Non-stop flight Tokyo to Atlanta

GeorgesGal

8 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

What is VCR?

3 minutes ago, hapster85 said:
8 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:
What is VCR?

It's Carora, Venezuela. But I'm guessing the OP is actually talking about Vancouver (YVR).

Sorry, CruiserBruce, Hapster85 got it right!  Thanks, Hapster!!

17 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I've taken it in the past and will be taking it again this April. It's long. Other than that, much like every other flight...

Thanks for the input, cruisemom42, this is exactly what I was looking for.  Someone who has taken it and will do it again.  The other option was the 10 hour flight to LAX, overnighting, then the four hour flight to ATL, then home to PBI.

I've been on 11 hour flights from Venice to ATL and they were LONG, but I wasn't in business, which I will be booking for this flight.   Had a wonderful sleep on my flight to BCN in business, so I will book this direct flight on the first of Nov, which is when they open up for my trip home on 25 Sep 2020.

Again, thanks bunches!

Donna

25 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

Thanks for the input, cruisemom42, this is exactly what I was looking for.  Someone who has taken it and will do it again.  The other option was the 10 hour flight to LAX, overnighting, then the four hour flight to ATL, then home to PBI.

I've been on 11 hour flights from Venice to ATL and they were LONG, but I wasn't in business, which I will be booking for this flight.   Had a wonderful sleep on my flight to BCN in business, so I will book this direct flight on the first of Nov, which is when they open up for my trip home on 25 Sep 2020.

Again, thanks bunches!

Donna

You're welcome. I generally prefer to just get the flying over with rather than have a layover, but others feel differently. If you can sleep, it's not terrible.

Just now, cruisemom42 said:

You're welcome. I generally prefer to just get the flying over with rather than have a layover, but others feel differently. If you can sleep, it's not terrible.

You feel exactly as I do!  Let's get it over with.  I will, however, be. staying over in ATL as I don't want to get to PBI at ten p.m. and then get my ride home.  Usually take a 1230 flight out of ATL to PBI

Just another thought as we recently flew from Japan.  There are direct nonstop flights on Air Canada to Both YVR and YYC Calgary from Tokyo.  From  Calgary there is a non stop west jet to FLL.  So flights would be about 9 hours and then another 4 and a half hours.   

Delta long haul flights from Asia to the US  (and vice versa) in a 777 are pretty much fungible. You are a metal tube, in your designated class of service with the accompanying amenities. The major difference between originating in Japan or originating in Hong Kong (as we will soon) is that one will have some Japanese speaking flight attendants and meal options and the other will have Chinese speaking flight attendants and meal options.

Go to youtube and search for "Delta business class 777" and get exacting detail about  your upcoming flight in business class.  Start here:

On 10/28/2019 at 2:01 PM, GeorgesGal said:

I'll be cruising VCR to Japan next September and I notice that Delta has non-stop flights from Tokyo to Atlanta.  Has anyone any experience with this flight?

Yes.  What do you want to know?

18 hours ago, GeorgesGal said:

I've been on 11 hour flights from Venice to ATL and they were LONG, but I wasn't in business, which I will be booking for this flight.  

Business class will make all the difference.  I was in coach when I did it and won't do that again; it's just too long of a flight for me to be in coach seating. I'd do it in Delta One though.

4 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

Business class will make all the difference.  I was in coach when I did it and won't do that again; it's just too long of a flight for me to be in coach seating. I'd do it in Delta One though.

Thanks, waterbug123, Business is the way I'll be booking.  It made all the difference on my last flight to Europe in September!  A blissful 6 hour sleep for a change.

12 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Just a reminder-a direct flight is not the same as a non stop flight. 

Yes, purduemom1, I realize that and that is really what I was asking about.  Should have posted it that way but I guess I was having a senior moment or thought everyone would instinctively know what my brain was thinking!