Disembark

triona

I don't really want to ask as our cruise is not until 2020. What I wanted to know is what time will we have to leave the ship ( Grand Princess ) Dose it depend on cabin status or flight time back to the UK . As our flight is not until late afternoon we were thinking of taking our time in SF .  Thanks in advance for help.

1 hour ago, triona said:

I don't really want to ask as our cruise is not until 2020. What I wanted to know is what time will we have to leave the ship ( Grand Princess ) Dose it depend on cabin status or flight time back to the UK . As our flight is not until late afternoon we were thinking of taking our time in SF .  Thanks in advance for help.

There is no set time but if you want to get off late ask for the last group. We have never been on a ship past 9:00AM. however you never know !

Edited by Reader0108598

I second what Reader0108598 wrote! There is no set time that is dependent on cabin status. Speaking in terms of the Grand from earlier this month, you will have a disembarkation survey given to you before the end of the cruise where you select an option that best matches your plans for disembarkation day and if you don't like what was assigned to you, you can always ask the front desk if you could modify your time slot to one that more closely matches your needs. Those who wish to walk-off with their bags can generally walk-off at any time, despite the sheet telling you that walk-offs are the earliest off (a majority do walk off very early). Not sure if you're taking Grand cruises out of SF, Vancouver, or somewhere else as it will be going many places in 2020, but out of SF, there was a specific Princess transfer dedicated to UK flights that I noted on the disembarkation pamphlet given out. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

You can request any time you like up until the latest time which is is around 9:30am when all passengers must be off. Just request the time you want on the disembarkation form. On our last cruise we did not receive a disembarkation request form. This may be fleet wide or specific to that ship, don't know. Just speak with passenger services near the end of the cruise and request what you need. Princess also offers disembarkation tours which end at the airport. With the tours your luggage is stored on the tour bus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pam in CA said:

No matter what time you disembark the ship, you’re asked to leave your cabin by 8am so it can be cleaned and made up for the next passengers. 

And as noted above...EVERYONE has to clear the ship by around 9 or 9:30. In the US, the law requires the ship to be "cleared" by customs, etc. All passengers and crew have to be "zeroed", before the next passengers can board.

In September on the Caribbean Princess (Aug 19-Sept 4th cruise), the ship didn't send out the usual survey for disembarkation plans. I had to go to front desk because we had Princess transport to Newark and wanted to make sure we got the proper time to leave ship for the bus.It was noted. They just gave out luggage tags . Hope this doesn't happen fleet wide. Can cause huge lines with people needing to change tags and disembarkation times.

8 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

In September on the Caribbean Princess (Aug 19-Sept 4th cruise), the ship didn't send out the usual survey for disembarkation plans. I had to go to front desk because we had Princess transport to Newark and wanted to make sure we got the proper time to leave ship for the bus.It was noted. They just gave out luggage tags . Hope this doesn't happen fleet wide. Can cause huge lines with people needing to change tags and disembarkation times.

We experienced the same on the Caribbean. We had an appointment with a car service for pick up and required early walk off to meet the driver. Asked the supervisor at the desk how can they determine our plans on their own. No problems getting what we wanted, but thought the system was poor compared with the previous system. Mentioned same in the survey. Guess from now on we will have to speak with passenger services during the voyage.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

We experienced the same on the Caribbean. We had an appointment with a car service for pick up and required early walk off to meet the driver. Asked the supervisor at the desk how can they determine our plans on their own. No problems getting what we wanted, but thought the system was poor compared with the previous system. Mentioned same in the survey. Guess from now on we will have to speak with passenger services during the voyage.

I thought it odd too. Created ,more trouble than it was worth for passenger services. As I previously mentioned had tickets for Princess transportation and it mentioned all three airports on ticket not the one I was going to. When I went to passenger services I asked them if I didn't tell them, how would they know which airport bus to put passengers on and for them to have a proper passenger count when they order buses. person didn't even know what I meant so I just made sure they put us on the earliest bus to Newark. I didn't have EZ air.