Captain on Azura

reece.twigg-white

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Clodia said:

I had quite a long chat with him when he was on Aurora last year. He has moved to Azura as it's a family ship and he has children. I think he's a really nice man.

I like him!  We had a lovely chat with him just before he left Aurora in September.  There is an added bonus for us, as he lives just a couple of miles away from us we always know how far away from home because he tells you in his daily update how far away from Derbyshire we are!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Waju said:

I like him!  We had a lovely chat with him just before he left Aurora in September.  There is an added bonus for us, as he lives just a couple of miles away from us we always know how far away from home because he tells you in his daily update how far away from Derbyshire we are!

That's strange, he was leaving Aurora in June when we were aboard, he said to join Azura? 

He must have had a break and went back on for a short while. 

Andy 

We quite like Neil Turnbull.  Saw him wandering around the ship several times on our Azura transatlantic last month.  Also saw him on quayside at Antigua talking with pax after we arrived 2 hours late, making himself available to anyone who wanted to whinge.  Also saw him on the quayside at Saint Vincent chatting to pax soon after arrival.  The only other captain I've seen so visible to pax is Robert Camby.  Another captain we quite like.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

That's strange, he was leaving Aurora in June when we were aboard, he said to join Azura? 

He must have had a break and went back on for a short while. 

Andy 

Strange, yes he left Aurora mid cruise (New York I think) when we were on in September.

He was on our last cruise on Azura and we really liked him. He was very visible and seemed like a really nice bloke.

(On threads like this we always want to mention our favourite Captain, Andy Willard - great Captain :-) )