10-24-19 Thursday Weigh-In....Don't Let The Candy Witch Get You!

Belle

You know the one that whispers in your ear

This week buy a bag of candy my dear

You might have kids come by

There on sale so a "few" bags you buy

Some how the bags gets open now

You say I don't know how

Then someone has a piece or two

Then you say I will too

Don't eat it because... the weight you lose today

You'll find it as a gain next Thursday

Stay away from candy witch I say

You want a loss on our Halloween weigh-in day

• Thanks 1

JennyB - congratulations on clothes fitting!!!  That must feel so good!!!

Belle - thanks for the poem - I plan on buying candy this year that I don't like --- which means I will have to buy twix and milky ways and snickers.    I love chocolate and I am a candy corn lover ... Its funny how tastes are different

I didn't lose any weight or gain any weight ... but I also didn't really watch my food or wine intake ... I'm ok with staying the same for now.   

Hope everyone had a good week.  Jan

• Like 4

Belle, thanks for the poem.  Like Jan, I try to buy candy that I don't like.

Jenny, what a great feeling!  Fitting into clothes that didn't fit before is wonderful.  Congratulations.

Jan, staying the same is not a bad thing.  I did not stay the same.  I have been at my goal weight and I have been able to maintain that, but this week I am up .6   

Rose

• Like 2

Hello everyone,

Belle thanks for the poem. We don't keep candy in our house......

I lost 1 lb., that's 6 lbs. in the last 8 weeks. I'm at my scale number that I don't like to be over so that's good. 

Jenny, good loss and congrats on fitting into those pants. Yeah. 

Jan, staying the same is a win. 

Have  a good day everyone,

Diana

• Like 3

Hi Everyone!

I have lost 1.2 of my re-gained weight. I was surprised actually since I've had once of those weeks where you just want to eat absolutely everything!

Usually by this time each year, a 100 piece box of candy has usually been accidentally consumed. 🤷‍♀️ This year, I have not bought anything! We don't get many kids but I still usually buy and then we have to eat the leftovers... This year I'm only buying a couple large size candy bars for the neighbor kids, and nothing more. I'm going to give them to them all pre-Halloween night and keep the lights off to keep the pupper calm. She's a Jack Russell so calm does not really ever describe her but you can imagine how crazy she gets with the doorbell. 

Belle - Love the poem!!

JennyB- Congrats on a loss and pants fitting -such a great feeling isn't it?

Heather - Congrats - amazing loss!!!

Rose - Sorry you gained. Sometimes maintenance can be tricky.

Diana - Congrats on a loss. Always nice to be under that number.

Jan - no loss is still better than a gain. 

Have a great week everyone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great losses and minimal gains everyone 🙂 I had a mini-loss of .4# - would have liked more but at least it is a loss.  I've been forcing myself to get to the gym each morning, but always glad after I do.  My knee is doing much better this week, my trainer said it is likely bursitis or arthritis and nothing structural so hopefully aiming for an anti-inflammatory diet and dropping the weight will help.

It's been nice to eat together as a family at a reasonable hour this week now that soccer is done.  I know it's only a brief lull between storms, but I will cherish the time together while I have it.

• Like 4

Rose, I missed your first post. .6 gain is not horrible and you were able to get to goal weight which is great. It will go away fast. 

Robin, congrats on the loss.

Pacruise, well, small gain. Glad your knee is better. Glad you were able to go to the gym. Hubby and I are retired. I don't know what I would do without our gym. I always feel better when we go.

Diana

Nice to see you all here, few missing but hope they come in soon.

Sounds like a pretty good weeks with loss's and small gains.

Last week gained weight which I think was from home not the cruise. Those two lbs came off fast

plus two more!  4 lb loss!  Happy! Only if I can keep losing like this but I'm a a slow loser..Just had a

Magic Week!:classic_smile:  But I did try to eat less.

Jenny..Congrats on wearing clothes that didn't fit months ago and losing.. Your lucky you don't like candy much.

Yes Jenny this is a good group, very friendly and nice people.

Jan..Staying the same is fine especially if you ate more. You didn't gain. I love milky ways, candy corn so so but chocolate

I love.

Heather..Congrats what a great loss!  Keep it up whatever your doing.

Rose..Your at goal that's the best. There will be times you'll be up or down. Your doing great!

Diana..You had a loss. Good. Aren't you at goal or almost. Your doing great too.

Robin..Nice you had a loss. That's a great idea about the candy.

Pacruise..It's a loss. Great on going to the gym everyday. Glad your knee is better.

Everyone keep on having a good week and wishing that we all have a loss next Thursday!

• Like 2

This week I was up 2.4#, but we have been eating out more this week - brunch, Mexican, pizza, and I stress ate a few carbs too. I had a huge Thursday wedding this week, so it threw off our schedule and the kitchen was torn up on weird days compared to a typical Saturday wedding delivery. I'm not upset by the gain; it will all go away next week when our schedule is back to normal I'm sure.

We dump the kids' Halloween candy into a container in the pantry, and they can get a piece or two a day for dessert. We're almost down to the bottom of the container from last year's haul! Since I've gone mostly low carb, it doesn't call to me like it used to. If I'm going to have a piece of chocolate, I want it to be really GOOD chocolate, and M&Ms just don't cut it! 😉

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 10:12 AM, nyer said:

Heather, I was typing as you posted.   Congratulations on the four lbs.  That is an awesome loss

On 10/24/2019 at 10:38 AM, winewanderer said:

Heather, congrats on the 4 lb. loss, great!

On 10/24/2019 at 11:20 AM, Jan_In_Maine said:

Heather - way to go!

Rose - that isn't a bad gain ... there's always next week!

Diana - nice that you lost!

23 hours ago, RobinCruiser said:

Hi Everyone!

I have lost 1.2 of my re-gained weight. I was surprised actually since I've had once of those weeks where you just want to eat absolutely everything!

Usually by this time each year, a 100 piece box of candy has usually been accidentally consumed. 🤷‍♀️ This year, I have not bought anything! We don't get many kids but I still usually buy and then we have to eat the leftovers... This year I'm only buying a couple large size candy bars for the neighbor kids, and nothing more. I'm going to give them to them all pre-Halloween night and keep the lights off to keep the pupper calm. She's a Jack Russell so calm does not really ever describe her but you can imagine how crazy she gets with the doorbell. 

Belle - Love the poem!!

JennyB- Congrats on a loss and pants fitting -such a great feeling isn't it?

Heather - Congrats - amazing loss!!!

Rose - Sorry you gained. Sometimes maintenance can be tricky.

Diana - Congrats on a loss. Always nice to be under that number.

Jan - no loss is still better than a gain. 

Have a great week everyone!

23 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

I seriously LOVE this group! Thank you all. Congrats to those on your losses and to those that didn't gain. Rose  @nyer holding steady at one weight is tough. I can fluctuate 2-3 pounds a day! I have stopped weighing myself except on Thursdays. Stick with it and you'll see your happy # soon!

10 hours ago, Belle said:

Nice to see you all here, few missing but hope they come in soon.

Sounds like a pretty good weeks with loss's and small gains.

Last week gained weight which I think was from home not the cruise. Those two lbs came off fast

plus two more!  4 lb loss!  Happy! Only if I can keep losing like this but I'm a a slow loser..Just had a

Magic Week!:classic_smile:  But I did try to eat less.

Jenny..Congrats on wearing clothes that didn't fit months ago and losing.. Your lucky you don't like candy much.

Yes Jenny this is a good group, very friendly and nice people.

Jan..Staying the same is fine especially if you ate more. You didn't gain. I love milky ways, candy corn so so but chocolate

I love.

Heather..Congrats what a great loss!  Keep it up whatever your doing.

Rose..Your at goal that's the best. There will be times you'll be up or down. Your doing great!

Diana..You had a loss. Good. Aren't you at goal or almost. Your doing great too.

Robin..Nice you had a loss. That's a great idea about the candy.

Pacruise..It's a loss. Great on going to the gym everyday. Glad your knee is better.

Everyone keep on having a good week and wishing that we all have a loss next Thursday!

Thanks so much for the kind words, nyer, Belle, winewanderer, Jan, and Robin!  And JennyB, I love this group too 🙂

• Like 1

Hello Jan. Hope you had a good day. I did spent some time with my son and

we went out to lunch.

How is your daughter who recently got married? Did they go on a honeymoon?

Have a good Sunday Jan and that wish goes to everyone who is reading this.:classic_smile:

Belle - everyone is doing ok ... I'm going to go out to lunch with my youngest son today ... looking forward to talking.   My daughter is doing really well and seems to be very happy ... it is a good match.  They went to Vermont to the Trapp Family Lodge ... they had a wonderful time.   

Glad you got to spend some time with your son!!!  

We leave for our cruise on the 7th - my DH has announced that he wants to lose another 5# by then (he will then be the lowest he has been in years ... and it will be a healthy weight).  I'm sure he can do it ... he only needs to stop eating ice cream at night ... sigh ... wish it was that easy for all of us.  

Have an enjoyable Sunday to all.  Jan

• Like 1

Jan your husband is like me..love Ice cream and like it at night!:classic_smile: (really anytime)  Glad you got time with your

son too. Glad your daughter is very happy. I had lunch with my daughter Wed. Saw both in the same week. wow!

This way had time with them both alone before I leave on the 6th. I have just the two. I forgot how many "kids" to you have?

Diana was thinking about you. Didn't you live in Windsor? They were doing ok but now they have the fire.

Glad your not there.

So sad all these fire last few years in So. and No. Calif.  Thank goodness no one has been hurt or died

any where.

Hope everyone is safe and no one is any place that is having trouble with weather, fires or anything.

Stay safe!

Welcome sprint, glad your joining us. We weigh-in every Thursday. But come in everyday and talk if you

want to. Ask questions, give tips or just talk.

Just have to say if lost, stayed the same or had a gain. Don't have to say your weight if you don't

want to. Some people thinks it helps them if they do. Having a weigh-in day keeps you accountable.

• Like 1