Transport Buenos Aires Port to La Boca

t60

We do not want to use a taxi from the Port (been told they are deliberately over priced f or tourists), so where is the best place to get on a bus, not too sure about using trains although there is a station close to the port if I remember correctly

8 hours ago, t60 said:

We do not want to use a taxi from the Port (been told they are deliberately over priced f or tourists), so where is the best place to get on a bus, not too sure about using trains although there is a station close to the port if I remember correctly

You can check on Moovit. The cruise port is called Terminal de cruceros Benito Quinquela Martín.

On our last cruise, we just walked out of the terminal, turned left and walked two or three blocks to a main road and flagged down a cab. As long as it is a metered cab you will pay the same as anyone else.

31 minutes ago, Lunenburg said:

You can check on Moovit. The cruise port is called Terminal de cruceros Benito Quinquela Martín.

On our last cruise, we just walked out of the terminal, turned left and walked two or three blocks to a main road and flagged down a cab. As long as it is a metered cab you will pay the same as anyone else.

I'm assuming that that means that taxis can't come any closer than that?

It is also possible to walk out to the Retiro area where you can catch a bus to lots of places or get on the Subway--we did that last spring.  As long as the construction is going on, the area near the port will be a mess.  Cabs to the port are metered, cabs caught at the port charge much higher rates.

1 hour ago, mcmarya said:

It is also possible to walk out to the Retiro area where you can catch a bus to lots of places or get on the Subway--we did that last spring.  As long as the construction is going on, the area near the port will be a mess.  Cabs to the port are metered, cabs caught at the port charge much higher rates.

I'm just thinking about the insane exchange rate right now is it really MUCH higher?

5 hours ago, clo said:

I'm assuming that that means that taxis can't come any closer than that?

You will find many cabs at the port but they are not metered and will just give you a quote in dollars. We felt the quotes were excessive so decided to look for a metered one. I believe the cabs are charged extra to get into the port. 

5 minutes ago, clo said:

As they do in the US.

Do you remember a quote?  1000 pesos is about US$17.

Depends where you are going. We were going to the ferry terminal to Uruguay and had paid about $5 or 6 USD from that port to the cruise terminal, we were quoted $20 USD in reverse.

6 minutes ago, Lunenburg said:

Depends where you are going. We were going to the ferry terminal to Uruguay and had paid about $5 or 6 USD from that port to the cruise terminal, we were quoted $20 USD in reverse.

Thanks for that.  A big difference but not when compared to US taxi fares.

• 1 month later...