Pixels in Hub App

We just got off the Magic and I was SO disappointed to find that the Hub App no longer gave you access to all your Pixels photos. The last few cruises I've really enjoyed looking at them easily on my phone (as well as organizing my favorites for purchasing). Even as recently at July this was an option. But now, it's not there and you can no longer download directly to a phone/email. You can print or get them on a USB....and the cost of each photo has gone up. This feels like a HUGE step backwards for Carnival. I was really surprised to see such a big change from just a couple months ago. I haven't heard anyone else talk about this is---is it new? Or just being trialed on the Magic (hopefully!)?

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Sad  to  hear  that  it  might  not  be  on  the  app  anymore. I  always  get  the  package  with  the  Canvass  print   when  I  go  on  7day  cruises. I like  looking  on  the  app   to  see  the  photos  without  the   crowds  or  the  sales people   hovering  over  me . I  usually   buy  a  few  more  prints  because  I  like  having  a  pic  of  my  family  at  each  port  we  visit  the  first  time  together  . My  wife  and  I  often   have  trouble   choosing  which  ones  we  like  best but  after  a  few  days  of  looking  at  them  on  the  balcony  having  breakfast  those  choices  become  a little  easier . I'm  disapointeded  by  this  news . Carnival  makes  a  lot  of  money  on  photos ,  the use  of  the  hub  app  made  it  easier  for  families  like  mine  to  shop  for  it.

• Like 1

That would definitely be a step backward, not being able to view the pics on the hub app before deciding which ones to purchase! I'm not sure why Carnival would do that- even if someone illegally took a screenshot of a photo on their phone it has the huge Carnival watermark across it, making it useless to keep!

A step back is right. Although they probably recycle, it's still incredibly wasteful to print out all those when you know most of them get thrown away. Not to mention the amount of time you have to stand there trying to find the stupid picture of yourselves. I mean, they did away with plastic straws, but it's ok to print all those photos on photo paper???

We sail on the Pride next week and I'm hoping it's on the Hub for us.... Although the screenshots with the watermark are useless to print, we had/have a ton of fun with our awful pictures and I still have those screenshots. 😂

• 2 years later...

Did a search to find this topic, from 2019.

It is now 2022 (as of yesterday!) and we just returned from the 7 day NYE sailing of the Dream out of Galveston. No Pixels on the HUB app this cruise , but it WAS THERE on the OCT. 21 2021 4 day sailing of the Breeze.  I loved having that access - first time I had experienced it.  It was so easy to check your photos, and decide to purchase.  I know I bought more than I would have otherwise.

On this most recent cruise on the Dream, disembarked today, no Pixels on Hub, and we never even found all of our pictures in the walk-up gallery.  It was Where’s Waldo all over again, an exercise in futility that I have little patience for.  I do not know why they can’t have Pixels access on the HUB app for all sailings, unless it has something to do with bandwidth load of the Wi-Fi service onboard.  The internet access on this cruise was the worst I have ever had….and I bought the Premium package as I always do.  But many of my regularly-visited websites were not loading for me this time.  It was very frustrating since technology is light years past the old days.  Perhaps they are limiting all of that now to keep us more engaged around the ship and not on our devices.

I still want Pixels on HUB.  I can’t shake the feeling that our most perfect picture was taken but I missed it because I couldn’t find it - LOL!!!! 

• Like 1