John&LaLa Live B2B from Symphony 10/26 and 11/2, Great Expectations 🎂

John&LaLa

40 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Two cases for $7.......  pretty sure it was 2 bottles for $7 but just couldn’t pass up the opportunity....  lol. Must be really good stuff if SAMS has it. 

Yes, 2 bottles.  I need to restock soon.  We're down to 5 bottles.😱

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Obviously, but they did over react and i felt bad for the staff we met up there the week before. 

I'm sure dinner was full, but breakfast and lunch were empty.  Pendulum swung to far in the other direction and the staff suffered

Will be interesting to see what they do next year.  Not being a big birthday bash...and with the following TA pretty much booked....different situation I would guess.  

On 11/17/2019 at 12:52 PM, John&LaLa said:

Here's a random thought. Mama Mia is a great story, musical, and just songs in general, but when we saw it on Allure, the cast was awful. We saw it last June, I'm hoping it's better in March

I saw it with the new cast which were from London (I was told) on August 11th. It was beyond fabulous! I saw every performance because it was just that good...  better than the movie, even! The actors were clever, well-spoken, and had amazing voices. When the singers harmonized it gave me goose bumps it was so tight!

Edited by CruiszBug
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Will be interesting to see what they do next year.  Not being a big birthday bash...and with the following TA pretty much booked....different situation I would guess.  

I'm pretty sure it will be very similar.

I don't think our spring TA will be all that crowded, but I could be wrong.

On another note, it seems I just booked the Harmony return to PC TA in October 2021

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I got 4 cases at Sam's a few months ago. I think it was 2 for $7

Great price if it's a wine you enjoy. Many wine drinkers started with White Zin. In the late80s/early 90s it was called kindergarten wine at many of the vineyards here in CA and was the wine that paid the rent. We've graduated and now enjoy Pinot, Cab and Merlot with an occasional Rose and would love it if they were the price of White Zin. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

18 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

C&A members with more than 525 points can choose 3 bottles of wine per 7-night (or longer) cruise as their D+ amenity.  Plus, anyone can bring on 2 bottles of wine per cruise per stateroom.  Then there are complimentary bottles here and there from Guest Services, Hotel Director, F&B manager, Loyalty Ambassador, etc.  So someone on consecutive 7-night cruises could have more than 10 bottles of wine in the stateroom, without cheating.

I wasn't implying they were cheating. I did not know at 525 you can chose 3 . So that is 3 per person? Nice. 

I mean we got 3 free sent to us but we did not select . 

11 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I wonder if there will be a VISA event next year since cruise is out of Barcelona. We didn’t have one on Freedom 17. 

When is there time for any events on these port heavy itineraries? We are booked on the 2020 one but wondered how they handled it last time. I also wish they had left it in September. 

2 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

When is there time for any events on these port heavy itineraries? We are booked on the 2020 one but wondered how they handled it last time. I also wish they had left it in September. 

They changed the itinerary up for one Port. Palma de Mallorca was last day and sea day was the day before. Gypsy Kings gave a Concert.  It was held in late afternoon/early evening at the Bull Ring. They bused all the guests that had a ticket. 

E1DD8361-5570-4F48-8551-A1431C7720B1.png

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Great price if it's a wine you enjoy. Many wine drinkers started with White Zin. In the late80s/early 90s it was called kindergarten wine at many of the vineyards here in CA and was the wine that paid the rent. We've graduated and now enjoy Pinot, Cab and Merlot with an occasional Rose and would love it if they were the price of White Zin. 

Last night's haul. A friend here on the boards calls it pink koolaid.  It's one of the few wines Laura can stomach anymore. She used to drink Pinot Noir, and will have Bell Glos on occasion. 

20191119_072753.thumb.jpg.e5551a76784d377124ed9c25530566d6.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Last night's haul. A friend here on the boards calls it pink koolaid.  It's one of the few wines Laura can stomach anymore. She used to drink Pinot Noir, and will have Bell Glos on occasion. 

20191119_072753.thumb.jpg.e5551a76784d377124ed9c25530566d6.jpg

Now that is a fitting gift for a Pinnacle.  Well done Royal, well done.  

Do and Laura officially call that the "Wine Wagon"?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

In 2018, 2 events were in the evening, 1 was in the morning for sail in to St Thomas,  and 1 was on the beach in Labadee 

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm pretty sure it will be very similar.

I don't think our spring TA will be all that crowded, but I could be wrong.

On another note, it seems I just booked the Harmony return to PC TA in October 2021

Those are out already?  Hmmm....interesting.  🙂 

Any idea what is going to replace Harmony here in PC while she is touring Europe?  

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That would be me...  😉   And is what we called it in the wine business...but damn I sold a lot of the stuff!  😄 🍷

Always remember the golden rule of wine..."The best wine is the wine you like the best".   Made my paycheck look nice.  🤑

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

That would be me...  😉   And is what we called it in the wine business...but damn I sold a lot of the stuff!  😄 🍷

Always remember the golden rule of wine..."The best wine is the wine you like the best".   Made my paycheck look nice.  🤑

Well said my DS friend. I love that golden rule. 

6 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

I showed this picture to John and he was very impressed. He said, “I thought I bought a lot of wine at one time!”

Me too...had to laugh.  Bucky teases me when I find a sale on Sauvignon Blanc and stock up (it's pretty much all I drink).  He likes his red wine with dinner, but adores his tropical rum drinks before that.  😉 

• Like 1

Just now, davekathy said:

Well said my DS friend. I love that golden rule. 

Ahh...thanks my DS friend.  It was one of the things they taught us first when I was in training.  🙂 🍷  Sold the pink stuff for 12 years to some very high end restaurants.  I could never drink it...but boy my Mom loved it.  I kept her in good supply.  😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Me too...had to laugh.  Bucky teases me when I find a sale on Sauvignon Blanc and stock up (it's pretty much all I drink).  He likes his red wine with dinner, but adores his tropical rum drinks before that.  😉 

We like wine wine from a NC winery, Old North State. We used to go down to Mt. Airy specifically to load up. Then John discovered that NC Food Lion carries this wine at a better price so now he loads up whenever business has him traveling that way. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

So, you've taken to buying a week's worth at a time, now?  LOL

• Haha 2

As a devoted Tar Heel lover.... I can’t imagine any really good wine coming from NC.  I know the Biltmore has a vineyard, but most of the wines they make are imported California grapes.  I have been to Mt Airy, and outside of being the basis of the Andy Griffith show, I am not sure they are the Burgundy or even the piedmont of wine, although they are near the piedmont of their own.

jc