Pre-Cruise Dinner Recommendations

CruzerDeb

39 minutes ago, CruzerDeb said:

Anyone have a favorite place for dinner in San Juan on the night before your cruise?  We're staying at the Old San Juan Sheraton and our friends are staying at Hotel Casa Blanca.

•  

Folks are going to jump all over you to suggest you move this to the San Juan board.

I recommend Hotel Milano in Old San Juan because it has a lovely rooftop bar and restaurant, but there are lots of good places.

Just now, cangelmd said:

Folks are going to jump all over you to suggest you move this to the San Juan board.

I recommend Hotel Milano in Old San Juan because it has a lovely rooftop bar and restaurant, but there are lots of good places.

Thanks for the recommendation - that one was actually one I was considering.  Yeah, I posted this on the San Juan board a day or so ago and got . . . crickets.

1 minute ago, CruzerDeb said:

Thanks for the recommendation - that one was actually one I was considering.  Yeah, I posted this on the San Juan board a day or so ago and got . . . crickets.

I know the cricket feeling - adding that explanation might stop everyone from suggesting it.

What I'm not sure about is how much has returned to normal. We were there 6 months after the hurricane, having stayed in San Juan for a few days prior to a cruise departure the year before the hurricane and found it sadly changed.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 8:20 AM, cangelmd said:

Yes...Agree the "Punto de Vista" the roof top restaurant on top of the Milano Hotel...Get there early enough to order the happy hour drink pricing...Enjoy !!!

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2019 at 9:26 PM, CruzerDeb said:

Anyone ever heard of / been to Triana Tapas & Flamenco?

We have eaten at Rosa De Triana a few times. Last year was disappointing. We ordered the appetizer sampler, which we have had before, and the size was not what we had experienced in the past. Really cool atmosphere and 2👍👍for their Sangria. 

-Kristi