LIVE - B2B 10/26 and 11/2 Halloween, Birthday, and President's Cruise

aring75

4 minutes ago, tomservo said:

What kind of cabana do you have?

We are in a Chill Island Cabana. Booked it a long time back when they were only $299.

Jeffrey, our attendant came by a little while ago apologizing profusely because he thought our cabana was going to be handled by another person. Not sure why since he was the one who brought us here and he introduced himself as our attendant, lol. I think he just got overwhelmed with other groups (there are a couple of larger ones). But he obviously feels bad and has been trying to make up for his absence. 

We are just happy to relax in the warm Bahama breezes. No worries. I’ve burned off some of my drink calories walking through that beach sand back and forth to the bar. 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aring75 said:

I think our cabana attendant just forgot that we are here. Over two and a half hours later, we still hadn’t seen him. 

We went and got lunch at the “Chill Grill.” The fries are fantastic, but the burger looks a lot better than it tastes. 

We ended up with the exact same situation at Chill Island last June.  Got showed to our cabana...and never saw our attendant.  Finally had to search for her to order lunch, and an hour later...still no show.  We finally got up and went to the buffet also.  

Manager came by later and asked how we were doing...I told him.  He compensated us with a round of free drinks. Whoopee... I am happy not to book one of those again, though we did enjoy the beach.  

If you are still there...and have some leftover french fries...walk into the water.  You will find some very tame fish ready to help you sample them.  😄  Don't need to put on snorkel gear or put your head in the water to see them!  Hope your ear infection heals quickly.  Loving your review!  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

We ended up with the exact same situation at Chill Island last June.  Got showed to our cabana...and never saw our attendant.  Finally had to search for her to order lunch, and an hour later...still no show.  We finally got up and went to the buffet also.  

Manager came by later and asked how we were doing...I told him.  He compensated us with a round of free drinks. Whoopee... I am happy not to book one of those again, though we did enjoy the beach.  

If you are still there...and have some leftover french fries...walk into the water.  You will find some very tame fish ready to help you sample them.  😄  Don't need to put on snorkel gear or put your head in the water to see them!  Hope your ear infection heals quickly.  Loving your review!  

I am very happy we didn’t spend more. We have definitely enjoyed having the padded lounger, the great shade, and the ceiling fan. But, like you, we are one and done. If we do Coco Cay next week, we will find a couple of loungers under an umbrella. And hoping I can snorkel by then. 

We have seen huge schools of sergeant majors and French grunts in the lagoon area. They definitely seem to equate people with food. 😀

• Like 1

15 hours ago, aring75 said:

Flying is terrible for my ears too. My doctor has actually told me that anytime I have a flight coming up, I should take Sudafed (or a similar decongestant) the day before, the day of, and the day after my flight. This has helped immensely. 

Have you ever tried EarPlanes?  My late hubby had a perforated ear drum and swore by them.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, island lady said:

We have had a sudden decrease of them here in "the swamp".  Now I know where they have all gone...can't blame them, you have a much higher end chunk of real estate to set up camp in.  😄 

Perhaps your gators have been feasting on the critters!!!! We may need to import some gators from your swamp.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Your Cabana Concierge will take your food and beverage orders, and serve you throughout the day.

That is a text straight from the description page of chill island cabanas. It will be just me and my husband. And we will have the drink pkg. And boy can my hubby down the beers,  especially on a hot sunny day

I paid more than you $381. And I plan on tipping at the end of my stay. But if we are not served I will not be walking to the bar. I will be hunting some one down. 

Service is included in the price. By now they should have worked out the "bugs"  And should be able to staff the area appropriately. 

This is why cc is so great. I now know to let my concierge know I expect to be served drinks. Basically ordering one as soon as we arrive. And let him or her know I will get my own food. 

57 minutes ago, aring75 said:

I’ve burned off some of my drink calories walking through that beach sand back and forth to the bar. 😂

. 😂

We try to book cabins all the way aft for the same reason - burn off those calories so we can get a second dessert from the long buffet line!!!! 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

Your Cabana Concierge will take your food and beverage orders, and serve you throughout the day.

That is a text straight from the description page of chill island cabanas. It will be just me and my husband. And we will have the drink pkg. And boy can my hubby down the beers,  especially on a hot sunny day

I paid more than you $381. And I plan on tipping at the end of my stay. But if we are not served I will not be walking to the bar. I will be hunting some one down. 

Service is included in the price. By now they should have worked out the "bugs"  And should be able to staff the area appropriately. 

This is why cc is so great. I now know to let my concierge know I expect to be served drinks. Basically ordering one as soon as we arrive. And let him or her know I will get my own food. 

We looked for our attendant for probably an hour before we finally decided to just do it ourselves. After that, we did lunch and two more rounds of drinks before we ever found him. I‘m happy he apologized, but I intend to let guest services or the shore excursion dept know that they dropped the ball on this one. 

I’m annoyed and we paid $300. Can you imagine if they don’t get it right for the people who paid $1200 for those President’s Cruise cabanas?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LESLIEKURZ said:

Have you ever tried EarPlanes?  My late hubby had a perforated ear drum and swore by them.

3 minutes ago, wolfganghowell said:

I second Ear Planes.  I forgot that is part of my ritual.  They absolutely help.  Most pharmacies carry them and most airport stores sell them too.

So I just looked these up, I am definitely going to try these. Thanks!! 👍

41 minutes ago, aring75 said:

I’m annoyed and we paid $300. Can you imagine if they don’t get it right for the people who paid $1200 for those President’s Cruise cabanas?

Currently going for $999 on my random October cruise. Can you imagine! The nerve! 😆

image.png.4edea80f3ca49ab9fd43e8728d10ac1e.png

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, tomservo said:

Currently going for $999 on my random October cruise. Can you imagine! The nerve! 😆

image.png.4edea80f3ca49ab9fd43e8728d10ac1e.png

Maybe they will appear on a Royal Up offer in the future...............you can upgrade from a chair and umbrella to a cabana - bids start at $800.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

Maybe they will appear on a Royal Up offer in the future...............you can upgrade from a chair and umbrella to a cabana - bids start at $800.

I have a pool in my backyard with a deck ,lounger and umbrella, be a very long time before I ever clicked on the : Add to Cart !!

That's a crazy high price................

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, suesnake2002 said:

I think they are charging that much to justify this:

Screenshot_20191101-185027.jpg

We already told our three adult kids to save up, we're all going on a cruise to celebrate our 50th anniversary in 2022; however, Dad is not paying.  Maybe they'll want to split one of these and treat us!

34 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Lets see - rent a floating cabana for a day OR go on another 7 day cruise................difficult choices!!!!!!

Different strokes. 

Let’s back on track to the Live review folks. I can’t wait to see what this week brings. 

• Like 4