3 full days in Bermuda?

mets07

32 minutes ago, salty dingo said:

Arrived at 9 am day one, full day two, back on board 2:30 day three.

Hi, 9am is tons better than 5pm which is when we are arriving (same cruise - 7 days from NYC on Escape).  So we are arriving 8 hours later. 

We are clearly going to live with it, but disappointing. 

Thanks to all who responded. 

8 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Why do you think that it took "way too long" and you wasted time? The NCL ferry between Dockyard and St. George doesn't take very much longer than the public ferry, so the difference in travel time would hardly put a dent into someone's activities for the day.

Now if you mean that the public ferry's schedule was better suited to your personal schedule that's another thing, but that doesn't make the public ferries "better" . 

Saying the public ferry was free after you buy the pass is like saying your car is free because you paid for it before you drove off the dealer's lot. :classic_dry:

It took way too long because they pack way too many people on it.

The pay ferry goes the same route as the free ferry, so both take 45 minutes.

The public ferry would have been free because we bought the pass. There was no benefit in the free ferry for us, and we waited longer. We wanted to go all over the island, not just to St. George's so the pass was a no brainer. Much cheaper than pay as you go, if you go to see lots of places.

1 hour ago, salty dingo said:

It took way too long because they pack way too many people on it.

The pay ferry goes the same route as the free ferry, so both take 45 minutes.

The public ferry would have been free because we bought the pass. There was no benefit in the free ferry for us, and we waited longer. We wanted to go all over the island, not just to St. George's so the pass was a no brainer. Much cheaper than pay as you go, if you go to see lots of places.

My experience is that the NCL ferry to St. George takes a couple of minutes longer to make the trip than the public ferry, but that might vary depending on weather conditions and isn't really significant. 

Once again saying the public ferry is free after you buy the pass makes no more sense than saying anything you paid for is free when you actually paid for it. If you're drinking a bottle of beer you bought yesterday it isn't free just because you didn't pay for it the day you're drinking it. Since you paid for the pass it isn't free. 

Buying a two day pass isn't cheaper than paying as you go for everyone. For you, if you went a lot of places probably it was cheaper. It obviously depends on how many bus and ferry rides you're taking. I've been  a regular visitor to Bermuda for more than 30 years and these days I most often just buy tokens for the bus and ferry because for me paying per ride is cheaper than buying the pass. A two day pass costs $31.50 so the break even point versus tokens at $4.50 each is 7 individual bus and ferry rides. 6 or fewer rides over the two days and you'll be losing money on the deal. 8 or more rides and you'll be ahead of the game. Over a two day period I generally use no more than 4 tokens in total so it costs me $18, far less than the cost of a two day...plus I use the free NCL ferry to St. George...even if it is a touch slower.

By the way the best deal for some people would be to buy a book of 15 transportation tickets for $37.50. There are 15 tickets in a book and unlike the transportation pass you can share the ticket book with others.  They aren't sold at the Dockyard but you can buy them in Hamilton or St. George. it's a particularly good deal if you're going to St. George via the free NCL ferry. :classic_smile: Just pick up a book at the post office after you disembark the ferry.

Edited by njhorseman