Luggage Forward

lindaanddon

Luggage direct was $25. per person when we used it last in FLL.   They sent our luggage from ship to our home airport. I’m not sure this is the service OP was asking about. (Maybe a door to ship/ship to door service)?? 

I have used luggage forward twice.  Once I sent my bag from the U. S.  to a cruise ship leaving from Yokohama.  Bag made it directly to our cabin fine.  Second time we had a bag taken from the ship at the end of a cruise in Singapore and sent to the U.S.  We were directed to deliver the bag to the ship's  front desk.  We asked the cruise ship's front desk to confirm the arrangement.  It took the cruise staff several days to confirm this arrangement.  That bag made it to the US earlier than Luggage forward had promised.  No one was home, and they left the bag at our front door.  We were not notified before hand of the  early delivery date and had not made provisions for someone to be home when it was delivered.  It  arrived several days earlier than scheduled.  That was the only issue we had.  We did recieve an email it had been delivered. After reading the email we were able to have our house sitter come and get the bag inside. This could have been an issue, I didn't like that we had a large suitcase sitting on our front porch for most of the day.

I would use the company again.  We used the service as we were traveling on land by ourselves pre cruise and post cruise and didn't want to haul an extra bag around to mulitple destinations. 

We've used both Luggage Forward and Luggage Free.  With Luggage Free, they charge per pound.  But when we were in Boston, we kept calling, because there was no representative for Luggage Free, so we finally told them we were going to the hotel, and for them to pick it up there.  After we got home, we got charged a huge amount for the return shipping, and they never did produce the requested documentation for the weight.

We switched to Luggage Forward, and have used them ever since.  We usually have the bags shipped directly to the hotel, except for the last one where we shipped to Montreal.  Customs fouled up the shipment, and they decided to deliver it to our ship.  Actually, easier than we expected.  When we arrived at our room, the bags were waiting on the bed for us!  (We had a Neptune Suite that day.)

We've also had them picked up from the ship a few times.  Quite easy.  But we still have to find them in baggage claim and drag them through customs.  Not too bad, except in Vancouver when they didn't have any porters when we got off the ship.

Started doing this after DH broke his elbow only a few weeks before a cruise.  Found it so easy, we started doing it all the time.

We like being able to send it to the hotel, then call the hotel before we leave home to make sure it's arrived.

I’ve used Luggage Forward for 4 cruises so far and I’ve been pleased with the service.  I’m currently on the Amsterdam on the way to San Diego at the end of the Incan Empires cruise (we arrive there on Monday morning), and will be handing my bags over to them after going through US Customs at the terminal.  On an earlier cruise, I had the bags shipped to the ship in Vancouver, BC and they handled the Canadian Customs process, but they need to pick up the bags earlier when Customs clearance is involved (shipping from the US to outside the US).

They're not cheap, but they’re worth it to me so that I don’t have to wrangle luggage through multiple shuttles, airports, hotels, etc.  I travel solo and take mostly longer cruises (21+ days), so I usually have at least a couple of bags.

(Luggage Direct is a totally different service and handles only ship-to-airport transport in a few ports -- not full door-to-door service, home to ship/hotel to home.)

Edited by ArtsyCraftsy