Cruise Critic

envy4u

7 minutes ago, envy4u said:

The Costa forum boards seem quite compared to other cruise lines. Is this because Italians don’t use Cruise Critic? We need to get the word out to them!

No.

Just go and have a look at the other Italian line forum - MSC -full of life.

Costa forum was once a lively group, but these days it just drifts along waiting for new  cruisers to post the same questions over and over again.

Best to let sleeping dogs stay dormant.

14 minutes ago, G.M.T. said:

No.

Just go and have a look at the other Italian line forum - MSC -full of life.

Costa forum was once a lively group, but these days it just drifts along waiting for new  cruisers to post the same questions over and over again.

Best to let sleeping dogs stay dormant.

I noticed since I started posting all the first timer questions the board is a little more lively. People are lurking but most do not participate. Hopefully this will change. 

32 minutes ago, envy4u said:

I noticed since I started posting all the first timer questions the board is a little more lively. People are lurking but most do not participate. Hopefully this will change. 

People lurk, there are a handful who will answer questions, but trying to make this board lively - many have tried and even more have moved on to greener pastures.

Hello envy4u, I am looking at sailing on Luminosa out on FL to the Caribbean.  I love all the questions you have asked, Thank you.  I'm ready to book but just wondered after all your research, do you still have cold feet or do you feel you booked the right cruise?  Where did you find the best info in your research?  Did you look at Facebook at all, and if so where?  

2 hours ago, wow said:

Hello envy4u, I am looking at sailing on Luminosa out on FL to the Caribbean.  I love all the questions you have asked, Thank you.  I'm ready to book but just wondered after all your research, do you still have cold feet or do you feel you booked the right cruise?  Where did you find the best info in your research?  Did you look at Facebook at all, and if so where?  

Hi WOW. This will be our first time on Costa. We have over 500 days at sea.  I have read some really bad reviews and on other sites some better reviews. Could not beat the price for a 10 night  cruise on Jan 5 sailing to Caribbean and Mexico from Fort Lauderdale. Bestpricecruises has a BC (balcony comfort) for 1725.00 USD, all in, for two which includes the Brindiamo beverage package. We also get 100.00 OBC for being a Carnival shareholder. I know the reviews on food are bad. I’m going prepared with low expectations. I will always find something I like to eat and stick to that if need be. If the main dining room is really bad we will just go to specialty restaurants. We are fluent in Italian so language will not be an issue. Our roll call is very quite. Ports of call forum on Cruise Critic has been helpful as we don’t do ship excursions. Cold feet nah! I will certainly write a review upon our return. 

Edited by envy4u
  • Like 1

I'm booking this now!!!  We are going the Dec 12 sailing for about what you paid, so yes it's a great deal!!  So I guess I will have to send you my honest review when I get home!  We have sailed many cruise lines and they all have good and bad.  We only look at the good, because anytime we can escape the hum drum of life and the crazy family to reconnect 1 on 1 and rest is good to us.

1 hour ago, wow said:

I'm booking this now!!!  We are going the Dec 12 sailing for about what you paid, so yes it's a great deal!!  So I guess I will have to send you my honest review when I get home!  We have sailed many cruise lines and they all have good and bad.  We only look at the good, because anytime we can escape the hum drum of life and the crazy family to reconnect 1 on 1 and rest is good to us.

So agree with you! Looking forward to reading your review. We are in Toronto for Christmas with the family and leave in the New Year. We spend our winters in Miami. Whenever we can hop on a ship cheaply we do. Cheaper than eating out on land very night. 

Edited by envy4u

we need to decide if we want to stay with BC or pay $180 more to get BP. that will move us from deck 4 to deck 7 and free room service and continental breakfast.  Did you every find a room service menu.  My understanding is the delivery is free but we will have to pay for the food.  Can anyone verify this for me

With the premium balcony the breakfast menu is free, this is quite good & does included some hot dishes.

The upgrade is certainly worth it if you like a leisurely start to your day, the added bonus of choosing meal times is also added.

Most Italians eat late is MRD is full. Just so you know there is very little difference in the menus in every restaurant Costa fight against food waste is working.

Samsara is the best restaurant for choice but it is 30 euros.

Overall the food is good I hate pasta & most Italian dishes but I never any trouble in finding enough from the five courses, the buffet is great but very crowded.

12 hours ago, wow said:

we need to decide if we want to stay with BC or pay $180 more to get BP. that will move us from deck 4 to deck 7 and free room service and continental breakfast.  Did you every find a room service menu.  My understanding is the delivery is free but we will have to pay for the food.  Can anyone verify this for me

I was looking for samples of main dining room menus.

We don’t use room service so for us not worth upgrading.

If we want a snack in our cabin I just send hubby to buffet or coffee.

Also, it more important for us to have mid ship ( less movement) rather than a higher floor.

We booked a guarantee cabin and will let you know if we get upgraded. 

envy4u could you do me a favor.  I didn't get this cruise booked yet (tomorrow I hope) but I'm getting multiple answers to the cost of the spa pass. Could you log on your Costa reservation and tell me what price they are offering the spa pass to you?  I have been told by Costa and my TA -  $126.00 to $380.00 thats a big difference.  It is the main reason we are booking (we love the NCL spa so want it on this cruise too) but I don't want any big surprises.  Thank you.

Even the worst cruises are better than most vacations, especially when you're paying less that $100/day for a balcony.  If I wanted 5 star everything, I would book a 5 star cruise.  My experiences with Costa (albeit 12 years ago) were very positive, even if I didn't care for some of the dinners.  We booked with NO hesitation...

10 hours ago, wow said:

envy4u could you do me a favor.  I didn't get this cruise booked yet (tomorrow I hope) but I'm getting multiple answers to the cost of the spa pass. Could you log on your Costa reservation and tell me what price they are offering the spa pass to you?  I have been told by Costa and my TA -  $126.00 to $380.00 thats a big difference.  It is the main reason we are booking (we love the NCL spa so want it on this cruise too) but I don't want any big surprises.  Thank you.

Will do

11 hours ago, wow said:

Description

The Samsara Spa; a special place where you can regenerate yourself from head to toe on a wellness path to experience on your own or with your friends. It is pleasant to go from an aromatic Turkish bath to the various steam caves, from the beneficial heat of a sauna to the regenerating showers to gently cleanse your whole body. The path continues with a traditional hydromassage or a Thalasso-therapeutic bath in the pool with salt from the Dead Sea. Your mind and spirit will also be pampered as you are welcomed to the Temple of Peace for a delicate Japanese tea.
Ideal for: 
Forget all about stress and immerse yourself in a unique experience of wellbeing that lasts throughout your holiday.
What you need to know: 
  • Entrance to the Spa is reserved for adults over the age of 18 years.
  • The use of the sauna and Turkish bath is not recommended for individuals with heart problems or high blood pressure, those under the influence of alcohol, pregnant women or people undergoing medical treatment. Use of the facilities is at the patron's own risk.
  • It is mandatory to wear appropriate swimwear.
  • Access permitted from 8am to 10pm (with no limits to daily admissions)
-64%DISCOUNT
Price:US$ 350.00 US$ 126.00

We have found on recent cruises that the room service menu for Premium has changed somewhat and in MHO not as good. Anyone else noticed?

There are less options included ‘for free’, more items now with a surcharge and the quality of the breakfast items ie. quality of yoghurts, cereals etc. has dropped.

Thanks envy4u   Just booked cruise and spa for Dec 12 departure!!  I will have a complete review for you when I get home.  A few weeks before you leave on the same cruise!  give me a list of info you want.  We ended up staying with classic balcony with drink package.  I am so excited!!!  doing the happy dance.  I know we will love this cruise!

4 hours ago, envy4u said:

64% off. Good deal on spa 

Is that a good deal?  Hard to tell from the packages what's all included.  I'm having the same issues with some of the other packages and trying to decide if we want to do them (ice cream, delicacies, etc).  

Would love some insight into what all is included with these things.  Like for the spa, what does this package mean, and, is it really worth the $126?

We usually do the spa package on NCL and pay a lot more than this, this is an amazing price and the Spa looks wonderful.  It is a wonderful place to relax and is usually pretty quiet.  You do your own thing, pool, hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms, and heated lounger to read and relax on.  It does not include any treatments.  For us it is just what the Dr. ordered!!  

But I am having the same issue trying to figure out the other packages.  We love Crepes and ice cream does anyone know how much they cost individually and what time they are served.  Is the package a good savings.  Also wondering about the 4D movie package.  Has anyone seen a price sheet for all the extras?

4 hours ago, wow said:

Thanks envy4u   Just booked cruise and spa for Dec 12 departure!!  I will have a complete review for you when I get home.  A few weeks before you leave on the same cruise!  give me a list of info you want.  We ended up staying with classic balcony with drink package.  I am so excited!!!  doing the happy dance.  I know we will love this cruise!

Great news! Look forward to reading your review. Guess biggest question is if it’s really true that the meals in the main dining room is truly awful. Otherwise, we will just eat in the specialty restaurants. I’ll let you know if we get upgraded. You do the same. Now we have to start researching what to do in the ports of call. We have been to all except Amber Cove and Honduras.