK.   I thought I had seen somewhere that a British firm with small ships is going to do Rocky Point.  So, I thought maybe HAL was going to join in.  They could cruise up/down the Sea - hitting those on the "mainland" without having to start in San Diego.  

• Like 1