John&LaLa Live B2B from Symphony 10/26 and 11/2, Great Expectations 🎂

John&LaLa

Does the Entertainment Tour (free one 😉 ) go over how the flying plane works. I may have to schedule that. 

And will laser tag work for a middle aged guy with mobility and anger issues 🤔

Asking for a friend. 😇

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, rhuntington3 said:

Me and friends are eyeing the Alaska deployments.

Laura wants to do Dutch Harbor.  Will have to jump ship for that. Usually part of a repositioning cruise.

Laura's mother grew up there, pre war.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

How about strobe lighting

Lots of it!  We find that the afternoon diving shows, the ones where you don’t need a reservation and are a little shorter and less involved, generally have more diving and swimming action. 

m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Does the Entertainment Tour (free one 😉 ) go over how the flying plane works. I may have to schedule that. 

Asking for a friend. 😇

As a laser tag-crazy twenty-something with bad knees (ballet injuries) you should be able to give it the ol' college try. If nothing else you can hide behind a pylon and zap unsuspecting twelve-year-olds and they rush by.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Or Laura will spend it at Lilly Pulitzer tomorrow.

I’ve never heard of Lilly Pulitzer so I googled it. Uh, oh! DH may not be too happy but I can’t wait to shop at one. There’s even a couple stores not too far from me! Thanks, Laura!

Also, yay! I now know how to delete photos & extra stuff!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Asking for a friend. 😇

John-The Backstage C&A tour was fascinating. Ours happened to be scheduled after we had seen both Flight and Hairspray. The tour was conducted by the heading lighting and effects engineer who explained all about the plane and the Space Station used in Flight. The plane is the single most expensive 6 min. effect used on any ship. One of the actors from the show (the one who actually flies the plane) also hosted out tour. This tour was a highlight our our trip on the Symphony. Try to see the shows before the tour. It makes it even more interesting. Enjoy!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Oakman said:

John-The Backstage C&A tour was fascinating. Ours happened to be scheduled after we had seen both Flight and Hairspray. The tour was conducted by the heading lighting and effects engineer who explained all about the plane and the Space Station used in Flight. The plane is the single most expensive 6 min. effect used on any ship. One of the actors from the show (the one who actually flies the plane) also hosted out tour. This tour was a highlight our our trip on the Symphony. Try to see the shows before the tour. It makes it even more interesting. Enjoy!!!

I would absolutely love to have taken this tour!  These shows were amazing and the special effects and technology was sooo cool!  Don’t miss Flight or the Ice Shows or Hairspray!!  The aerialist in hiro was pretty cool too...

You guys are going to have the most amazing time this week and to do it all again next week with more friends and fanfare is going to be even better!  

Oh - and we also thought CD Mike was fantastic!   His speech at the welcome Aboard party was my favorite and he is a great magician too!    He did his magic at one of the main stage shows - I think it was the family comedy show?

4 hours ago, atush said:

I was at chapel hill until 1982 so missed that, but i did see Prince.

Wow, a Tar Heel from the Isle of Man.  As long as we have chatted in this forum I am surprised we never made that connection before.  I arrived with my DW in July 1981 and left June 1988. Lovely town.

Wish we could have seen Prince.  The loudest concert I ever attended was the Clash in 1983 in the old Carmichael Arena. Remember walking into the Record Bar on Franklin street one evening, and the Tubes were in that tiny record shop.  

JC

• Like 1

You only have what?

Well, Alamo was interesting.  Not sure if I won or lost at rental car roulette. 

First off, the facility is very nice. Especially when its empty at the end of a Friday.

20191025_153740.thumb.jpg.7c9c43eabfc5090410fd14396f6fab5a.jpg

Its practically close enough to walk to Terminal 1.  Probably should have taken a picture of Mariner. 

Anyway, this is what I got. My only alternate was a pickup truck.

20191025_145819.thumb.jpg.20241a4faa48098b622ce530270383d6.jpg

Now, I knew it was a Camaro, so i went outside and hit my remote. This lit up.

20191025_144652.thumb.jpg.3cfe014b5728f74951d7d0bec0b068b3.jpg

Which transforms into this beauty.

20191025_153804.thumb.jpg.e3b071f5d2afb2ecff29b48f878ca2bf.jpg

Now typically, it would be, convertible, great.

But we only have it for 23 hours, long drive on highway,  and to much luggage.  So it's  now a low slung, poor visibility, no luggage space, gas guzzler. 

I'm sure we'll make the best of it. Hey, it's easy to throw stuff in the back seat. 

Most of the time. 🌧🌧

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I liked Hiro, I loved the ice show, I liked 1977, and the other production show.  Enjoyed Hairspray, although if I never saw it again, I wouldn’t complain or feel cheated.

jc

I like CATS. 🐱🐱

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You only have what?

Well, Alamo was interesting.  Not sure if I won or lost at rental car roulette. 

First off, the facility is very nice. Especially when its empty at the end of a Friday.

20191025_153740.thumb.jpg.7c9c43eabfc5090410fd14396f6fab5a.jpg

Its practically close enough to walk to Terminal 1.  Probably should have taken a picture of Mariner. 

Anyway, this is what I got. My only alternate was a pickup truck.

20191025_145819.thumb.jpg.20241a4faa48098b622ce530270383d6.jpg

So, I knew it was a Camaro, so i went outside and hit my remote. This lit up.

Which transforms into this beauty.

Now typically, it would be, convertible, great.

But we only have it for 23 hours, long drive on highway,  and to much luggage.  So it's  now a low slung, poor visibility, no luggage space, gas guzzler. 

I'm sure we'll make the best of it. Hey, it's easy to throw stuff in the back seat. 

Most of the time. 🌧🌧

My Son just arrived from Miami. He said it rained off/on the entire trip. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Asking for a friend. 😇

We opted for the Free backstage tour on one of our Harmony cruises  and they explained a lot about Columbus‘s ships. We didn’t take the tour on symphony but wish we had.  Since the tour Is usually scheduled later in the week as well as the show, it is likely that you’ll get lots of information on the plane.   On our tour they talked about the rigging for the  Columbus ship as well as for the plane  and indicated that those two shows will stay on the ships for a long time and cannot go to other ships.

Can’t help you with the laser tag

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Wow, a Tar Heel from the Isle of Man.  As long as we have chatted in this forum I am surprised we never made that connection before.  I arrived with my DW in July 1981 and left June 1988. Lovely town.

Wish we could have seen Prince.  The loudest concert I ever attended was the Clash in 1983 in the old Carmichael Arena. Remember walking into the Record Bar on Franklin street one evening, and the Tubes were in that tiny record shop.  

JC

i am not from the isle of man, i just live here.  I am from Maryland lol.  Now resident for us voting and tax purposes in Florida.

The old Carmichael is where i saw Prince.  It was quite small then.  Would have loved to see The Clash.