Wine pairing at Murano, classic package

zitsky

We signed up for the very reasonable first day price of $35 pp for dinner at Murano on the first night.  I'm sure that does not include alcohol.  But we do have the Classic drink package.  Will there be a list of classic wines to choose from, or is there a wine pairing charge?  I was recently on Viking that gave you a choice of doing the included wines or paying extra for premium (Chef's Table).

They do have a Five Senses menu with wine pairing for $89 each (instead of usual $50 without wine), or I should say the last time I was there that was the price.  They will have wines that fit the Classic Package and the wine steward will help you pair with the courses.  If you want to splurge on a bit more expensive wine, they will charge you the difference + 20% grats. Enjoy! My favorite celebrity restaurant!

celeb-murano-dinner-menu.pdf

Edited by vtcruising

30 minutes ago, zitsky said:

We signed up for the very reasonable first day price of $35 pp for dinner at Murano on the first night.  I'm sure that does not include alcohol.  But we do have the Classic drink package.  Will there be a list of classic wines to choose from, or is there a wine pairing charge?  I was recently on Viking that gave you a choice of doing the included wines or paying extra for premium (Chef's Table).

You will have a very limited choice of wines that fit into the classic package but you can always pay the overage and pair some wines that you like with your meal.  

They used to have (and may still have) a dinner (think it is / was called the Five Senses menu) that was more like $85 pp that included wine pairings, but for a few dollars over and above, you can do it yourself since you have the classic package.  

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner in Murano on the Eclipse last November as we cruised Italy and the Adriatic with our Classic drink package. They can and will recommend wines within your Classic package. 

If if there is a wine that is above the Classic price per glass, you can pay the cost difference.

Enjoy your cruise and and your dinner in Murano.

Edited by scrapcreator

4 minutes ago, zitsky said:

This is all helpful but it makes me wonder what we are going to get for our $35?  There must be a very limited menu for that price?

You will have the normal full Murano menu to choose from for your dinner .  

Celebrity offers a discount for the 1st night as some want to makes sure they have luggage, want to meet their table mates, have a relaxed night after traveling, etc; whatever the reason the speciality restaurants weren’t being fully booked so now your can book via the Cruise Planner at the discounted rate.

Enjoy Murano

10 minutes ago, zitsky said:

This is all helpful but it makes me wonder what we are going to get for our $35?  There must be a very limited menu for that price?

No, you will get the second page of the menu that is attached above - a wonderful menu! They just discount the first night. 🙂

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

You will miss the best meal of the week in the MDR on the first night.  You will have the regular menu in Murano and the wine selection will be limited under the Classic Package.  But you only pay the difference plus 20%

Oh my, I have to wait 3 more weeks for my Murano dinner! I always want the lobster and my husband likes the chateaubriand, so we end up with an awesome surf and turf! Just ask the sommelier to serve wines in your package that pair with what you order. 

zitsky - You will not be disappointed at all with Murano.  The regular menu is fantastic.  My wife loved her lobster (prepared tableside) and I did the Chateaubriand for one (yes, it says for two, but they will do it for one).  Don't worry about the wine.  If you want something that isn't on the Classic, you only pay the difference, as others have said.  In fact, we enjoyed our first night at Murano so much we paid the regular price and dined there on the last night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, VegasGuy29 said:

We booked Murano for the first night on an upcoming cruise. Can you order multiple appetizers or entrees like the MDR? 

Yes you can but trust me don’t fill up too quickly...In addition to your starters, mains and desert they will also offer you a yummy cheese selection and sweeties to go with your coffee...

My favourites include

Philo baked Anjou pear

Potato laced turbot 

ballon rouge...

9 hours ago, VegasGuy29 said:

We booked Murano for the first night on an upcoming cruise. Can you order multiple appetizers or entrees like the MDR? 

I am certain that multiple starters are not a problem but am less sure that multiple entrees--as others have mentioned, they are very substantial as are the multi-course meals in total--for a single guest are an option...

By all means ask...

Edited by Xport

2 minutes ago, Xport said:

I am certain that multiple starters are not a problem but am less sure that multiple entrees--as others have mentioned, they are very substantial as are the multi-course meals in total--for a single guest are an option...

By all means ask...

I wonder if it is possible, but not a definite yes. I imagine you could ask for a small entree as an appetizer to be able to try something else, if an issue.

I know of at least one specialty on X that charges for a second entree (Fine Cut Steakhouse).

50 minutes ago, zitsky said:

For the wine pairing... are you having 3 or 4 glasses of wine?  Or is it just a half pour?

It's hard to say (we did it once a few years ago and I can't remember), but the wines are pretty nice, so I assume 4 oz pours. They may refill though - doesn't hurt to ask. 😉

I found a few pictures:

Heirloom tomato and buffalo mozzarella salad:

1425505899_Muranotomatosalad.jpg.88be453576cac57f5071b3ac78cead40.jpg

Chateaubriand:

132739036_muranobeef.jpg.1f40035f38851626bb5d953940d5c493.jpg

Lobster Prepped at Table:

594467691_muranolobsterprep.jpg.1965c1588f32e87dba07ab45b34cf128.jpg

The Amazing Cheese Cart:

image.png.31206d71a226fabb7770200f4e1fef17.png

Les VI Etoiles du Murano For Two

image.png.fea70377d77e1e04e90b904bbb6d699d.png

Assorted Gelato and Sorbet:

image.png.3d083aebb3bc047f983fda0c63376ec2.png

A more complete dessert list:

image.thumb.png.a2482d4a3d4e6ab9f6a0f2d70ef5f322.png

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I know of at least one specialty on X that charges for a second entree (Fine Cut Steakhouse).

My last two cruises were aboard Edge and I've dined in Fine Cuts three times now...  One entrée was more than sufficient for me [and the food was wonderful] but, having read on the Fine Cuts menu that they do assess a charge for an additional entrée , I was reluctant to say that Murano [I'll next dine there in December while on Reflection] doesn't do so too...