Revolutionized Penthouse Suite on Celebrity Millenium

girljerk

We just got back from the September 6th Vancouver to Japan sailing of the Celebrity Millenium about a month ago. It was an amazing trip and the ship is beautiful and fresh. Our butler, Nelson, did a great job anticipating our wants and needs. We stayed in the Penthouse Suite room 6147. Before this sailing I was searching for photos of the room and had difficulty finding many good pictures. I was able to see someone’s posting before our recent trip of the Summit’s Penthouse Suite which was nice. She shared a lot of great pics which gave us an idea of what to expect. I want to pay it forward and share some of our own pictures. In particular, there have been some changes to the balcony furniture since the original revolution which are particularly nice. We loved the balcony and feel the furniture arrangement was perfect and a much better use of the space than the pre-revolution furniture. The newer decor makes the room much brighter which was nice. There are only two things I would change. One is the uncomfortable, round statement chair which took the place of the piano. When a person sits in it, their head is angle in a very uncomfortable way which creates painful stress on the neck. Also, it is difficult for a person to get out of the seat. The other thing I would change would be the balcony hot tub. It is extremely shallow for one person, let alone two to sit in. There is enough space for a larger tub on the balcony and it would be nice if Celebrity put in a more usable tub for two. Please enjoy. 

09962175-1996-42C9-A563-46AD8AADFCD5.jpeg

8FCEF1B3-461B-42C4-B99D-8B1F329812AC.jpeg

C4C2EE6B-5AB3-47F8-88BC-C5CF6CBAF49F.jpeg

9ABB3FF5-7D6D-4E46-ABB4-91D31529243A.jpeg

7B65BC65-E195-43F5-A69F-4C0B41D69D68.jpeg

909A4940-D5A5-47F4-9E7B-0A7D98F00BA0.jpeg

7CF9A4A6-935F-473D-90A2-49F0B876522A.jpeg

DE8381A2-CA26-4909-B68C-FB706EAECA76.jpeg

9DFBBD43-1E13-475C-92D4-2CCB814F0BF3.jpeg

2D90FF55-68D0-4952-AF8D-BD49ACC89188.jpeg

80B4A3DB-99A1-4E52-91F1-648DAB29AB2E.jpeg

D2A457E2-4DA6-44DA-9551-CC7492EDF69A.jpeg

8F47EC42-3520-463A-B8AD-A56A465D882F.jpeg

68B49F50-6D97-4CF6-8948-900D518DFCAC.jpeg

7E7A0C59-FE4B-4408-8C17-B7C268FE85C3.jpeg

62008B4D-C0B1-4794-8F12-7EF58594A810.jpeg

95AB1DC0-4E8F-4C84-9971-186E0FBFF4CA.jpeg

91D9A820-DC08-43B2-B4DD-A21213D40FBF.jpeg

70762D7A-9FA4-4E0F-BB2D-18F3098837F9.jpeg

5AD31ABA-C6C9-4D83-8FBF-9420ECF6C026.jpeg

FAFEAFD2-6E89-4EF1-B46F-7D80435FC410.jpeg

CF9751A1-1BA7-4C88-BE1A-D2298EAB5B95.jpeg

DA41E0F2-1FA6-4884-A82F-9AB7A03F0426.jpeg

1A99AA32-8FDD-42E4-AC25-49DEDDF96AEE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, hcat said:

Very nice photos.....they do nicely show the small size spa/ hot tub  and thd chair with no arms...

Did that big refrigetator come stocked with food and bevs?

Hcat-The Refrigerator is stocked with your drinks of choice. We typically like to have Perrier’s, still water, beer, wine and some drink mixers like orange and cranberry juice. You can order from most of the restaurants and the room service menu and also keep food in the refrigerator if you want. We had our butler bring fruit and cheese daily which we stored there. 

3 hours ago, sheffield said:

Was there a table to eat at on the balcony? I’m sorry but chairs without arms do not do it for me, I find them dreadfully uncomfortable and difficult to get up off. 
I did like the color scheme throughout..

Sheffield - there is a table with seating for at least 7. The black chairs have arms. The other seating is on couches. I’ve attached a close up. 

E3CC3E55-192B-414E-AE4A-F602C391B218.jpeg

2 hours ago, koolforkatz said:

I was also on this cruise and just want to thank you again for including your gorgeous cabin in the cabin crawl. The closest I'll ever come to being in a penthouse suite 🙂

It was really nice to meet you. We had a very active group on this cruise. It was a nice group of fun people. I’m glad you enjoyed the tour. We did too. There have been a lot of interesting design changes ship wide. 

24 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

Not to my taste (a bit bland) but glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the pics.

I think pictures don’t do it justice. When I first saw the pictures posted by another CC member,  I thought the same thing, but, withheld judgement until I experienced it. We have stayed in room 6147 on Infinity, pre-retrofit so we know what it looked like before. Other than what I mentioned earlier, the new configuration is a great improvement and change on the old, dated decor. It is really hard to see the depth and textures of the monochromatic color scheme via photographs. Of course, everyone has different tastes. I, for one, am glad that Celebrity continues to upgrade in order to keep up with the times. Sometimes it is necessary to reinvent oneself in order to stay relevant and I am sure that was a part of their thought process going into these changes. I liked some of the solstice changes and some not so much. I miss the Bistro on 5, but, I’ve come to enjoy Sushi on five as well. Now we are on to ”Edgification”. In my world, new experiences are why I travel, so, I was excited by the revolution reinvention  and looked forward to it. I was more than pleased with the results. I loved the Retreat and the Retreat Sundeck changes. My absolute favorite part of the PH was the balcony. The space was utilized in a much more functional and comfortable way. Even on cold Drizzly days, I was able to nap on the oversized daybeds outside the bedroom slider door.  

Edited by girljerk

Thanks for the phographs!

We enjoyed two cruises in the Millie PH a few years ago. The balcony is wonderful and has far more and varied furnishings than we had! How heavy is that table? Can it be moved from the covered area into the sun?

Inside it looks bright and fresh...The entrance area has lost its wow, though, it used to be quite glitzy!

The big mistake with booking an M class PH is no balcony will ever match up to it! Whilst we prefer  the S class ships and prefer the S class inside space PH space the long, thin balcony is no match for the M class.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, girljerk said:

I, for one, am glad that Celebrity continues to upgrade in order to keep up with the times.In my world, new experiences are why I travel, so, I was excited by the revolution reinvention  and looked forward to it.

Great post!

Wonderful pictures!

Thanks!  🙂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, girljerk said:

You won’t regret it! It was quite the treat.

We booked the PH for our November cruise on Equinox.  Be interesting to compare the 2, although Equinox has not been totally Revolutionized.  I think it still has the piano.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chemmo said:

We enjoyed two cruises in the Millie PH a few years ago. The balcony is wonderful and has far more and varied furnishings than we had! How heavy is that table? Can it be moved from the covered area into the sun?

Inside it looks bright and fresh...The entrance area has lost its wow, though, it used to be quite glitzy!

The big mistake with booking an M class PH is no balcony will ever match up to it! Whilst we prefer  the S class ships and prefer the S class inside space PH space the long, thin balcony is no match for the M class.

Hi Chemmo,

All of the furniture on the balcony is very heavy except the pillows. We went through some rough seas on our way to Japan and nothing went overboard. I secured the pillows before the rocking and rolling started, 😂. I agree, the PH on M class is the best in the fleet. I love the kitchen and the huge balcony. Of course, there are more restaurants and night activities on the S class ships. We are booked in a PH on Eclipse for a March sailing from Chile. I will miss the balcony and the full sized refrigerator with ice, 😢. Yea, the floor medallion in the foyer, pre-revolution was nice. Actually, what I miss most was the shelf in the foyer which is where I used to put my key card, 😂. I used the desk in the living room instead. 

12 hours ago, chemmo said:

Entrance area is definitely missing its wow.  Told you you were entering some place special.  Now you could be going to K-Mart or a doctor's office.  Cannot believe they tore up that gorgeous floor.

Glad to see they have thrown the toadstools posing as chairs at the balcony table overboard.

We are excited for our PH on Summit in under two months... and your pictures only added to that feeling.  We were in her PH when the bathrooms had just been redone... but now this new overhaul will make it a new experience yet again.

But, guess what, we'll miss the piano.  I know it was a bear to upkeep... but there was something just so frivolous, lighthearted, and awesome about playing the piano in one's own stateroom on a sea day.  Ah, well... at least we have the smiles and memories of it.

Thanks for those great photos.

2 hours ago, girljerk said:

Hi Chemmo,

All of the furniture on the balcony is very heavy except the pillows. We went through some rough seas on our way to Japan and nothing went overboard. I secured the pillows before the rocking and rolling started, 😂. I agree, the PH on M class is the best in the fleet. I love the kitchen and the huge balcony. Of course, there are more restaurants and night activities on the S class ships. We are booked in a PH on Eclipse for a March sailing from Chile. I will miss the balcony and the full sized refrigerator with ice, 😢. Yea, the floor medallion in the foyer, pre-revolution was nice. Actually, what I miss most was the shelf in the foyer which is where I used to put my key card, 😂. I used the desk in the living room instead. 

Enjoy the Eclipse, we cruised in her PH a couple of years ago to Norway. My vivid memory is seeing the suite as a ‘decadence of light and space’....I took a hot water bottle with me and asked for a kettle and blankets in the room so I could still cuddle up on a sunbed on the veranda and enjoy the views....Might be useful for some parts of your cruise if you are heading South...

Hope you enjoy!

31 minutes ago, MaggieAtSea said:

We are excited for our PH on Summit in under two months... and your pictures only added to that feeling.  We were in her PH when the bathrooms had just been redone... but now this new overhaul will make it a new experience yet again.

But, guess what, we'll miss the piano.  I know it was a bear to upkeep... but there was something just so frivolous, lighthearted, and awesome about playing the piano in one's own stateroom on a sea day.  Ah, well... at least we have the smiles and memories of it.

The piano was a great place to put your decadent box of chocolates, a compulsory purchase before a PH cruise...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Entrance area is definitely missing its wow.  Told you you were entering some place special.  Now you could be going to K-Mart or a doctor's office.  Cannot believe they tore up that gorgeous floor.

Glad to see they have thrown the toadstools posing as chairs at the balcony table overboard.

The square blocks are still there, they have just been repurposed. They are being used as tables instead of seating. This function works much better.

1DED91D2-F4D0-4C77-9D20-613500164F60.jpeg

C695A50A-93C8-48A7-846B-65CFA02E7983.jpeg

1 hour ago, MaggieAtSea said:

I also play a little and missed the piano. The chair is pretty much useless. I hope they replace it with comfortable seating if some sort. Enjoy your trip on Summit. 

59 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Enjoy the Eclipse, we cruised in her PH a couple of years ago to Norway. My vivid memory is seeing the suite as a ‘decadence of light and space’....I took a hot water bottle with me and asked for a kettle and blankets in the room so I could still cuddle up on a sunbed on the veranda and enjoy the views....Might be useful for some parts of your cruise if you are heading South...

Hope you enjoy!

Haha, that is part of my permanent list of requests for the butler on the first day. Great minds think alike. I got the idea from someone on one of these threads. I have a printed copy I hand to the butler on the first day to make it easier for both of us. I always request throw blankets and towels for the furniture. It was cold on our trip to Japan, but, we were still able to enjoy cozy naps on the balcony with our blankets. 

We absolutely love the PH on the M Class.  We would, however, miss the piano as we used it often on our several trips.  The new fresh furniture looks lovely.  Also love the additional balcony furniture.  Looking forward to our next PH cruise.  Thanks for the photos

• Like 1