Cruise Critic Community
jlnprt

Homewood Suites, Ft. Lauderdale

I searched this board (and others!) and didn't see this topic, but I'm not always sure the search feature works well! 

Has anyone stayed at the Homewood Suites in Ft. Lauderdale? Opinions? Close enough to walk to places for dinner, buying wine, etc.? 

Thanks!!

I’m staying there Friday night. From what I can see, theres a Wendy’s and Dunkin Donuts next door, and not a lot else. We get in late and will be out before lunch, so won’t be looking for restaurants, but I’ll keep an eye out. 

D4138FD2-5679-401A-ACED-17727205C8BE.jpeg

On 10/30/2019 at 11:42 AM, jlnprt said:

I searched this board (and others!) and didn't see this topic, but I'm not always sure the search feature works well! 

Has anyone stayed at the Homewood Suites in Ft. Lauderdale? Opinions? Close enough to walk to places for dinner, buying wine, etc.? 

Thanks!!

Just stayed at the Residence Inn indicated on your map above. There was not a lot around. Definitely not anywhere to purchase wine.

Fairfield Inn runs a complimentary shuttle to a local strip shopping center.  It has a few restaurants, a place to buy wine/beer and other local stores.  I am pretty sue that Homeward suites also runs a shuttle.

We are staying here for the next cruise. It didn't look like much was around there. We will be utilizing delivery services for dinner and grocery/wine. We have used all the food delivery services before and we are already Instacart subscribers and have used them for hotel grocery and wine deliveries on multiple occasions. Costs a bit more and you tip your delivery person but beats the heck out of dragging tired kids out and then schlepping it all ourselves.

On 11/2/2019 at 12:45 PM, sunshine002 said:

I am pretty sue that Homeward suites also runs a shuttle.

They can always call the Homewood Suites and ask if they have a shuttle.😀

Just wrote my review for the Homewood and other things in FLL. 

I can confirm they run a shuttle to a strip mall, but didn’t go so can’t speak to which one they went to.