Cruise Critic Community
hogwildcruzers

Door decorations!

We will be on the Liberty of the Seas this Halloween and my wife loves to decorate, but I think I heard somewhere that RC has banned putting anything on cabin doors, can anybody tell me if this is true or not?

Saw plenty of decoration and stickers on Liberty's stateroom doors in September

Edited by Tulsacoker

54 minutes ago, hogwildcruzers said:

We will be on the Liberty of the Seas this Halloween and my wife loves to decorate, but I think I heard somewhere that RC has banned putting anything on cabin doors, can anybody tell me if this is true or not?

Not true, we see door decorations all the time.

Just don't use anything on them that will cause damage to the door.  We will be decorating our door on Anthem on Thursday for Halloween. We use magnets to hold them on.

Royal Caribbean’s policy allows for decorations, but states that nothing can be used “which may be deemed by ship management as inappropriate.” And, as stated above, in general you should not use anything that would damage the door. Magnets work great on the stateroom doors.

1 hour ago, hogwildcruzers said:

"I heard somewhere" - do you remember WHERE?

It is not true.  

Please use magnets, which cause no  harm to the door.  BTW, the walls of your cabin are magnetic, too, and you can use magnets inside your cabin, too.

2 hours ago, hogwildcruzers said:

That was another cruise line that has banned door decorations.

27 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Norwegian has banned door decorations. 

Meanies.  😉 

😣That’s correct it is NCL that has recently deemed decorations on the door as possible fire hazards and it is now prohibited. You can still decorate your cabin doors on RCCL. We were on the Allure in September in a CLS and our door was decorated for our Anniversary. 🤗

Go for it.  We almost always put something up.  Usually from dollar tree in case someone decides they want it.  I found a sheet of cute fall magnetic figures at our dollar store that I’m using next month.

We were on Liberty in April. Saw plenty of doors decorated. 

Will also be on Liberty with you this Sunday.

Make that door stand out!!

Enjoy.

4 hours ago, Drock20J said:

Stay away from Pineapples... unless you are into that kind of thing 😉

DO place a pineapple dressed up as a ghost on any friends/family doors that are up for a good laugh. 

Just not yours

Edited by KelSny1011

We found that the coating on the doors made magnets rather ineffective, so our message boards didn't stick. Bring tape or something to affix them.

We've seen many magnet dry erase boards on doors.  Maybe there are variants with stronger magnets.

We decorate all the time!  For Christmas we really decorate the door.  But during the year, we still always put a banner on our door.  We have never had any issues.  I would say go for it and decorate away!!

7 hours ago, hogwildcruzers said:

DO NOT put any of the Jello looking ones on any doors. Seen at least 100 stains on multiple ships in shapes/colors of Orange Pumpkins, Green Xmas Trees, and even Turkey with ea feather different color. These been stained on some doors for at least 7yrs I'm aware of, they never come off

Was on NCl last month. We had decorations on doors all over.   Thank it was ship by ship case.    

15 hours ago, flamingos said:

We found that the coating on the doors made magnets rather ineffective, so our message boards didn't stick. Bring tape or something to affix them.

Bad advise. What is something else? You need to use stronger magnets. 

Edited by davekathy