gma cruiser

rhodges

We are going to Costa Maya on a cruise this January, 2020, and are looking for information on local cruise excursions.  Thanks!  This is my first time to post anything on here but appreciate any information you might have.  We are looking for something other than a beach excursion.  

Thanks for the info.  I will try to google Native Tours.  We are also going to the following ports:  Belise, Ocho Rios in Jamacia, Grand Caymon, and Honduras.  Does anyone have suggestions for excursions at any of those ports.  We sail on January 17, 2020.  Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  Keep reading and you’ll find lots of information in the respective port of call forums for those ports.  Here are mine.  

Belize, go on the ship tour to Lamanai.

Jamaica, zip lining or stay on the ship

Grand Cayman, CaptainMarvin to Stingray City

Honduras, if you mean Roatan, check Victor Bodden’s website for options including touring the island and going to West End Village for good food, snorkel West Bay Beach, snorkel Half Moon Bay, head to Temporary Cal’s for lunch.  

Good luck to you!

Belize has an excursion that included a boat ride in the river Wallace, lunch, then on to Altun Ha (Mayan Ruins). BUT Belize also has cave tubing. Butts Up cave tubing is fun also. Don't miss getting a killer tropical drink at the Wet Lizard on the dock of Belize. They don't scrimp on the booze. For Roatan, I 2nd the motion to get with Victor Bodden tours. My wife and I have used Victor 4 times. You get a driver and you pick the activities. Victor's site has a number of suggestions, but you are the boss of the day's activities. Snorkeling off the beach in front of the Grand Roatan Hotel is the best around. We like Soto's Cruises on Grand Cayman for swimming with the Sting Rays. We have used them 4 or 5 times. Always fun. Grand Cayman also has a turtle farm that's cool. My endorsements of these activities come from probably 15 or so Caribbean cruises. The western Caribbean is my favorite itinerary and like to do it often. In fact we are doing it again Feb 2 on the MSC Meraviglia and will use Victor Bodden again.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2019 at 12:56 PM, rhodges said:

Thanks for the info.  I will try to google Native Tours.  We are also going to the following ports:  Belise, Ocho Rios in Jamacia, Grand Caymon, and Honduras.  Does anyone have suggestions for excursions at any of those ports.  We sail on January 17, 2020.  Thanks!

We used King David  https://www.altournativebelizeservices.com/

Our group of 7 adults had the best time seeing Altun Ha Mayan Ruins. He has several other tours to choose from and you can work with him to make the perfect tour. He can also be found on facebook  https://www.facebook.com/kingdavidbelizetours

He usually gets back to your really quickly. We will be using him again. Next time maybe doing river tubing and Lamai Ruins? So many choices. Might have to come back and do a land tour!