ROYAL CARIBBEAN SURPRISE

Ashland

I returned home from my RCI Snowbird cruise (Oct 7-20) on Adventure and just found a large heavy box on my front porch,

after unpacking it I found my next Crystal Block. How often and at what point are these given? I think I have two others.

Can't believe they went to all the trouble to mail it and label says from Bridgewater Ma. 

The others I believe were left in my cabin..at least I didn't have to lug this one home.

Interesting.  I've never paid attention to blocks references thinking they were something really rare, for those with hundreds of points, didn't realize they'd be given before even Diamond plus.  I'm D+ and have never recieved one.  Do they have something on record about whether or not you've been given one such that I could ask about it on next cruise?  Not that I need one.  

8 minutes ago, CP3o said:

Interesting.  I've never paid attention to blocks references thinking they were something really rare, for those with hundreds of points, didn't realize they'd be given before even Diamond plus.  I'm D+ and have never recieved one.  Do they have something on record about whether or not you've been given one such that I could ask about it on next cruise?  Not that I need one.  

Call C&A to ask about your missed blocks.  They cannot do anything onboard about missed blocks for other ships.

9 minutes ago, CP3o said:

Just be aware that rule #4 for the C&A crystal block award has been amended sometime recently and now has a caveat that "Any gifts not accepted onboard by the member will be considered forfeited and will not be shipped to the member post-sailing". It previously only said that the gift (block) was awarded at 140, 210, 280, 350, and every 70 points after that, with no mention about the shipping.  So it depends on the meaning of "accepted onboard".  Going forward I plan to remind the LA on my block cruises.    They have shipped me one this year, which I earned on a charter cruise in 2016 that had points awarded but the LA took that cruise off and we had no other benefits on that cruise.  Just the points. 

29 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Do they give you the block of the ship that you're sailing on/recently sailed, or is it a random draw from the fleet?

They give you the block of the ship that you are sailing (and attained the required number of days).

On 10/30/2019 at 5:15 PM, Host Clarea said:

First block is given at 140 points and then every 70 points thereafter.

Thank you. Clarea! I have 191 points and knew nothing about the crystal blocks. So I called C&A this morning and they looked up my info. Should have gotten it on the Serenade in 2014. Now they'll send it to me.

6 minutes ago, jr8934 said:

Thank you. Clarea! I have 191 points and knew nothing about the crystal blocks. So I called C&A this morning and they looked up my info. Should have gotten it on the Serenade in 2014. Now they'll send it to me.

Thanks for reporting back.