John&LaLa Live B2B from Symphony 10/26 and 11/2, Great Expectations 🎂

John&LaLa

Have great and safe trips.  Is this your first time on symphony?   in my opinion, Symphony Entertainment is second to none!   If you like to attend shows, do not miss the ice show or Flight, the production show.  In fact, since you are on for two weeks, may I suggest that you try to watch the Flight show twice, from different areas of the theater.   We enjoyed it more from the floor rather than in the balcony reserved seating.  

enjoy 

m

• Like 1

I was surprised they still have cabins available for this cruise, as of this morning.  Prices were somewhat reasonable. 

We almost booked it as a last minute cruise, because we could also get relatively cheap flights. 

Had to pass it up, because of other commitments.  Enjoy your two weeks

Edited by h20skibum
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Have great and safe trips.  Is this your first time on symphony?   in my opinion, Symphony Entertainment is second to none!   If you like to attend shows, do not miss the ice show or Flight, the production show.  In fact, since you are on for two weeks, may I suggest that you try to watch the Flight show twice, from different areas of the theater.   We enjoyed it more from the floor rather than in the balcony reserved seating.  

enjoy 

m

Yes, our first time on her. I'm definitely going to see the ice show and flight. I wasn't happy with the balcony seating on Harmony either. I'll try Hiro as well, but if it's like Fine Line, I'll be unimpressed.

Laura - Do we really have to go to Miami?

As many of you know, we live 10 minutes south of Pt Canaveral

IMG_3694.thumb.JPG.f17b93325a69c540a27f2bb2ae52e7ed.JPG

So our travel time is nill and parking is merely a $25 taxi ride home at the end. Larry drops us off .😉

Ft Lauderdale is around 3 hours drive and Miami 3.5 to 4 hours. 😱

The killer though, is parking. 💲💲 I've read it's $22 per day, 14 days.  Somewhere around $300

Ft Lauderdale is around $200.  That's what we did last year. 

So, let's investigate one way rentals.  I found a $65 rate online with Alamo. I drop off at the InterContinental downtown.

We saw it this summer when we did Empress. It's really close. 

20190722_191915.thumb.jpg.7f95d0574cdb193d8b38de6b0d3db31a.jpg

I went with Premier Category, it's supposed to be a Nissan Maxima (or similar).  I'll find out this afternoon what the rental car lottery gives me. I'm generally not lucky.  This spring I was 'supposed' to get a Jaguar F-Pace from Budget at MCO. I got a Dodge Caravan. 🚙

When we come back in two weeks I have another reservation with Alamo for the same category, but now it's $95. So my net savings should be $140. Sounds good to me. I'll use that savings to pay for my parking at Miami in January for Oasis. 

Or Laura will spend it at Lilly Pulitzer tomorrow.

20190119_110610.thumb.jpg.05226c1ac54b70396d86628ab74579a5.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

That looks like wishful thinking.   Their tour dates in November include the City Winery Boston, and a bunch of small towns in Florida.

The small towns in FL is just half the duo, or so I'm told

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Ft Lauderdale is around 3 hours drive and Miami 3.5 to 4 hours. 😱

The killer though, is parking. 💲💲 I've read it's $22 per day, 14 days.  Somewhere around $300

Ft Lauderdale is around $200. 

Virgin trains may be an option in about 2 years. Eventually they plan to have a station at POM.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I assume there'll be a station near PC and one other about 1/2 way to Palm Beach.

Not sure yet, lots of NIMBY objections. Looks like the line is turning south around I95.  Definitely not crossing the river at Cocoa

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm a big fan of sitting behind the sound engineer

Best seat in the house for sound! Having a big background in music and audio production my whole life, I will say the sound on all the shows on Harmony last week were superb. Not to loud, crystal clear and not once did I ever hear cross talk of feedback. Well done! I'm sure the audio engineers will be on their toes for your cruise! Enjoy!

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, our first time on her. I'm definitely going to see the ice show and flight. I wasn't happy with the balcony seating on Harmony either. I'll try Hiro as well, but if it's like Fine Line, I'll be unimpressed.

I haven't seen Fine Line but thought Hiro was good - not quite as good as Oasis of Dreams but there's something approaching a plot. One of our travel mates referred to it as what you get when you mash up the end credits to an Avengers movie and Moana. From what I've read about Fine Line there's some similarity - more dance and mock combat than synchronized swimming. A fair amount of high diving (but again not as much as Oasis of Dreams. Pretty good soundtrack, though.

13 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I think I mentioned this sometime in the past year, we saw Hall and Oats at Keenan Stadium in Chapel Hill in about 1983.  I remember the music, it was OK, the DW loved H&O.  Donny Iris, the girl band that sang Vacation and somebody else, but what I remember from that summer concert, was when the people in the upper decks ran out of beer in their coolers they started dumping empty somewhat icy coolers onto the people below, which happened to be about 3 rows behind us.  Ever since when I go into a venue I look up to make sure that we are not directly below the balcony.  That is my Hall and Oats remembrance.

Hopefully, yours won’t be similar. 

JC

I was at chapel hill until 1982 so missed that, but i did see Prince.

Batten down the hatches

Closing the hurricane shutters, you never know what's out there. Our windows are electric roll downs and the balcony is manual accordion.  Only takes about 20 minutes total. Bella is helping, so it takes longer.🤣🐾🐾

20191025_130526.thumb.jpg.dd576044368a6b1055e5c2356c3c90f3.jpg

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Batten down the hatches

Closing the hurricane shutters, you never know what's out there. Our windows are electric roll downs and the balcony is manual accordion.  Only takes about 20 minutes total. Bella is helping, so it takes longer.🤣🐾🐾

When Dorian "hit" southeast Georgia it took twice as long to get my planters inside because my cat insisted on inspecting each one as it was carried in to the house. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

HiRO has a subtle plot or theme if you pay attention to details.  The tribes start out separate and warring factions but as it progresses you start to see subtle wardrobe and other behavioral changes that signify unification.      

Also a big fan of sitting behind the sound engineer in the theater although from that position you won't be under the flyover in Flight.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Similar. More “dance” than diving. 
Enjoy 

m