White Party

parallax

2 minutes ago, parallax said:

My wife was wondering if there is a white party on a 7 night cruise.  She wants to pack appropriately for our upcoming cruise. Thanks.

It depends. The information should be shown on your cruise tickets if your cruise is within the next 6 weeks +/-.

34 minutes ago, beardedshark said:

What is the dress code for a white night?  Will a white jacket +/- a white tie do or do I need to take my cricket kit?

now that would be a sight to see - men and/or women in cricket whites and/or tennis whites!!!!!   Very summer social season, but probably not best suited to late evening!!!!

Anne...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beardedshark said:

What is the dress code for a white night?  Will a white jacket +/- a white tie do or do I need to take my cricket kit?

Really no dress code specific for the night.

It is done on a Crystal Casual night.

Some people know about it in advance either because they have sailed Crystal before or read about it in the before you cruise booklet that comes with the final cruise documents.

Some dress in something white for the evening while others do not.

Some are in all white. Others in pants or skirt in white or a blouse or shirt in white.

My wife always takes white pants with her on every cruise so she likely will wear pants that evening or sometimes black pants with a white top.  

I didn't take white pants prior to the introduction of white night but now I do.

It's not a dress up kind of evening.

The event is a dance mixer usually held around 10:30 PM or so at night.

Keith

1 hour ago, Flash G said:

Are these new? Sounds like they could be fun. 

They are relatively new.  The first White Night Extravanza was held on both ships on February 17 of 2018.  Both ships were in Sydney for the World Cruise and for those on the full World Cruise from both ships there was a special event on land and the attire was white.  After they returned to the ship each ship kicked off the White Night Extravaganza Party for all guests.  It now is a regular event.

Think of it as a mixer held in the Crystal Plaza.  There is dancing and the dance hosts are on hand with live music and sometimes additional entertainment along with the Cruise Director.  There is light food and some special "white" named drinks although you can order the same as you would at any of the lounges throughout the ship.  

Decorations go up in the wee hours and are in place throughout the day of the event.

Keith

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, beardedshark said:

I assume we are talking American pants, not English ones😁

I had to google this one.    🤔  We refer to English ones with a different name.  :classic_wink:

Yes, I would do American one rather than the English ones.   :classic_biggrin:  

Keith

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardedshark said:

I assume we are talking American pants, not English ones😁

One of my favorite stories-

Years ago, Summer and I were at a table (different line) with 3 couples from the UK.  I had had one of those days where I was quite content with myself, I had spent most of the day sitting poolside doing absolutely nothing  and had soaked up quite a bit of sun.  I shared with the table that I was seriously contemplating modifying my ideal vacation, one where pants were optional (think an over the water bungalow in Bora Bora).  After a round of bemused looks, and perhaps a chuckle or two, it was brought up that even through we were all speaking english, we were definitely speaking different languages.

I worked for an British Company for many years (Trust House Forte). Went across the pond several times a year. The language barrier was a lot of fun. At times I really could not understand some of the British statements and most of the time they could not understand my New Yorkese. It was a blast during social drinking times at the pubs. LOL

So very true. I met his grandson at the Red Bar and had to listen really close to what he was saying. Most of the time it did not register with me so I kept asking my British associate "What did he say?" lol It was an interesting evening especially after I had a few I could understand every word. lol

12 minutes ago, Bill Peters said:

Most of the time it did not register with me so I kept asking my British associate "What did he say?" lol It was an interesting evening especially after I had a few I could understand every word. lol

Aside from some pretty pronounced accents it’s often the meaning of particular expressions that can be perplexing and if you happen to strike Cockney rhyming slang you’d be completely confused