John&LaLa Live B2B from Symphony 10/26 and 11/2, Great Expectations 🎂

John&LaLa

Day 5 Cozumel

It must be Wednesday, that's what the elevator said.  BTW, taking a pic of the elevator sign is a good way to remind you when your day changes on your camera roll

20191030_110951.thumb.jpg.cf1cccf74c94339ef0d5910831113734.jpg

Had Baja Eggs in CK, it's kind of a tradition for me. They were very good. Presentation has changed a little. I approve.

20191030_090658.thumb.jpg.f16061a4aabd584fa56de3d5408e48cd.jpg

Headed in to Cozumel for rum cakes and pharmaceuticals.  Scored on both counts. 

3 Z-packs, sorry @Ocean Boy

On the way back I noticed some OV seating that I forgot about. Deck 7 aft by the rock wall

20191030_103958.thumb.jpg.c89488ac4dca99f94afddaf8e96e319a.jpg

Lunch in CK when I got back, but first an Amstel in the SL

20191030_111005.thumb.jpg.c8f328d448a9891384e3beae4be508eb.jpg

Golden Duch goodness 

20191030_111038.thumb.jpg.348563c79a5248fa06255b586abd3950.jpg

Decorating has begun on 17

20191030_110932.thumb.jpg.95af4e376254e69a710e3e0b5ad3b05b.jpg

Had the serrano wrapped date as an app, and a spinach salad with extra shrimp

20191030_192056.thumb.jpg.79ea61afaa73961f67bb8a42ce52ee34.jpg

Random ship picture 37

Not much seating on the Rising Tide

20191030_103913.thumb.jpg.166b7c262410887ecc69c2cce6bd4df9.jpg

20 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Headed in to Cozumel for rum cakes and pharmaceuticals.  Scored on both counts. 

3 Z-packs,

Do you mind sharing where you go in Coz (for the pharmaceuticals)?  Headed there next month and plan to do the same.

Edited by momofmab

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Drug store just past Margaritaville and then right

We go to the one on the left as you enter the port shopping area.   I imagine they are all similar Last visit  we were hanging out with our cruise friend/Doctor, who went in to help us maneuver the store. It’s important to know what your insurance costs are for some of the medications as a few of them were actually cheaper at home.    I bought some Retin-A which is not covered by my insurance. 

Two years ago on oasis, we had a couple of extra days in Mexico because we couldn’t get back to Florida due to hurricane Irma. The captain made an announcement to visit the pharmacies in Mexico so that you had what you needed not only for the end of the trip, but also in case your pharmacy back home was closed.  

The pharmacy we use not only has pharmaceuticals, it also has any kind of other sundries/otc meds you might need for the remainder of your trip 
m

7 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We go to the one on the left as you enter the port shopping area.   I imagine they are all similar Last visit  we were hanging out with our cruise friend/Doctor, who went in to help us maneuver the store. It’s important to know what your insurance costs are for some of the medications as a few of them were actually cheaper at home.    I bought some Retin-A which is not covered by my insurance. 

Two years ago on oasis, we had a couple of extra days in Mexico because we couldn’t get back to Florida due to hurricane Irma. The captain made an announcement to visit the pharmacies in Mexico so that you had what you needed not only for the end of the trip, but also in case your pharmacy back home was closed.  

The pharmacy we use not only has pharmaceuticals, it also has any kind of other sundries/otc meds you might need for the remainder of your trip 
m

I think the two are the same company

ED meds and antibiotics seem to be the popular purchases

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Spoke with refrigeration officer at lunch. The snow in 1977 is actually ice crystals.

Certainly indeed would not want to throw soap all over that ice!  😉  Lots of effort goes into keeping that ice floor perfect!  

Edited by island lady

17 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

m

Looking to purchase some Retin-A also.  My insurance doesn't seem to care about my impending wrinkles 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, CruiseBride926 said:

I’ve always purchased retin-a from a plastic surgeon’s office and even without insurance I want to say it is only around $60. Definitely under $100. Might be worth checking out when you run out.

Yes. But the strength we use is only available in Mexico. The strength dispensed in the US, even by Doctors is not strong enough for our use.

16 minutes ago, CruiseBride926 said:

I’ve always purchased retin-a from a plastic surgeon’s office and even without insurance I want to say it is only around $60. Definitely under $100. Might be worth checking out when you run out.

Depends on the strength of the Retin-A.  For me (without insurance covering it) a big tube of my prescription is $400, a much smaller tube of a lesser strength (that my dermatologist carries at her office) is $120.  There are also "retinols" and "retinoids" in lesser strengths that are available in may over-the-counter products.

First world problem and not a life-saving med, I know - but if I can get it for (much) cheaper in Mexico, I'm gonna do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikew0805 said:
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

ED meds and antibiotics seem to be the popular purchases

UGH!!!

I was thinking the same thing.

Then I started thinking as to why John would know this....😂

Just kidding....