John&LaLa Live B2B from Symphony 10/26 and 11/2, Great Expectations 🎂

John&LaLa

OK, I'm back.  Several purchases made at Lilly. Luckily, some is being shipped.

Drive from Las Olas to Miami took about an hour. No real traffic, but I had to get gas, and GPS took me across the bridge vs the tunnel

Got to see construction next to Royal Headquarters.  Kind of missed it in the shot below, though.

20191026_121121.thumb.jpg.93450dab0177eca00024a59de8d350de.jpg

Traffic into Terminal A was non existent 

20191026_210936.thumb.jpg.e1c06c8f541052db67a6f76145a5c040.jpg

Leaving terminal to drop off the Camaro was easy as well. 

20191026_114022.thumb.jpg.331944ead467a01ec6296a146fde4d32.jpg

20191026_210907.thumb.jpg.449e0b3abcb913b6d23be190dc75f727.jpg

Dropping off the car took around 30 minutes total, so that was ok. No shuttle, so I cabbed it back for $15 including tip. 

Next up, boarding process

• Like 2

4 hours ago, countess5 said:

John

Watched sail away tonight, can’t wait to do it next Saturday! Keep us up to date this week on happenings. See you Saturday! 

Cheers! 

65E0A515-4A7B-4DD0-B239-B8A4E09AB29B.png

Sail away shots from the ship😉

20191026_160916.thumb.jpg.89cc2ff2e83e2f587b8c7899c3394310.jpg

20191026_164815.thumb.jpg.d4f2aae780771e8dae98e1b807e525ca.jpg

New condo in our future🤔🤣💲💲

20191026_211246.thumb.jpg.141744a9c54cbb0509621a2559183903.jpg

• Like 2

The big screws. 

20191026_211028.thumb.jpg.efd69d42032995d98e0872fa4ba1c4f3.jpg

Unfortunately,  I didn't get to experience its grandeur because I got directed to elevator vs escalator 

20191026_125358.thumb.jpg.af9cc88bfe9e73a6c47b6d38dbff3475.jpg

So this is as close to it as I got. Suite check in lounge

20191026_211008.thumb.jpg.d0bc84f21d479fadfe3715257d3b84fa.jpg

Oh, and they actually use an elevator operator,  haven't seen that in years.

Once I got to the third floor you scan your carry on luggage, then you wander into the lounge. No one has checked any of my docs,  but I kind of think they should. It's not explained very well. I looked around for a pod person, and finally  got checked in easy peasy. I think I prefer the process in PC. Pod folks prior to security

Now Laura boarded ahead of me and just walked on through. She did get stopped as the ship entry, but there are some pod people there to fix that.

Lunch and drinks in CK were very good. Laura had chicken sandwich and I had mozzarella wrap. We shared.

20191026_130429.thumb.jpg.6b03942661f09bd6e21430ce015f32b5.jpg

20191026_211059.thumb.jpg.2764e44b879f1a083165872b2150a1f9.jpg

Amstel and white Zin were our libations

20191026_125332.thumb.jpg.45737cd8a0c625971e1b76fd0ebc196d.jpg

20191026_125303.thumb.jpg.2e0c0910711f0ffffe6f0285f6e6c180.jpg

• Like 11

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sounds awesome absolutely fantastic.

We are coming to Orlando for a week next October to stay in a hotel in theLake Buena vista area.

We have got a flight from our local airport to Sanford.

Are you renting a car, because Sanford is a good 45 minutes at best to over an hour at worst.  We fly into Sanford often, like the little airport, and Winter Park Florida is nearby, my favorite portion of the Orlando area.  Have fun.

jc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Are you renting a car, because Sanford is a good 45 minutes at best to over an hour at worst.  We fly into Sanford often, like the little airport, and Winter Park Florida is nearby, my favorite portion of the Orlando area.  Have fun.

jc

Apparently there is a Lilly store in Winter Park. Overall a very Dog friendly area. We also like Fiddler's Green

• Thanks 1

Yeah, Mizzou has apparently completely gone to crap.  On the upside the Tarheels beat Duke despite themselves.  The Blues sucked in the Stanley Cup rematch against Boston, and Tiger is still killing it in Japan.  Verstappan is on pole tomorrow from Mexico City, and Lewis Hamilton has his work cut out for him tomorrow.  Bottas crashed at the end of Quali and may have to start from pit lane.  The Chiefs play the packers Sunday night without Patrick Mahomes which is sad.  

There is your sports update.

jc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Apparently there is a Lilly store in Winter Park. Overall a very Dog friendly area. We also like Fiddler's Green

There is a Lilly store right next our house at Merrick Park in Coral Gables.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yeah, WP is really like old Florida, nothing like Orlando or Miami.  We have spent a few days wandering around there in the past but not in the last 4 or 5 years.  I really like the older buildings and homes and the shopping drinking eating area is fun.

jc

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yeah, WP is really like old Florida, nothing like Orlando or Miami.  We have spent a few days wandering around there in the past but not in the last 4 or 5 years.  I really like the older buildings and homes and the shopping drinking eating area is fun.

jc

I had an office once for a few years in WP until the company thought it better to be closer to some of our customers. We moved at least 5 times in my 30 years with the company. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yeah, Mizzou has apparently completely gone to crap.  On the upside the Tarheels beat Duke despite themselves.  The Blues sucked in the Stanley Cup rematch against Boston, and Tiger is still killing it in Japan.  Verstappan is on pole tomorrow from Mexico City, and Lewis Hamilton has his work cut out for him tomorrow.  Bottas crashed at the end of Quali and may have to start from pit lane.  The Chiefs play the packers Sunday night without Patrick Mahomes which is sad.  

jc

You forgot America’s game baseball...  Houston up 8-1 in 7th. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Time to hit the road, see you in Ft Lauderdale 

We must have passed you on the road. We were heading back home to Central Florida from Ft Lauderdale. While I’m not in post cruise withdrawal, I am in post vacation withdrawal, so I’m ready for a virtual cruise on Symphony along with you guys. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Lilly did a line for Target last month, part of the 20th Anniversary Collection. Good or bad for a higher end brand? Not sure. Some pieces still available online and in store. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

jc

jc

Yes thanks.

We usually fly Virgin Atlantic to MCO from Manchester either mid November or January but Manchester is 150 miles from home and we have to hotel overnight in Manchester pre flight.

TUI fly from Newcastle to Sanford our local airport about 20 minutes from home until end of October and it is much more convenient in all ways for us.

We liked winter gardens so will check out winter park.Pauline likes the loop and all the shopping malls and outlets around Orlando.

Graham.

That will blow the English people on this thread out of their minds. 😉

jc

It does.

We have been to Florida many times and the cheap petrol is great.

Our tax man takes 70% tax on petrol.

Edited by grapau27

6 hours ago, Andy C said:

There is a Lilly store right next our house at Merrick Park in Coral Gables.

I would be broke if it were that close. Thankfully waiting for 5-7days to get something shipped as started to defer purchases. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

jc

Always a sunny day when the Tar Heels win

• Like 1