Explorer itinerary altered 10/31

Because of bad weather ahead we are now staying in Lanzarote until 6p, we were scheduled to leave at 1p.

Ports of Vigo and A Coruna have been cancelled and we are waiting to hear where we may go instead.

Scheduled back into Southampton on Tuesday 11/5.

We were 2 hours late into Funchal making it a very short stop due to the weather on the way down.

57 minutes ago, little britain said:

Because of bad weather ahead we are now staying in Lanzarote until 6p, we were scheduled to leave at 1p.

Ports of Vigo and A Coruna have been cancelled and we are waiting to hear where we may go instead.

We were 2 hours late into Funchal making it a very short stop due to the weather on the way down.

That's a shame. I know we can't control the weather but it's still disappointing. Hope you're having a great time in spite of the changes. We were going to book this cruise as a b2b with the TA on 5th, but I'm celebrating a big (very big 😉) birthday on the TA so having a party this weekend with the family before we sail 🎂

Enjoy the rest of your trip 😊

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, little britain said:

Lots of apps have us going to Malaga....still no official announcement!

Oh Little Britain hope the weather settles for you! Malaga should  be better weather so hope you do go there, we love it as a port to wander. 

Not long and we will be on the Jewel with you and think we will get some sunny 😎 times! Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Dianne

8 hours ago, little britain said:

I wonder if you go to Lisbon.

We missed la Corina when there was bad weather on one of our cruises.

I hope you have had a great cruise notwithstanding the rough seas and hopefully the weather improves for your return to Southampton.

18 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

One would think the folks on board would be the best source of info.

My cabin TV planner now shows overnight Malaga and overnight Lisbon returning Southampton Friday 8th.....😬

Edited by little britain

1 minute ago, little britain said:

My cabin TV planner now shows overnight Malaga and overnight Lisbon returning Southampton Friday 8th.....😬

Not surprised, there is no way they would sail through that storm.

It's like a repeat of this time last year when we were about to board the Jewel TA and all the ships got rerouted south to avoid a similar storm.

3 minutes ago, little britain said:

Ok captain announcement confirms cruise extended by 3 days....

It's going to be an expensive bill for RCI to put everyone up on the next sailing for 3 days in Southampton. It will be interesting to see what happens to the next sailing.

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, little britain said:

There are strange rumours on the Zuckerberg site that we are extending the cruise by 4 days and not back till Friday 😬

Has anyone on the 11/5 TA heard anything? 

we are booked on the 11/5 and just spoke with RCCL diamond + help line. They have confirmed the ship is delayed due to weather. They have told me that we will now sail on Nov 8th and there will be changes to the itinerary in the caribbean but we will still arrive in Miami on Nov 19th. Everyone booked with RCCL will receive an email within the next 1 - 2 hour outlining the changes.

8 hours ago, Bestbubba said:

That's a shame. I know we can't control the weather but it's still disappointing. Hope you're having a great time in spite of the changes. We were going to book this cruise as a b2b with the TA on 5th, but I'm celebrating a big (very big 😉) birthday on the TA so having a party this weekend with the family before we sail 🎂

Enjoy the rest of your trip 😊

Congratulations for your big birthday and hope you have a fantastic time and a brilliant cruise afterwards.

8 minutes ago, Kezzie62 said:

we are booked on the 11/5 and just spoke with RCCL diamond + help line. They have confirmed the ship is delayed due to weather. They have told me that we will now sail on Nov 8th and there will be changes to the itinerary in the caribbean but we will still arrive in Miami on Nov 19th. Everyone booked with RCCL will receive an email within the next 1 - 2 hour outlining the changes.

$100 says they go to CocoCay!!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dancingfish said:

Seriously- how do they make up 3 days? do they take that from transatlantic? Can they sail faster??? or do they loose their ports?

Cruise was going deep to the Southern Caribbean. Shorten that up a few days by doing St Maarten, San Juan, and/or CocoCay instead.

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Congratulations for your big birthday and hope you have a fantastic time and a brilliant cruise afterwards.

That's so very kind of you, thank you! At the moment we're hearing our sailing is postponed till Friday due to storms , oh joy!! Oh well, thankfully for once we booked with a TA, usually book cruise /flight separately, so travel agent will have to deal with it. Really feel for all the people flying in from the States this weekend though. 

Sue 

6 minutes ago, Bestbubba said:

That's so very kind of you, thank you! At the moment we're hearing our sailing is postponed till Friday due to storms , oh joy!! Oh well, thankfully for once we booked with a TA, usually book cruise /flight separately, so travel agent will have to deal with it. Really feel for all the people flying in from the States this weekend though. 

Sue 

Hopefully your arrangements are sorted by your TA and RC and others have their flights changed or RC put them in hotels for the 3 days with some compensation as the cruise is going to be 3 days shorter.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27

My parents are on this cruise.

This morning they were very worried about the weather. Now as I pointed out they are getting three days for free.

They booked their air travel through RCI, will it be rearranged automatically? I told them to ask on board, but I thought I might get a quicker answer here.

just got this:-

Dear Guest,

We’ve been carefully monitoring four storms with our Chief Meteorologist, James Van Fleet, that have impacted the current Explorer of the Seas sailing, which in turn impacts our route while crossing the Transatlantic. These storms are large, growing, and moving quickly, at different times. Unfortunately, when one passes, the other makes its way into our path. So, to avoid rough seas and a bumpy journey, we were forced to change our current itinerary, causing the ship to arrive in Southampton on November 8th, instead of November 5th. As a result, we’ll set sail on November 8th and we’ll visit Philipsburg, St. Maarten as we make our way to Miami, Florida. 

We are terribly sorry for this last-minute change, but know we made this decision to maintain a safe and comfortable journey. As always, your safety is our top priority and fortunately, being onboard a ship is one of the safest places to be during a storm, as we can sail out to sea and navigate around inclement weather. Plus, our ships have the latest technology, satellites, communication equipment, along with a team of experts who closely monitor the weather. Below, please find our new itinerary.

Image did not load.