Coast Guard Inspection?

TonyFred

Hey gang

Just got word that boarding on the Allure this Sunday, 10/27, will be delayed due to a Coast Guard inspection. Looks like an hour according to the email.

Just wondering if anyone had this happen on a cruise lately and what the experience was like. (delay time, crowds, etc)

I appreciate it!

We would like to provide you with important information for your upcoming Allure of the Seas cruise departing on October 27th, 2019. The U.S. Coast Guard will be conducting a mandatory routine inspection onboard before boarding process may begin. As a result, check-in for your cruise will now take place between 12:00 PM – 3:30 PM.

If you’ve already completed your check-in online, and it was scheduled between 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM, please arrive to the cruise terminal after 12:00 PM.

We got the same notice for the Allure on this cruise.  We did have it happen on a different cruise earlier this year.  The only thing we noticed then was there was less of a wait for the cabin to be available due to the boarding delay.

We have gotten this email at least 4 or 5 times.....each time we went to the terminal like we planned and experienced NO delay in boarding.

Not saying this will be your experience but it was certainly ours....every single time.

Edited by GTO-Girl

Had it done on our april sailing on grandeur. We arrived our regular time (10 am)   I believe we boarded around 11. She passed. 

We were in a suite, so we boarded first with the b2b'ers. The suite waiting area was full. 

I know on sailing day i am so excited to go. I'd rather wait in terminal than hotel or home. Which reminds me to tell you that will be open it's regular time. 

9 hours ago, JCYYZ said:

Does anyone know if we actually have to wait until, 12pm to show up at the port?

You can go just about any time and check in, but you won't know about boarding till you are there and depends on activities on the ship.

• Thanks 1

We got this notice for the 10/13 Harmony sailing at Port Canaveral.  Arrived at 10:20 and onboard around 10:50.  So, based on what I read previously (where some people reported being on board as early as 10:30), it was a short delay.

I will say the terminal was pretty full by the time boarding started.  So if you are a typical "like to board early" person, I would rather wait at the beginning of the line at the terminal than the end of it.

9 hours ago, JCYYZ said:

I was just coming on to post the same thing.  We were planning to arrive at 10:30am.  Does anyone know if we actually have to wait until, 12pm to show up at the port?

It is possible you may have to wait to check-in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

Had it done on our april sailing on grandeur. We arrived our regular time (10 am)   I believe we boarded around 11. She passed. 

We were in a suite, so we boarded first with the b2b'ers. The suite waiting area was full. 

I know on sailing day i am so excited to go. I'd rather wait in terminal than hotel or home. Which reminds me to tell you that will be open it's regular time. 

I was on this cruise, too.  Yes, it was a little after 11 am. Once we exited the suite lounge and dinged on the ship it was around 11:30.  General boarding started shortly after that.  I do not think the cabins were ready until 1:30 or so.  We were B2Bers and in the same cabin--so not worries. 

19 hours ago, TonyFred said:

Hey gang

Just got word that boarding on the Allure this Sunday, 10/27, will be delayed due to a Coast Guard inspection. Looks like an hour according to the email.

Just wondering if anyone had this happen on a cruise lately and what the experience was like. (delay time, crowds, etc)

I appreciate it!

We would like to provide you with important information for your upcoming Allure of the Seas cruise departing on October 27th, 2019. The U.S. Coast Guard will be conducting a mandatory routine inspection onboard before boarding process may begin. As a result, check-in for your cruise will now take place between 12:00 PM – 3:30 PM.

If you’ve already completed your check-in online, and it was scheduled between 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM, please arrive to the cruise terminal after 12:00 PM.

I got the same email but for the Symphony sailing on 10/26. I was going to arrive at 10 but now I don't know what to do.

We are on Anthem and are b2b and have received the same notice for tomorrow.  I've been told that in Cape Liberty we are not required to get off the ship but will have to stay in Diamond lounge until ship is cleared.  Told to bring seapass card and passport.   Will let you know how it goes.

Bottom line is, no one knows.  And past performance is not indicative of what will happen for YOUR cruise.

It could have virtually no affect, or it could delay boarding for a while.

Either show up at your normal time, and realize that you may have to wait some, or show up a bit later.

No right answer.

@TonyFred FWIW, we are on board now and staying on. The Coast Guard inspection will include a full staff emergency evacuation drill. They have warned us to expect a lot of alarm signals and announcements for the crew only. Our cabin attendant says their part of the drill includes checking every cabin and every place a passenger might be, including closets, then they report to their own muster station. They will not have to practice actual evac, but apparently some team leaders or actual evac staff do have to do so.

Guest services says we will still get our B2B lunch at noon, but I wonder if everyone has that actually worked out. 

Posting this in the Roll Call, too.

Edited by mayleeman