Jump to content

Crown & Anchor Diamond Lounge notice


Recommended Posts

Got the following notice just now regarding my sailing this Sunday on Allure. Do you think they are saying that we will not have a Diamond lounge? We are Diamond members. I know like they say we have the 3 free drinks but I enjoy the lounge as well.😭

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS
 

 

Dear Guest,

We are excited to welcome you onboard Allure of the Seas for our 7 Night Western Caribbean cruise.

As this sailing is quite popular among our top tier guests, we encourage you to utilize the three (3) complimentary drink vouchers loaded on your SeaPass Card, daily. These vouchers are available for use throughout the ship during the scheduled happy hour times. Due to pre-planned events and activities, we are unable to extend the Diamond Lounge into any other venue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and hope you enjoy your evening beverages.

Additionally, we know coffee is an important part of your day and the morning rush can become hectic. To alleviate waiting times, we are loading one (1) specialty, non-alcoholic coffee voucher onto your SeaPass Card, daily. This can be used in Cafe Promenade. Once onboard, please check your Welcome Letter for additional information.

We’re happy you’re joining us for this voyage and hope your time with us is nothing short of spectacular! As always, thank you so much for your loyalty.

Sincerely,

Your Crown & Anchor Society Team

 

 

 
Link to post
Share on other sites

No, the Diamond Lounge will still be there. They are just saying they won’t be moving the nightly Diamond event to a larger venue, which they try to do when there are many Diamond and up cruisers. They are basically saying expect the Diamond Lounge to be crowded.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe sounds like the Diamond lounge will still be available, but they wont extend it to any of the other potential venues if it is overly crowded? A friendly reminder that you still will have the 3 drinks available elsewhere, but they are not planning any overflow. Just a guess! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, kimala said:

Got the following notice just now regarding my sailing this Sunday on Allure. Do you think they are saying that we will not have a Diamond lounge? We are Diamond members. I know like they say we have the 3 free drinks but I enjoy the lounge as well.😭

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS
 

 

Dear Guest,

We are excited to welcome you onboard Allure of the Seas for our 7 Night Western Caribbean cruise.

As this sailing is quite popular among our top tier guests, we encourage you to utilize the three (3) complimentary drink vouchers loaded on your SeaPass Card, daily. These vouchers are available for use throughout the ship during the scheduled happy hour times. Due to pre-planned events and activities, we are unable to extend the Diamond Lounge into any other venue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and hope you enjoy your evening beverages.

Additionally, we know coffee is an important part of your day and the morning rush can become hectic. To alleviate waiting times, we are loading one (1) specialty, non-alcoholic coffee voucher onto your SeaPass Card, daily. This can be used in Cafe Promenade. Once onboard, please check your Welcome Letter for additional information.

We’re happy you’re joining us for this voyage and hope your time with us is nothing short of spectacular! As always, thank you so much for your loyalty.

Sincerely,

Your Crown & Anchor Society Team

 

 

 


sounds like there are going to be a lot of Diamond and above on your sailing and they will not be able to open up an overflow area to accommodate everyone.

 

If you enjoy the Diamond Lounge you better go early and stake out your spot.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Clarea changed the title to Crown & Anchor Diamond Lounge notice
1 hour ago, Cel_cruise said:

The specialty coffee on your sea pass is great if you are not doing a beverage plan! Should be faster to get than at the DL!

Yes, although I don't expect the mornings to be an issue in the lounge if everyones take on this notice is correct and the lounge is open but potentially crowded. It is a nice token on their part but I actually have the Royal Refreshment which includes specialty coffee. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our experience so far. We always do early seating dinner. We are dressed and ready well before dinner and we go to whatever bar we prefer at that time for our 3 drinks. Typically the British pub if that is what is on our ship.

 

We go and have our early dinner and then head to the diamond lounge. At this point, about an hour before late seating, we typically find the diamond lounge empty for about an hour and have great service and get our fill for the evening.

 

When the lounge opens, it is packed, but the last hour is mostly vacant from our experience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kimala said:

Got the following notice just now regarding my sailing this Sunday on Allure. Do you think they are saying that we will not have a Diamond lounge? We are Diamond members. I know like they say we have the 3 free drinks but I enjoy the lounge as well.😭

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS
 

 

Dear Guest,

We are excited to welcome you onboard Allure of the Seas for our 7 Night Western Caribbean cruise.

As this sailing is quite popular among our top tier guests, we encourage you to utilize the three (3) complimentary drink vouchers loaded on your SeaPass Card, daily. These vouchers are available for use throughout the ship during the scheduled happy hour times. Due to pre-planned events and activities, we are unable to extend the Diamond Lounge into any other venue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and hope you enjoy your evening beverages.

Additionally, we know coffee is an important part of your day and the morning rush can become hectic. To alleviate waiting times, we are loading one (1) specialty, non-alcoholic coffee voucher onto your SeaPass Card, daily. This can be used in Cafe Promenade. Once onboard, please check your Welcome Letter for additional information.

We’re happy you’re joining us for this voyage and hope your time with us is nothing short of spectacular! As always, thank you so much for your loyalty.

Sincerely,

Your Crown & Anchor Society Team

 

 

 

It sounds like there is going to be a high number of D and D+ on board and unusually they are preparing you for this.

Personally we like to spend time in Central Park with our HH drinks plus now you can get your free drinks in the MDR and Speciality Restaurants so the need to be squeezed into the DL is diminished.

Allure like all the Oasis class ships is lovely so I'm sure you will have a fantastic cruise.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be guessing but it sounds like there's a large group onboard that are reserving the usual overflow venues. We were on her last month and there were no cocktails served in the DL.  They were served in Blaze.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Big_G said:

I'd be guessing but it sounds like there's a large group onboard that are reserving the usual overflow venues. We were on her last month and there were no cocktails served in the DL.  They were served in Blaze.

Funny you should say this...the last time we cruised over Halloween years ago, we were on Freedom of the seas and there was a large (like 1/2 the ship) group of Bikers on board. And yes they had private events that excluded entry into certain public areas. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kimala said:

Funny you should say this...the last time we cruised over Halloween years ago, we were on Freedom of the seas and there was a large (like 1/2 the ship) group of Bikers on board. And yes they had private events that excluded entry into certain public areas. 

That was the High Seas Rally. It was a charity benefit for Kidney Dialysis and Kidney transplant. Last two cruises have been a full ship charter on Brilliance. Some of us would like them to come back to the bigger ships as 1/2 charter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, blackshirt said:

No, the Diamond Lounge will still be there. They are just saying they won’t be moving the nightly Diamond event to a larger venue, which they try to do when there are many Diamond and up cruisers. They are basically saying expect the Diamond Lounge to be crowded.

What do they mean by "Due to pre-planned events and activities?"  Does this mean they permit passengers to book private events and activities in the Diamond Lounge?

Edited by Snit13
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

What do they mean by "Due to pre-planned events and activities?"  Does this mean the permit passengers to book private events and activities in the Diamond Lounge?


They are not talking about the Diamond Lounge itself but rather the nightclub or area they would usually use as the Diamond overflow....

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

What do they mean by "Due to pre-planned events and activities?"  Does this mean they permit passengers to book private events and activities in the Diamond Lounge?

No, they are saying that other venues have planned events and activities, so they can’t move or extend the nightly event beyond the Diamond lounge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That was the High Seas Rally. It was a charity benefit for Kidney Dialysis and Kidney transplant. Last two cruises have been a full ship charter on Brilliance. Some of us would like them to come back to the bigger ships as 1/2 charter. 

Oh I know...we had no problem with them being on board. And their costumes were incredible! The only time I was “inconvenienced” was when hubby and I wanted to wander around onthe pool deck one evening and they were holding a cocktail party if you didnt have a wrist band for being with the “High Seas Group”.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to sidetrack but I have a couple questions:

 

Diamond gets 3 drinks loaded onto the Sea Pass for use anywhere on the ship for happy hours times, however if you are actually in the Diamond Lounge you can stretch that to 3+ drinks? 

 

Also you're give 1 coffee voucher for use at Cafe Promenade, however if you go to the Diamond Lounge there is a coffe maker present that would allow you to stretch that to 1+ coffee's?

 

 

Edited by NateUpNorth
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fully understand the letter. However,  why not unlimit the number of drinks from 3 to whatever during the HH?

That would reduce thre amount of people in the DL and still provide the true benefit of the DL HH.

This is a perk wer have earned over years of cruising on RCI. Now they are trying to limit their perks making it sound like they are really giving you more. Don't think so! 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

I don't want to sidetrack but I have a couple questions:

 

Diamond gets 3 drinks loaded onto the Sea Pass for use anywhere on the ship for happy hours times, however if you are actually in the Diamond Lounge you can stretch that to 3+ drinks?  Unlimited in DL during that time 

 

Also you're give 1 coffee voucher for use at Cafe Promenade, however if you go to the Diamond Lounge there is a coffe maker present that would allow you to stretch that to 1+ coffee's? Correct

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Thanks @Tulsacoker 

 

I think I can now see why they might have a vested interest in not expanding the Diamond Lounge to other areas of the ship.......

 

 

20 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Thanks @Tulsacoker 

 

I think I can now see why they might have a vested interest in not expanding the Diamond Lounge to other areas of the ship.......

 

Yes, that is why the Harmony OTS  DL was replaced  by Wonderland. $$$

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Clarea locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...