John&LaLa Live B2B from Symphony 10/26 and 11/2, Great Expectations 🎂

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

As a devoted Tar Heel lover.... I can’t imagine any really good wine coming from NC.  I know the Biltmore has a vineyard, but most of the wines they make are imported California grapes.  I have been to Mt Airy, and outside of being the basis of the Andy Griffith show, I am not sure they are the Burgundy or even the piedmont of wine, although they are near the piedmont of their own.

jc

It's rotted grapes, how hard can it be?

Even Missouri makes wine

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Even Missouri makes wine

Actually every single state in the union has wineries, indeed...even Missouri.  😄 

Hawaii...(been to one there too, and no..it wasn't Pineapple wine 😂).  

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Actually every single state in the union has wineries, indeed...even Missouri.  😄 

Hawaii...(been to one there too, and no..it wasn't Pineapple wine 😂).  

In Florida we have wineries that produce their wine from scuppernong grapes. On the sweet side. 

Interesting. I had never heard of them out here:  The scuppernong is a large variety of muscadine (Vitis rotundifolia), a species of grape native to the Southern United States. It is usually a greenish or bronze color and is similar in appearance and texture to a white grape, but rounder and larger and first known as the 'big white grape'.

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Interesting. I had never heard of them out here:  The scuppernong is a large variety of muscadine (Vitis rotundifolia), a species of grape native to the Southern United States. It is usually a greenish or bronze color and is similar in appearance and texture to a white grape, but rounder and larger and first known as the 'big white grape'.

Thomas Jefferson was a big fan. 

He tried and failed planting European species.

Not sure he ever got around to making wine, though.

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Enough about wine, grapes, American history, and what other tangents we have amused ourselves with lately.

I head out again in 11 days, so I want to share my final thoughts on my 4th Oasis Class ship and 2nd Presidents Cruise

1670967905_Adventurecountdown.JPG.cb1417ec0e7113f4ce88bd7a98262307.JPG

Take your time then you can just request the name of this thread be changed to “spend the year cruising with John&LaLa”😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Symphony of the Seas - The culmination of the Oasis Class

Well, until Oasis sails in 4 days😉

Improvements over Oasis 3 (Harmony)

El Loco Fresh

The solarium

Starbucks back on the Promenade

Umbrellas/Tables back in the Beach Pool

Stir Fry every night in the Jammer

The Entertainment 👏

Flight - Just awesome.  I still do love Columbus, though

1977 - the drones blew me away, but the whole story is good

HIRO - anything is better than Fine Line

HairSpray - definitely better than Grease, but the vocals get drowned by the music

Lazer Tag - it looked like a lot of fun

Things they need to improve.

El Loco Fresh bottleneck on the starboard path to the sports deck

I know there were some other things good and bad, but I can't remember

The Miami Terminal A is very nice, but I'm not sure it's functionally better than Terminal 1 in PC

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

Week 2 - The Birthday/President's Cruise

I liked Hall & Oates, the original plan to hold it in the Aqua Theater would have been cool, but I understand the problem.

However, they should have held off on the fireworks at least 30 more minutes to allow people to get up there.

The one VISA party was interesting. Lots of fun, but to crowded. Also they had 4 last year, and none were that crazy.

Pinnacle Lounge in Dazzles seemed well received. I wish I had realized they would make off menu drinks earlier in the week

Cutting back Pinnacle access to CK didn't bother me much. I can't speak for everyone involved.

Dinner with Molly in Solarium was done very well. Probably the best event we went to

Lunch in San Juan on the other hand was awful. We did enjoy our table mates, though

Yacht racing was a big hit, glad I booked it

Gold night was fun, some folks went all out. 

I must not be the right demographic for the Decades Party. I just wanted it to end.

This years gifts were a big step up from last year. Lots of fun stuff

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

That's all I Have to say

Thanks again for coming along.

I had told Laura I would probably cut back on doing these, but she said she didn't mind, and liked meeting folks who follow along. So look for me in 11 days I guess.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You'd be surprised.  Most taste like Welch's Grape Juice gone bad.

Sure, every state has a winery of some sort. And I'm sure they are "okay, for the price".  But to quote a man I often look up to: 'I don't always drink wine. But when I do, it better be pretty damn excellent"

6 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Does the PC parking garage have luggage service in the ramp like the one in Miami?

No, its a loop. Drop and park. Works pretty smooth. I won't experience Miami garage until January on Oasis.

The beauty of PC garage is you only pay for the first leg of any consecutive cruising 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That's all I Have to say

Thanks again for coming along.

I had told Laura I would probably cut back on doing these, but she said she didn't mind, and liked meeting folks who follow along. So look for me in 11 days I guess.  

I enjoy your photos and information. Thanks for taking the time to post your experiences.