Enchantment Drydock?

3 minutes ago, SRF said:

Do it soon.

She leaves the fleet March 26, 2021.

We have two booked on her, and I will probably squeeze in at least one or two more.  Mainly to get a Lady G crystal block.

Thanks we’re looking at mid summer 2020.  My wife is a teacher so we’re relegated to holidays and summer.  😞

Dan

39 minutes ago, SRF said:

Do it soon.

She leaves the fleet March 26, 2021.

We have two booked on her, and I will probably squeeze in at least one or two more.  Mainly to get a Lady G crystal block.

I would love to trade one for an Oasis or Freedom block.

Edited by retiredgram

14 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Thanks we’re looking at mid summer 2020.  My wife is a teacher so we’re relegated to holidays and summer.  😞

Dan

My SO was a teacher, so had the same issue.  She changed jobs last spring.

So we canceled our July 2020 Bermuda/Bahamas and changed to a Sept 2020 NE/Canada cruise.

• 1 year later...
On 10/30/2019 at 9:52 AM, SRF said:

I thought I read Enchantment is scheduled for next fall.  Not long before the move to Baltimore.

She just left on her way to Cadiz. 

Biker, who finds reviewing older threads interesting. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

She just left on her way to Cadiz. 

Biker, who finds reviewing older threads interesting. 

Do you know, general maintenance & touch ups? or are things actually getting added/changed? 
Im scheduled on her next summer when she's doing the Bermuda routes from Baltimore  

We were docked next to the enchantment of the seas in st Maarten. She was looking pretty rusty and shabby. I’m hoping she receives a thorough refresh before moving to Baltimore. I’m looking forward to cruising from Baltimore since it’s close to home. 

6 minutes ago, ymncruise said:

We were docked next to the enchantment of the seas in st Maarten. She was looking pretty rusty and shabby. I’m hoping she receives a thorough refresh before moving to Baltimore. I’m looking forward to cruising from Baltimore since it’s close to home. 

I was on the Enchantment twice. That 75 foot extra section gives it an edge over the others in class. Massive extra public space with a great Lido Deck. However, if maintenance is needed and a few million more dollars are needed, do it! The Royal Caribbean Solariums on the smaller ships need to have the glass ceiling removed. Otherwise it is like a half sauna in the warmer climates. Enchantment has this bouncing device they tie to you with bungee cords as to jump up and down that was closed both times I was there. Get rid of it. They got the Lido deck. Make it the shining jewel. 83 thousand tons of 4 ships less of the class. One is 75 thousand and two other 77 thousand tons. 

34 minutes ago, florida eagle said:

Enchantment has this bouncing device they tie to you with bungee cords as to jump up and down that was closed both times I was there. Get rid of it

Have you heard of Skypad? RCI is adding them, not removing them. 

22 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Have you heard of Skypad? RCI is adding them, not removing them. 

Skypad is different. A poster has typed bungee trampoline. On Enchantment if that what what was meant, it is a small area on one side of the ship. And it was closed both times I was on the ship for cruises every day. Definitely wind may affect it or there was not much concern for it. 

Enchantment of the Seas is currently on her way to the shipyard in Cadiz, Spain, scheduled to arrive on August 18, 2021.  Her first revenue sailing is now scheduled for December 23, 2021.  We are booked for a 12 night Caribbean sailing on March 5, 2022.  Hopefully she will get maintenance, painting, etc. so that she is all set to resume sailing out of Baltimore as planned.  Enchantment had been doing 3 and 4 night sailings from Florida when Grandeur of the Seas replaced her in Baltimore. Grandeur was to have been sold to Pulmantur, but the company filed for Bankruptcy soon after Covid hit. Grandeur is currently scheduled to sail out of Nassau.  We sailed Enchantment previously from Baltimore during the winter months which is why keeping the glass enclosure over the solarium is essential. 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, vagolferbob said:

Any update on status or potential enhancements, especially with the Legend coming to Baltimore?

She’s still in Cadiz, don’t recall seeing any info on work being done but she seems to have there longer than a “regular “ maintenance dry dock. 

• Thanks 1

What is this about Legend coming to Baltimore?

Why would RCI buy back a ship that they sold almost 5 years ago, when they were in the process of selling Grandeur???

And why would they buy back a ship that has the additional hull inspections required of older ships???

And bring back a ship that is almost 600 passengers smaller than the Grandeur, again, that they were also selling????

Edited by SRF