John&LaLa Live B2B from Symphony 10/26 and 11/2, Great Expectations 🎂

John&LaLa

22 hours ago, island lady said:

Actually every single state in the union has wineries, indeed...even Missouri.  😄 

Hawaii...(been to one there too, and no..it wasn't Pineapple wine 😂).  

Have visited almost all wineries in Missouri that have been in business more than 30 years, and I have consumed the best they make, and nothing made here with Missouri grapes is comparable to Opus One.  I will drink just about any wine, including the honey wine that we had on the Big Island near Volcanoes NP.  Many wineries bring in juice or grapes from California, but they are often from the Central Valley and not from Napa, etc.  

We used to go to Augusta, Missouri to ride our bikes on the Katy Trail and to visit the wineries there, which are actually some of the best in Missouri.  The Norton in a good vintage can make a good substitute for a good Napa Red, but....

jc

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Have visited almost all wineries in Missouri that have been in business more than 30 years, and I have consumed the best they make, and nothing made here with Missouri grapes is comparable to Opus One.  I will drink just about any wine, including the honey wine that we had on the Big Island near Volcanoes NP.  Many wineries bring in juice or grapes from California, but they are often from the Central Valley and not from Napa, etc.  

We used to go to Augusta, Missouri to ride our bikes on the Katy Trail and to visit the wineries there, which are actually some of the best in Missouri.  The Norton in a good vintage can make a good substitute for a good Napa Red, but....

jc

I had a 1984 Norton that i didn't take care of.

Finally dumped it about 5 years ago. I think it was from Herman.

I liked the Rieslings from Herman

Edited by John&LaLa

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That's all I Have to say

Thanks again for coming along.

I had told Laura I would probably cut back on doing these, but she said she didn't mind, and liked meeting folks who follow along. So look for me in 11 days I guess.  

Your reviews are the only thing between me and cruise withdrawal syndrome. 

Medically necessary, so don’t stop!!

• Thanks 1

Thanks again for this thread John.  Very entertaining.  While waiting to disembark the morning of Nov 16, there were several Pins saying goodbye to each other, and that they would see each other again in a couple of weeks on Oasis.  I get the feeling that the first Oasis cruise will be Pin heavy.

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2019 at 3:46 PM, John&LaLa said:

Winter is coming.😉

20191114_154209.thumb.jpg.bf93a6d62113f7178fc5c4da1fb2ec3d.jpg

20191113_093259.thumb.jpg.2e303e07997ad78c5fb908f5d6ea7fda.jpg

Winter is here.

Side note Rose City, is Windsor Ontario. And the All dressed Chips, amazing. 

On 11/16/2019 at 10:51 PM, John&LaLa said:

Flight - Dare to Dream

20191107_082347.thumb.jpg.e6ff764df32f73b636456b8df8c5c3a6.jpg

Got that photo at the right time, with the nun drinking. Happy to hear you enjoyed the ice show, and even Hiro.  I didn’t see that one coming. 😉

I just had the chance to catch up. Many thanks John for bringing us along. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Winter is here.

Side note Rose City, is Windsor Ontario. And the All dressed Chips, amazing. 

Got that photo at the right time, with the nun drinking. Happy to hear you enjoyed the ice show, and even Hiro.  I didn’t see that one coming. 😉

I just had the chance to catch up. Many thanks John for bringing us along. 

Pretty sure i was going for the Stewardesses pose.

Love all, Serve all, my friend

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

She drinks all the time. Have you seen Flight yet. Very entertaining 

No not yet.  So far (until Harmony in couple of weeks) we have only been on one Oasis class ship...the Oasis.  We have Allure TA plus two extra loops in the Med in October, then Harmony again B2B as soon as we get back from the TA. 

Still need to book Symphony at some point, though it's tough not to simply take the "flavor of the month" in PC to avoid that dreaded drive to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami just to get on the same class of ship.  😉    

24 minutes ago, island lady said:

Still need to book Symphony at some point, though it's tough not to simply take the "flavor of the month" in PC to avoid that dreaded drive to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami just to get on the same class of ship.  😉    

I get it, believe me. PC is so convenient to us.

But I'm dragging Laura to Miami to see CATS.

She agreed because she wants to see Bernice, Sergei,  and some of the other crew.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I get it, believe me. PC is so convenient to us.

But I'm dragging Laura to Miami to see CATS.

She agreed because she wants to see Bernice, Sergei,  and some of the other crew.

LOL...you could practically walk to the ship from your condo.  😉   Was more convenient for us when we lived on Merritt Island for 20 years.  Quick taxi ride from the house, leaving our vehicle in the garage, easier and cheaper than paying for parking even. 

Now...having moved out here to the swamp...we drive to ParkNCruise.  Veterans discount and every 5th time free.  Works for us swampers now.  😄 

But the funny thing is, out of 26 cruises we have booked...only four embarkations are drive to ports, all the others involve a flight out of Orlando.  😮 

1 minute ago, island lady said:

But the funny thing is, out of 26 cruises we have booked...only four embarkations are drive to ports, all the others involve a flight out of Orlando.  😮 

Same here, very few out of PC coming up

What's wrong with us🤔

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, island lady said:

54 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Same here, very few out of PC coming up

What's wrong with us🤔

Lets see, one of you has 26 cruises booked and the other is out at sea every other week and the question gets asked... "what is wrong with us."  My question is... what the hell is wrong with me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Lets see, one of you has 26 cruises booked and the other is out at sea every other week and the question gets asked... "what is wrong with us."  My question is... what the hell is wrong with me.

I picture you as a beloved family doctor in a little town like Cabot Cove

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yeah!!  I think your problem is best solved by joining us!!  😎

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I was going to say he is not retired and wealthy yet.....but same thing. 😉

Well, I am pretty sure John has retired recently, but the wealth part?  I don't think he is leaving a lot of inheritance money behind for the kid/kids...I know we sure are not.  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1