Would You Trans-Atlantic Again?

6 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I like your idea.  Many of the ships have become so resort like that marketing them as a "resort vacation at sea" could be possible.  I would hope that if such an arrangement happened, in the interest of those guests that are b2b guests, the entertainment and menu offerings in the MDR could be alternated.  

I'll expand on your idea a bit by suggesting a Florida-Caribbean type of itinerary.  A 7-10 day cruise to a port that has an airport that could accommodate those guests that might want to fly to/from that port.  Florida to San Juan; Florida to St. Maarten; Florida to Cozumel, etc.  As part of the itinerary, scenic cruising around some of the islands in the vicinity.

The cruise companies might benefit from some creative itinerary planning and marketing.

Great idea RK.  The only problem would be picking up a new compliment of pax while in port.  They would have to fly in and go through a lot of testing.  With the transatlantic theory you can take on a new compliment of pax in Europe to sail to Miami.  If say, MSC, had two ships reaching Miami while another 2 ships reach Barcelona or Rome they could exchange entertainers while in port.  That would keep 4 ships sailing back and forth.  Hmmmm...this might work.  These would be 14 day sailings.  Hey...it’s a start!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

The only problem would be picking up a new compliment of pax while in port.  They would have to fly in and go through a lot of testing.

Did not think about the testing situation.  Maybe, though, if our society gets to the point where testing is no longer needed?  

Just today, I read a newspaper article that described in more detail just where the testing swab needs to really go in one's nose to attempt to get a hopeful accurate sample.  I am not looking forward to the time if I ever need to be tested!

14 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Did not think about the testing situation.  Maybe, though, if our society gets to the point where testing is no longer needed?  

If we wait that long all the cruise lines will be out of business.  We need a bridge to get us from here and now to the point that you are hoping for.  

• Like 1