Cruise Critic Community
tomservo

Donut bar on the Anthem?

Does the Anthem still do a donut bar in the Windjammer on some nights? Do they announce it? I didn’t see it mentioned in the cruise compass. For anyone that’s experienced it, how were the donuts? Were they any good?

I originally saw it mentioned in the review below. 

Yes, they still had it one night.  Also, had a cupcake bar one night.  It was not pre-announced, just ran across it when we went walking thru WJ.  They are ok.  All the same base with different icing.  Enjoy

2 minutes ago, mets123 said:

They are average at best, nothing to get excited about.

I'm sure you are right,  but Donuts were meant to be tried.  I mean, I've eaten Hostess minis bought at a gas station.

I found the donuts to be dry as dust. They were more like day old donuts. The best donuts and pastry were at breakfast in the MDR. I also enjoyed the strawberry scones at cafe 270. That was my 4:00 go to with a frozen blended coffee.

22 minutes ago, Domino D said:

I'm sure you are right,  but Donuts were meant to be tried.  I mean, I've eaten Hostess minis bought at a gas station.

To each his own. There are just too many better options.

26 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I found the donuts to be dry as dust. They were more like day old donuts. The best donuts and pastry were at breakfast in the MDR. I also enjoyed the strawberry scones at cafe 270. That was my 4:00 go to with a frozen blended coffee.

These are the ones that you watch them make fresh, right in front of your eyes.

15 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Oh Ok didn't know that. Thanks

14 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

How were they? Worth looking out for?

19 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

They now have the scones with different toppings you can add at 3 - 4 PM in the WJ.

31 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

They now have the scones with different toppings you can add at 3 - 4 PM in the WJ.

Yes!  Always liked the scones but don't recall having toppings.  

Just now, ldubs said:

Yes!  Always liked the scones but don't recall having toppings.  

There is a small station that they set up in the WJ at 3 pm.  (the WJ used to close at 3).

There are small sandwiches, fruit, cookies, and scones with whipped cream, strawberries, chocolate sometimes other berries to add.  I have also seen cherries jubilee and ice cream, but that was rare.

Last time I had the fresh doughnuts, they were very nice.  It has been a while, and I have NO IDEA if they even still do this.  So don't blame me if you go to the WJ and can't find them.  😃

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Last time I had the fresh doughnuts, they were very nice.  It has been a while, and I have NO IDEA if they even still do this.  So don't blame me if you go to the WJ and can't find them.  😃

I remember donuts in the morning on the Boardwalk on Allure (maybe Oasis).  They were good.  I think one night they had warm mini cinnamon sugar donuts as a dessert, but I don't remember if it was MD or somewhere else.