Sunday: On phone hold for 1 hour and 45 minutes

cr8tiv1

I decided to call Princess to book a back to back cruise to assure that I remained in the same cabin.  Of course...I decided to do this on a Sunday.  Of course, my TA was closed for the weekend.  Luckily, I could text her, she returned my text, and she got me booked ... on a Sunday ... while I was still on hold with Princess.  She and I did everything via text...while I hopefully stayed on line with Princess.  

One hour and 45 minutes on hold is ridiculous.  I am wondering how many perspective passengers gave up and decided to not book directly with Princess.  These are all rhetorical questions but welcome your comments.  If I had just one voyage to book, I would have done it online.  But mine became complicated when I decided that I preferred to stay in the same cabin with FCDs.  I never reached Princess.  It was in the middle of the day.  

This is why I love my  TA.  Her customer service is outstanding.  

28 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

My advise...don’t call on the weekends. 
However it is getting to the point that it’s not much better during the week either.

Thanks for the recommendation.  You would think being retired allowed me all the time in the world during the week.  But...most everything I do defaults to the weekend.  Go figure.  I rarely ever call Princess for bookings.  I was trying to coordinate with a friend ... for the coveted Window Suites.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, brisalta said:

Not sure why you did not make the booking via the web page?

I tried to do the booking on the web.  Made a mistake...should have booked it for one this far out.  Tried to re-do.  Cabin was locked in to "mistake" booking.  So after that mistake, it snowballed.  I could not then get the cabins of my choices because the system saw that it was already reserved.  It then would take another 20 minutes for Princess to release the cabin because of lack of activity.  

Then I wanted to assure that I would get the same cabin twice.  You would have to exit and make second booking.  It would not have been guaranteed.  I could just imagine that if I started a second booking, i would not be able to get a b2b in the same cabin.  When I was initially researching these voyages, All Window Suites were available.  Within the 2 hours, many had been reserved.  Hence, my need to have Princess by phone book both segments as a back to back.  Did NOT want to do it as a 14 day cruise.  

As I mentioned, it was complicated.  I knew where my technical mistake was.  I didn't have the patience to go back and forth.  I thought it would be simpler to just have Princess agent do it and hold it for my TA.  WRONG....I love my TA...she works wonders and was able to do what I failed to do (although I did not get my first choice cabin).

I would have IF I could have.  

PS....I was also communicating via email with the couple that wanted me to join them.  Phone was tied up with Princess, iPad texting with my TA, Computer emailing my friend.  Generally, I am rather competent with technology.  Not this time.

Edited by cr8tiv1

Princess is not well staffed on weekends. Plus, it is the less experienced staff who work on weekends.

So you understand your agent being closed on weekends but don't understand that Princess phone employees are not well staffed at this time (who wants to work on weekends)?

My TA answers the phone on weekends.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 7:00 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

I decided to call Princess to book a back to back cruise to assure that I remained in the same cabin.  Of course...I decided to do this on a Sunday.  Of course, my TA was closed for the weekend.  Luckily, I could text her, she returned my text, and she got me booked ... on a Sunday ... while I was still on hold with Princess.  She and I did everything via text...while I hopefully stayed on line with Princess.  

One hour and 45 minutes on hold is ridiculous.  I am wondering how many perspective passengers gave up and decided to not book directly with Princess.  These are all rhetorical questions but welcome your comments.  If I had just one voyage to book, I would have done it online.  But mine became complicated when I decided that I preferred to stay in the same cabin with FCDs.  I never reached Princess.  It was in the middle of the day.  

This is why I love my  TA.  Her customer service is outstanding.  

If I am put on hold with Princess for more then 10 minutes I always hang up and call right back.  Most of the time the call goes through in 2 or 3 minutes....also....instead of indicating when prompted I am "dealing with an existing booking" I indicate I am "interested in a new booking" and that is even a faster connect....however....most times when I call it is a very fast connection....I think it is more with how their phone system works then staffing or maybe you got stuck in a circular call loop with no way out....

Edited by PrincessLuver

If you already use a TA why would you call? Seems like a waste of your time. If I ever have to deal with customer service reps on the weekend or late at night (after 7pm), I always thank them for working weekends. 

Few things that may help others with customer service calls in general:

Best not to call a "hotline" on a Monday between 8-10am

Best to call 7:00am to noon any other day

Wednesdays and Thursdays have lowest hold times

Best not to call Mon-Fri between 11:30am and 1pm (lunch CSRs are eating and others are using it to make the calls)

Best not to call Mon-Fri at 5:00 (people off work and on to their "errands")

If it's a payment situation, best not to call on a Friday after 12pm (Fridays are payday for a lot of folks)

Edited by JennyB1977

15 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

If you already use a TA why would you call? Seems like a waste of your time. If I ever have to deal with customer service reps on the weekend or late at night (after 7pm), I always thank them for working weekends. 

Few things that may help others with customer service calls in general:

Best not to call a "hotline" on a Monday between 8-10am

Best to call 7:00am to noon any other day

Wednesdays and Thursdays have lowest hold times

Best not to call Mon-Fri between 11:30am and 1pm (lunch CSRs are eating and others are using it to make the calls)

Best not to call Mon-Fri at 5:00 (people off work and on to their "errands")

If it's a payment situation, best not to call on a Friday after 12pm (Fridays are payday for a lot of folks)

Thank you for your suggestions.  Unfortunately, this planning took place on a Sunday with a couple from another state AND my TA not working (plus she was away).  I had no "real" choice if I wanted to book one of these chosen Window Suites.  Time was of the essence.  Again, I will give glorious praise to my TA.  She answered my text AND got me booked on a Sunday.  Not many TA's would use their personal time to help out a client.  I had no idea she was on a trip (out of state).  

I would have thanked them for working on a Sunday....IF...I could have gotten hold of one of them.  Did not think to call back.  I always feel I would lose my place in line.  And yes, this was for a new booking (which I would have thought they were anxious to answer my call).

16 hours ago, dickinson said:

Oh no!  TA to the rescue 😉 I understand your frustration.  So if F311 was already taken, did you take a WS that has the bed facing the same direction or the opposite direction?

That was the major issue.  F311 was available for one leg of the B2B.  I had to settle for F309....I'm going to get lost in the suite (lol).  

Update to my story.  I did go back online yesterday. When I had started this new attempt...F311 was open for both legs.  So I put that one on hold.  Then went to try the other.  Sold out.  So I have F311 on hold.....and crossing my fingers that the other will become available by Friday.  Are you joining me?  Regardless, I am happy with my confirmed voyages and will rough it out.

On 10/21/2019 at 7:39 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Thanks for the recommendation.  You would think being retired allowed me all the time in the world during the week.  But...most everything I do defaults to the weekend.  Go figure.  I rarely ever call Princess for bookings.  I was trying to coordinate with a friend ... for the coveted Window Suites.  

It all worked out in the end. :classic_laugh:

I'm not surprised about the wait. It doesn't matter who you call or when you call these days. I have been on long holds with doctors office, online department store, basically any service business. It takes time to get through all of the automated prompts before you are even put on hold. I'm not the least bit surprised that you were on hold that long on a Sunday. They probably only had one person working. I was on long hold times with my Big Box TA for long periods midweek when I used them. Thankfully I only had to call them twice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pms4104 said:

What is the big issue being in F309 rather than F311?

Meanwhile, you have a confirmed booking ... and have made another cabin unavailable to everyone else for one leg.

The room set up is reversed.  Not a big issue but the poster always tries to get F311 so she is used to that room and set up.

7 hours ago, pms4104 said:

What is the big issue being in F309 rather than F311?

Meanwhile, you have a confirmed booking ... and have made another cabin unavailable to everyone else for one leg.

You seemed to have missed the entire problem I was experiencing.  I HAD TO place one cabin on hold while I searched out the second voyage.  Why would I put a deposit on only one of the two needed cabins?  Not that it matters, but I did release the cabin by the end of the night when I realized that all Window Suites for the second leg were sold out.  

IF a Princess agent was available when I needed him/her, (s)he would have been able to do a better and more accurate search for me.  Instead, I was on hold for an unreasonable amount of time.

Did you want that particular cabin?  I did not zero out the inventory.  There are still Window Suites available for the first leg of my cruise.

On 10/21/2019 at 10:00 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

One hour and 45 minutes on hold is ridiculous.  I am wondering how many perspective passengers gave up and decided to not book directly with Princess.

I book online and avoid such holds. I book directly with Princess every time....

• Haha 1