Balcony cabin on the Eurodam (review)

ProfCruise

Happy weekend everyone!  I'm working on a full review of my sailing on the Eurodam, but I started by reviewing my balcony stateroom which (spoiler alert) turned out to be my favorite stateroom of all time.  Happy to also try to answer any questions you might have if you're booked in or considering a similar cabin.  Here's the review:  https://profcruise.com/review-of-a-balcony-cabin-on-the-eurodam/

Enjoyed your very in depth review and really enjoyed your writing style!! You have a lot of personality that makes your blog come to life! 
We have sailed on The Eurodam  several times to the Med and Caribbean some years back and she still has the same decor🙄 

Thank you and fair winds and smooth sailings in your future 

Denise😊

• Like 1

Thank you for the funny post. Your writing style is excellent. I especially liked the menus from all the bars. I will be on a 14-day NA cruise so I will lots of time to visit each one.  Cheers 🍷🍸

2 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Enjoyed your very in depth review and really enjoyed your writing style!! You have a lot of personality that makes your blog come to life! 
We have sailed on The Eurodam  several times to the Med and Caribbean some years back and she still has the same decor🙄 

Thank you and fair winds and smooth sailings in your future 

Denise😊

Thanks, Denise!  The decor could definitely use a bit of a refresh.  Happy sailing! 

22 hours ago, dot73 said:

Thank you for the funny post. Your writing style is excellent. I especially liked the menus from all the bars. I will be on a 14-day NA cruise so I will lots of time to visit each one.  Cheers 🍷🍸

Oh!  Drink lots for me 🍸and enjoy!!!

Very in-depth.  Thanks for posting.  Please post over on halfacts.com as well to increase the information on that site about the cabin and ship.  

I had to laugh when you turned the thermostat to the highest heat setting.  Where were you cruising?  Antarctica? 

• Like 1

Noticed the same thing about the safety message - not being able to change the channel from the repeating message, even after the muster drill. Cabin steward to the rescue!  Told us we just had to watch the message through once to the end.  After we did that the other programming (including the ship location maps, weather info, MDR dinner menus, etc.) was available.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HonorBright said:

Noticed the same thing about the safety message - not being able to change the channel from the repeating message, even after the muster drill. Cabin steward to the rescue!  Told us we just had to watch the message through once to the end.  After we did that the other programming (including the ship location maps, weather info, MDR dinner menus, etc.) was available.

Ah, mystery solved!  I'm booked again on the Eurodam for April, so this is great to know.  Thank you!

9 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Very in-depth.  Thanks for posting.  Please post over on halfacts.com as well to increase the information on that site about the cabin and ship.  

I had to laugh when you turned the thermostat to the highest heat setting.  Where were you cruising?  Antarctica? 

It is a bit odd to turn up the heat all the way and soak for hours in a hot bath on a cruise, I'll give you that.  But I'm nothing if not a bit odd.  LOL.  It was from Seattle to Vancouver in October, so it was pretty chilly. 

16 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Loved your review - great writing!  What I'd like to know, was which cabin received the razzie for the Worst Cabin ? ? ?

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Any cabin I only get to sleep in for 1 short night wins a razzie!  LOL.  Happy cruising!!!

• Haha 1

There’s a reason the balcony door won’t stay open.  If left open it messes up the temperature control for everybody!  I hope people don’t take your photo seriously and try to prop it open with the table!  Enjoyed your humorous approach to overnight cruising.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

There’s a reason the balcony door won’t stay open.  If left open it messes up the temperature control for everybody!  I hope people don’t take your photo seriously and try to prop it open with the table!  Enjoyed your humorous approach to overnight cruising.

You make a good point about temperature control.  Definitely something to keep in mind.  I mostly prefer the sliding style doors because I don't worry about them slamming on me, they tend to be easier to open and close, and they make it easier to haul my room service breakfast out there. 

22 hours ago, cruisehome said:

cant wait for your review   please post on here so we can see it

I am going on eurodam dec 1  so will be interested

thank you

carol

Will do!  You'll love the Eurodam.  I liked it so much, I booked it again for April!