Cruise Critic Community
OfTheSeasCruiser

Royal announces the Royal Beach Club Collection

"The company said its first Royal Beach Club will launch in Antigua, along a half-mile of beachfront near Fort James. The company signed a memorandum of understanding with the government of Antigua and Barbuda for the project, which is scheduled to open in 2021."

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1417/royal-caribbeans-new-wave-the-royal-beach-club-collection/

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Very interested to see how this develops.  With previous news that Antigua will expand to accommodate Oasis class this should help to spice up itineraries for all ships.  

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

Very interested to see how this develops.  With previous news that Antigua will expand to accommodate Oasis class this should help to spice up itineraries for all ships.  

Agree. I wonder if it'll function similar to Coco Beach Club on CocoCay. 

I have a feeling it will be like NCL's Harvest Caye, which they built as a partnership with Belize.  I'll bet this means no lunch unless you pay for it at a restaurant, among other extra charges for other stuff.  Really tired of the nickel and diming.  I don't want to traipse all the way back to the ship to get the stuff that is included on the ship, but costs $ at the "private" port.

I just read that RCL is going to develop a beach club in Antigua with others to follow.  Hooray! That is a terrific idea.

I hope this means that Royal will increase the availability of cruises to Antiqua especially on 7-day cruises. 

Please just keep it natural and beautiful, unlike the expensive and glamorized  "Perfect Day at CoCo Cay" theme park. 

Good thing is Antigua has so many other beaches we all will have own choices. :)

IMHO out of so many islands Antigua is one of the last which needs this kind of development.

I would like to see it in St Kitts or Dominica where not many good beaches exist.

At least not close to the port.

I had a survey from Royal a few months ago about this concept.  They seemed more focused on Nassau as a location so that might be another location down the road.

1 hour ago, wolfganghowell said:

They seemed more focused on Nassau as a location so that might be another location down the road.

They already have a plan in Freeport at the Lucayan resort there.

I think this will be great for solo travelers.  I won't get in a taxi by myself on the islands to go to a beach, and the tours through the ship, to beaches, are not always ideal times.  I'm guessing they will have shuttles running back and forth all day to their private beaches, making it much safer for us solos.

On 10/31/2019 at 12:41 PM, wolfganghowell said:

I had a survey from Royal a few months ago about this concept.  They seemed more focused on Nassau as a location so that might be another location down the road.

I would welcome something else to do in Nassau. 

23 hours ago, Biker19 said:

They already have a plan in Freeport at the Lucayan resort there.

The beach there is very beautiful already. [or was before the hurricane]

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas