How is Grand Turk?

KrakedMask

We will be there on Monday on the Sunrise and plan on renting a golf cart for the day. How safe is the island if we wanted to head to the downtown area on the other side of the airport? My fiancee and I are both in our 30's and will be going with another couple on the cart so we should have safety in numbers and I'm sure the island is fine but you can neve rbe too sure.

Also what are the best shops away from the port area to go and get interesting stuff?

1 hour ago, KrakedMask said:

We will be there on Monday on the Sunrise and plan on renting a golf cart for the day. How safe is the island if we wanted to head to the downtown area on the other side of the airport? My fiancee and I are both in our 30's and will be going with another couple on the cart so we should have safety in numbers and I'm sure the island is fine but you can neve rbe too sure.

Also what are the best shops away from the port area to go and get interesting stuff?

Grand Turk is a very safe island, however, when traveling anywhere, simply use common sense. 

Grand Turk boards here on Cruise Critic located @:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/291-grand-turk/

Grand Turk on Tripadvisor; all you need to know before you go, located @:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147397-d2422682-Reviews-Grand_Turk_Cruise_Center-Cockburn_Town_Grand_Turk_Turks_and_Caicos.html

☺️

• Like 1

Be sure to stop in Cockburntown at either the Sandbar or John's Ocean view for lunch.  Drive up to the lighthouse, but no real reason to walk around inside as you can't climb the lighthouse and views are decent from the parking area.  Stay off the chintzy zip line. 

• Like 1

I too am renting a golf cart on Monday - can’t wait! Plan to drive to the light house, Pillory Beach, Governors Beach and maybe a little Cockburn Town exploring. I’ve never heard of anything to cause concern for safety in GT, but common sense and “city smarts” should be used anywhere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Be sure to stop in Cockburntown at either the Sandbar or John's Ocean view for lunch.  Drive up to the lighthouse, but no real reason to walk around inside as you can't climb the lighthouse and views are decent from the parking area.  Stay off the chintzy zip line. 

How bad is the zipline? One couple in the group of us is going on that horse back riding, snorkeling, zip line tour and keep asking us to join them

Unless they've significantly changed it, you're just zipping between some tall poles. .No vegetation, no downhill or over valleys. You do overlook 98 % of the island but having zipped in other places, this one  isn't long nor interesting.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, samrothstein said:

I too am renting a golf cart on Monday - can’t wait! Plan to drive to the light house, Pillory Beach, Governors Beach and maybe a little Cockburn Town exploring. I’ve never heard of anything to cause concern for safety in GT, but common sense and “city smarts” should be used anywhere. 

Please report back on your experience renting the golf carts!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...