Punta Gorda Rocking: A New Cruise Craze?

Georgia_Peaches

On 10/29/2019 at 4:08 PM, mom says said:

That seems more like littering to me. I've seen similar stunts where people were leaving these things in national parks or on beaches. No bueno.

Hold on. You think leaving a naturally formed piece of Earth - a rock- in a port is littering yet on the other thread, you’re vehemently supporting leaving plastic toys all over cruise ships?  

Hmmmm. I guess that’s because strange kids can’t be stalked with rocks like they can with those ducks. 

Edited by Cruzaholic41
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Cruzaholic41 said:

Hold on. You think leaving a naturally formed piece of Earth - a rock- in a port is littering yet on the other thread, you’re vehemently supporting leaving plastic toys all over cruise ships?  

Hmmmm. I guess that’s because strange kids can’t be stalked with rocks like they can with those ducks. 

No, it's the painted rocks that are the issue.  Leaving them in visible places where they do not naturally occur.  

1 minute ago, Shmoo here said:

No, it's the painted rocks that are the issue.  Leaving them in visible places where they do not naturally occur.  

Got it. I don’t like it either. But I was pointing out the hypocrisy of someone who says that’s bad but leaving plastic toys isn’t. 

• Like 2

On 10/30/2019 at 1:09 PM, kathynorth said:

I think finding a happily painted rock would make me smile!

It would certainly NOT make me smile! I would be wondering who the idiot was who wanted to leave garish trash in a public place.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 11:18 AM, donaldsc said:

What is w this need to leave all sorts of stupid stuff scattered all over the ship for other people to find.  Surely people must have something more interesting to do with their time as opposed to spending it looking for rubber ducks or painted rocks..

DON

I heartily agree! I can understand children being entertained/amused by this but adults??? Seriously??

• Like 3